Random Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Creator 
Admins 

Random Roleplay's Weekly Challenge

+3
ScorpionWins
GenericSpider
NazrinTsunMouse
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Random Roleplay's Weekly Challenge Empty Random Roleplay's Weekly Challenge

Post by NazrinTsunMouse Fri 25 Feb 2011, 10:03 pm

Most of you know of the claim thread on this site, well this is your chance to get an extra claim. Me and two other admins will rotate hosting a weekly challenge. The winner earns the chance to make an extra claim that they can use right away or save for a special occasion. The admin hosting the challenge cannot participate themselves and will be choosing the winner of challenge.

Rules

• You can only place an entry once.
  • On some challenges you can get one chance to make an edit to your post but only once so use it wisely.
  • If there is a tie than a tie breaker must be done to break the tie.
  • No hard feelings if you don't win, complaining about losing will be frowned upon and any chance to participate in future challenges will be forfeited.

Okay on to our first challenge!

Flame's Challenge
For your first challenge young RPers, you will have to write an intro to a fic. I will judge the fic on a numerous of things then pick a winner, someone who I felt wrote the best intro. Entries will be accepted from Feb. 26, 12:00 am Eastern Standard Time to Mar. 5, 12:00 am Eastern Standard Time.

Requirements

1. It must be at least two paragraphs long with 3-4 sentences each.
  2. It must be compelling and make you want to read more.
  3. !NO PLAGIARISM!
  4. Your fic can be for any fandom or for an original story, doesn't matter as long as it's a good read.
  5. Correct grammar and spelling will improve your chances of winning.
  6. Do not, I repeat, do not, write a whole fic. I only want the intro and that's it.
NazrinTsunMouse
NazrinTsunMouse
Admin

Award : Best Admin Ever.... Right?

https://randomroleplay.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Random Roleplay's Weekly Challenge Empty Re: Random Roleplay's Weekly Challenge

Post by GenericSpider Fri 25 Feb 2011, 10:46 pm

The Earth shook with the force of many giant footsteps, and powerful explosions. The air burned with the heat of many lasers, lightning bolts, heat rays, rockets, missiles, and many many other horrible things the combatants were firing eachother. If those unfortunate enough to be on the ground at the time could see past the battle in the air, or the smoke generated from the battle on land; they would see many flashing lights in the sky, and know that even the depths of space were not safe from this horrible war.

The residents of Osaka desperately clamoured for the bomb shelters, or for any shelter they could find in this battle. Pieces of metal, and limbs, and sometimes even entire mecha, or worse, dead little girls rained from the sky. Nowhere was truly safe; every few minutes there'd be a cry of "STARLIGHT BREAKER!" or "GETTER BEAM", or "GIGA-DRILL-BREAKER" or "MOON CRYSTAL POWER!" and an entire city block would be destroyed.
GenericSpider
GenericSpider

Back to top Go down

Post by ScorpionWins Fri 25 Feb 2011, 11:07 pm

Blood. Lots of blood. That was the only sign that anything had happened there. There were no bodies, not a single finger bone to indicate a fight. Just blood. The ANBU that had discovered it had stated that he'd heard a single scream, and found only these pools of scarlet liquid when he shortly thereafter reached the scene. The old Hokage blew a ring of smoke, before placing his pipe back in his mouth. His crystal ball showed him an ANBU that had been patrolling the area when the assumed murder happened.

The pipe dropped from Sarutobi's mouth when the ANBU rammed his fist clean through his comrade's back, other hand closed over the man's mouth. Tendrils, almost like vines erupted from the fake ninja's body, seemingly absorbing… CONSUMING… their target. Almost immediately he signaled his ANBU to surround the area. Alex Mercer could only grin as he stabbed an unconscious drunkard in the street with his claws, consuming and becoming him, taking his place. The hunt had begun.
ScorpionWins
ScorpionWins
Growing Demon

Back to top Go down

Post by PiePerson Mon 28 Feb 2011, 1:44 am

It took him long enough. Sitting in front of me is my lawyer, he's smiling, but he is far from happy. He looks into my eyes and sees that I'm a lost a cause, something that a public defender should be used to. I'm handcuffed to the table so that I don't attack, not that there's any need to. Besides, I'm tired, solitary confinement can really suck the energy out of you.

The only sounds you ever hear are the newbies, fresh off the streets. They scream, they cry and the more pathetic ones pray. After a while they talk to no one but themselves, and eventually, they just shut up, some of them kill themselves. Crafty little bastards.

All I know is that I won't have to deal with this crap anymore. I'm out. My boyfriend; so spineless that I have him wrapped around my finger, got me out. No, they didn't let me out, I'm not on bail or parole or anything. God no, why would they let a murderer out? Simply because they got the wrong guy, and the real one just turned himself in. It's not like I'll miss Robert, I haven't seen him in a few months anyways, and he's no prize in the sack either. I can do so much better.

It's a real shame these days, what our legal system has come to. To convict me, a mere artist, a visionary, a sculptor! The legal system did me wrong, and now I am lacking what I once had, a boyfriend. Not only that, but I need more tools, oh, and a new model.
PiePerson
PiePerson
Drama Queen

Location : Down. By. The. Baaaaaaaaaay.... where the watermelons groooow.

Back to top Go down

Post by The Wicked Xen Tue 01 Mar 2011, 2:39 am

The time had come. It had finally come and Tsuna expected it. He had known for a long time he would have to do something like this, but it didn't stop his heart from beating ten times faster. It didn't stop his palms from sweating or his knees from shaking. The thought of knowing what he absolutely had to do didn't stop him from being scared out of his mind. He might be the Vongola Decimo now, the leader of the most powerful mafia family in the world, but in some way he was still that scared little boy that wanted nothing to do with the mafia.

He stepped into the dimly lit room that was behind the large steel door. His six guardians followed him, all solemn-faced, even the usually boisterous Ryohei and hyper Lambo. This was the first time they had gotten together for such an occasion. It was sure to suck any light-hearted mood right out of anyone's heart.

Reborn was already there, standing just a few feet away from a bloodied and bruised man who sat against the far wall. Tsuna's usually warm brown eyes turned cold and narrowed at the man, who cowered beneath his gaze. It was a small comfort that after five years of Reborn's tutelage Tsuna was able to embody a cold mafioso perfectly. He was sure he'd break down later though.

Tsuna locked eyes with Reborn, who nodded and hopped up onto Yamamoto's shoulder, probably for a better view. Gokudera stepped up next to Tsuna and reached into his jacket, bringing out a gleaming 9mm pistol that was standard issue for most police men. The wicked, deadly gleam of the metal caused a subtle shiver to travel through Tsuna's body, but fortunately no one noticed.

The Decimo took hold of the gun and lifted it, inspecting it for a second, feeling the weight of the weapon in his palm and causing the prisoner to cower even more. Tsuna told himself the prisoner deserved this; this was the punishment for selling family secrets to rival families, for endangering the lives of his friends and loved ones. Tsuna pushed aside thoughts of the prisoner's own family as he pointed the barrel at the pleading man, his finger tightening on the trigger.

This was his life now. In order to protect his family he had to get rid of those who wanted to harm them and he was starting with the man who was sniveling before him, pleading him to spare his life. With his guardians and ex-tutor as his witness, Tsuna squeezed the trigger and he prepared himself for an echoing bang that would haunt his dreams for the rest of his life.
The Wicked Xen
The Wicked Xen

Award : The Guide To All Things Yaoi

Back to top Go down

Post by Simply David Tue 01 Mar 2011, 9:10 pm

The Blade of Magnificence

“Magnificent though the blade may be,” Said Sarah, “You can’t just expect it to be enough!” She stared at him hard with her green eyes, her blue hair flowing in the wind as she looked at the man who was the father of her children, the man she swore the rest of her life to. She looked in his blue eyes, his short blonde hair covering them slightly, and she saw the pain in them.

“Listen, Sarah,” Began John, “I know that I can’t protect you from the Bandit King once he comes, but if I get this blade, I can save your life! I can save our children! He will want to kill you, and the kids will become his slaves!”

“Then let’s go into hiding!” Sarah cried out, “We can hide! We can run! The dangers revolving around the blade are too much! You can’t hope to get it!”

“I’m sorry, Sarah,” and he meant it. He’d been wishing there was another way, praying that there was something that would protect his family. But he couldn’t find anything but this blade…
Simply David
Simply David
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by NazrinTsunMouse Sun 06 Mar 2011, 3:46 pm

Ding ding ding! We have a winner! Emo claim your prize!
NazrinTsunMouse
NazrinTsunMouse
Admin

Award : Best Admin Ever.... Right?

https://randomroleplay.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Simply David Sun 06 Mar 2011, 7:01 pm

Congrats Emo!
Simply David
Simply David
Admin

Back to top Go down

Random Roleplay's Weekly Challenge Empty Random Roleplay's 2nd Weekly Challenge

Post by Simply David Sun 06 Mar 2011, 10:59 pm

Firstly, congrats to our last winner, Emo Girl.

Secondly, a reminder of what this is about: Most of you know of the claim thread on this site, well this is your chance to get an extra claim. Me and two other admins will rotate hosting a weekly challenge. The winner earns the chance to make an extra claim that they can use right away or save for a special occasion. The admin hosting the challenge cannot participate themselves and will be choosing the winner of challenge.

Rules

• You can only place an entry once.

On some challenges you can get one chance to make an edit to your post but only once so use it wisely.

If there is a tie than a tie breaker must be done to break the tie.

No hard feelings if you don't win, complaining about losing will be frowned upon and any chance to participate in future challenges will be forfeited

Now, for our next challenge!

David's Challenge!

This one is a little more complicated than Flame's, but I hope you all put forth your best efforts! Simply make a weapon using the outline I provide and I'll score it.

Scoring will be simple: Up to 5 points for originality, and up to 5 points for entertainment. Entertainment means it can be funny, useful, amazing, etc. A single bonus point will be given for perfect grammar and spelling.

I will not announce any scoring or give any comments until the end of the challenge week. Entries will not be accepted after 12:00am Saturday 12th.

Outline:

Name:
Weapon type: (Anything you consider to be a weapon, just make sure we know what type of weapon it is)
Appearance: (Pictures are appreciated, but a description will not reduce your chapters)
Special qualities: (This can include anything that makes the weapon different or unique)
Special abilities: (Anything it can do that would help or hurt in battle)
Weaknesses:
Background: (This part is optional, and will mostly affect originality)
Misc.: (Anything I forgot that you want to add)
Simply David
Simply David
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Wicked Xen Sun 06 Mar 2011, 11:08 pm

*takes prize* I'd like to thank the Academy... *shot* XD
The Wicked Xen
The Wicked Xen

Back to top Go down

Post by ScorpionWins Sun 06 Mar 2011, 11:20 pm

Name: The HSWAGD Cannon
Weapon type: Medieval Cannon
Appearance:
Spoiler:
Special qualities: Solid Gold, Can be fired by yelling "fire!" rather than lighting a fuse.
Special abilities: Never runs out of cannonballs, no matter how many times you fire it. Cannonballs vaporize everything they touch.
Weaknesses: Not very mobile, difficult to turn, makes any devout Christians nearby attack you.
Background: A cannon made out of gold, which wasn't going to be extraordinary, was turned into a weapon of incredible wrath as the melted-down holy grail was used in the forging of the cannon. Ironically, despite having taken its divine powers from a relic of Jesus, it was used by an Atheist pirate, who accidentally destroyed his own ship. It sank to the bottom of the sea. Legends say that it's still down there. Unfortunately, nobody knows which sea it sank in.
Misc.: The cannonballs are also golden. HSWAGD stands for "Holy Shit We're All Gonna Die"
ScorpionWins
ScorpionWins
Growing Demon

Back to top Go down

Post by GenericSpider Mon 07 Mar 2011, 12:05 pm

Name: The Wooden Staff of Involuntary-Shapeshifting

Weapon type: wooden staff.

Appearance: lt's a long, smooth, wooden staff.

Special qualities: None.

Special abilities: Anyone that is hit by the staff shall be turned into whatever animal they hate the most. It then sends them to another planet, where they are devoured by hideous blob monsters. Also, people who wield it tend to die in incredibly stupid ways.

Background: Created by a powerful wizard for reasons involving a demon, an evil king, a dragon, and a drunk antidisestablishmentarian. However, it was lost for many years when the wizard lost it to Satan in a game of poker. Since then, Satan put a curse on it so that everyone who wielded the staff would inevitably do something extremely stupid that resulted in their death. He then handed it to a priest, and it has switched owners many times since then. At the moment, it is ownerless, due to it's previous owner going into battle drunk off his ass; and accidentally hitting himself with the staff.

Misc.: Yes, I do know what an antidisestablishmentarian is.
GenericSpider
GenericSpider

Back to top Go down

Post by Simply David Sat 12 Mar 2011, 8:23 pm

hm... well, I know not to do this challenge again. Not enough people were motivated.

Now, the winner is......

KAGE! With his "The HSWAGD Cannon". Claim your prize, sir!
Simply David
Simply David
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Phazon Wed 16 Mar 2011, 1:46 am

Phazon's Challenge

My challenge, it is a simple one. Make an ad. Doesn't matter what it's for- a product, a person, a job, a -insert something here-. Not important. The only things that are important about the ad are two simple grading criteria. They are as follows:

-Interest: On a scale of 1 to 10, how interesting was your ad? This covers things like being funny, catching my attention, and generally sticking out.

-Purchase-ness: On a scale of 1 to 10, how much do I actually want to buy your product? This category is self-explaining! If you make a parodying ad that expresses why something shouldn't be bought, then you will be graded on how little I want to buy your product.

- Catchy-Jingle/Slogan/Motto-ness: On a scale of 1 to 5, how good is the jingle/slogan/motto for your company or ad? Where and how you implement your jingle/slogan/motto aren't important; as long as it sound good when the ad is read, you're doing it right.

The rules for this contest are also simple:

- One entry per person.
- You may edit your entries as long as the editing is not done after the deadline. Such entries will be disqualified.
- Good grammar and spelling are needed. Entries without them will be disqualified.
- Your ad may not be for the same thing as another person's ad.

Now with all that out of the way, I declare this contest OPEN! The deadline for entries is one week from now, that is to say: midnight of March 23rd. Good luck, all~
Dr. Phazon
Dr. Phazon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Simply David Sun 20 Mar 2011, 11:16 pm

*Opens shot showing a picture of a small rock*

Rock! What is it good for? Absolutely nothing!

*Little kids staring at a rock say:*
We love our Rock! It just sits there and we stare at it!

Rock! It's the most amazing thing to ever do absolutely nothing!

*Shows image of a rock in the driveway, and it blows out a tire as a car backs up*

*Man driving the car says:*
"Oh Rock, I love you!"

Rock! What is it good for? Absolutely nothing!
Simply David
Simply David
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Wicked Xen Tue 22 Mar 2011, 12:08 pm

Mysterious Voice Announcer: How often does this happen to you?

*Hiroshima bombing plays on screen*

Mysterious Voice Announcer: Pretty often, huh? That's why you need Anti-Nuclear Bomb Radiation Spray!

*A picture of a spray can with Anti-Nuclear Bomb Radiation Spray printed on it appears*

Jingle: Anti-Nuclear Bomb Radiation Spray~! The spray with a long name and protection to last~!

Mysterious Voice Announcer: That's right, Anti-Nuclear Bomb Radiation Spray! The only spray that protects you from the dangerous radiation of nuclear bombs! Just shake it, spray it, and you're protected!

Demonstrator: *shakes can and sprays all over self*

*Demonstrator is nuked*

Demonstrator: *is now burned and mutilated but is still somehow alive* Wow, it protected me from the radiation! So now, instead of dying from cancer, I'll just die from my third degree burns! What a great product! Very Happy

Mysterious Voice Announcer: See how satisfied our customers are? So order some Anti-Nuclear Bomb Radiation Spray now and get a How-to-Doogie Guide book for free! That's right, for FREE!

Burned Demonstrator: Now I can be protected from radiation and Doogie at the same time! Very Happy

Mysterious Voice Announcer: Call 1-800-4668533 now! That's 1-800-IMNUKED! Call now!

Jingle: Anti-Nuclear Bomb Radiation Spray~! Just shake it, spray it, and Doogie real fast~! Anti-Nuclear Bomb Radiation Spray~! The spray with a long name and protection to last!

Last edited by Emo Girl on Wed 23 Mar 2011, 12:18 am; edited 1 time in total
The Wicked Xen
The Wicked Xen

Back to top Go down

Post by ScorpionWins Tue 22 Mar 2011, 5:59 pm

Announcer: Are you bullied at school?

Bully: Gimme your lunch money!
Kid: But I brought my own lunch today!
Bully: *steals kid's lunch*

Announcer: Then maybe Bully-B-Gone is right for you. *A gun appears on screen* Just take the device, aim it at the nearest bully, and pull the trigger...

Kid: I'VE HAD ENOUGH OF YOU! *Aims gun, fires*
Bully: Wha- *Shot, dies*

Announcer: The bully will be gone forever. Call 1-800-HAHAYOUAREDEAD(42429682733323) today. You must be 8 years of age or younger and/or not know what Bully-B-Gone actually is to order. Offer not available in Canada. Bully-B-Gone is not responsible for any jail time acquired through usage. Should you have complaint, please send a letter to 13666 We Don't Exist Lane, Antartica.
ScorpionWins
ScorpionWins
Growing Demon

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Phazon Sat 26 Mar 2011, 3:41 pm

Alright, the judging period has ended, and I am now ready to present the results. Our three competitors, David, Emo, and Scorpion, all presented great products for us. But who will win? You'll see if you scroll down a little farther! But first, go do something else! This is the commercial break that will make you more eager to see the results!

David's "Rock":

Interest: 7/10 - David's commercial is that sort of commercial old-school, black-and-white commercial that you don't see anymore. It catches your eyes nowadays using both simplicity and the American Dream.

Purchase-ness: 6/10 - It's a rock. What's it good for? Absolutely nothing! Yet, I feel strangely compelled to buy it...

Catchy-Jingle/Slogan/Motto-ness: 5/5 - Rock's slogan is also oddly catchy. The voice from the commercial is very blunt with a phrase like that, and his tone seems like it belongs in a real commercial.

Total Score: 18/25

----------------------------

Emo's "Anti-Nuclear Bomb Radiation Spray":

Interest: 9/10 - Ah, nuclear-related things. One of my favorite things. A quick way to catch my attention. Thank Utsuho for these points, Emo.

Purchase-ness: 6/10 - I really, really dislike hot weather. I probably also dislike burns. So a way to make sure that I die of burns than something else isn't incredibly appealing. I also dislike spray products. However, I don't know what it means to "Doogie", so getting a book to teach me what it means is a plus.

Catchy-Jingle/Slogan/Motto-ness: 2/5 - The product's long name is working against it here. The jingle doesn't roll off the tongue well, and that's a real problem. Plus, I can't Doogie since I don't know how, so I can't sing the jingle anyway. You can't sing that sort of jingle without going through the motions, after all.

Total Score: 17/25

Scorpion's "Bully-B-Gone":

Interest: 6/10 - Short. Simple. To the point. Perhaps even a little plain.

Purchase-ness: 7/10 - A little violent, but violence is good on the internet. Unfortunately, I don't have problems with bullies anymore.

Catchy-Jingle/Slogan/Motto-ness: 1/5 - What catchy jingle/slogan/motto? I didn't see one. I saw fine print that's probably read in a really fast and funny sounding voice, though. Unfortunately for Spidey, I can't count that.

Total Score: 14/25

And so, with a score of 18/25 and beating out Emo by just one point, our winner is SimplyDavid! Congrats, David. I'm not paying for your product, but I expect a free one as a promotional thingie for this. Enjoy your extra claim~
Dr. Phazon
Dr. Phazon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Simply David Mon 04 Apr 2011, 2:38 pm

This week's Challenge!

I want you to write me a romantic scene! Any sort of romantic scene about any two characters, male or female or whatever, and the characters can be OCs or from any fictional source of your choosing.

Rules:

1) No lemons. As much as I don't mind a good sex scene this challenge is not 18+. This challenge is a safe place for even the youngest children.

2) Plagiarism will deduct almost all your points quickly. So no re-enactments of scenes or what have you.

3) If you want to write an anti-romantic scene for comedic effect, you'll have to do well, but it is allowed. Just be sure to make me laugh.

4) DO YOUR BEST!
Simply David
Simply David
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Wicked Xen Tue 05 Apr 2011, 10:49 am

Quick questions; Can one use a scene from one's own work that has already been published? Or does it have to be fresh and "on the spot" sort of speak?

Oh, and is a little saliva exchange accepted? Wink
The Wicked Xen
The Wicked Xen

Back to top Go down

Post by Simply David Tue 05 Apr 2011, 12:51 pm

Both are fine.

It just has to be something you yourself came up with, no stealing anyone's ideas.
Simply David
Simply David
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GenericSpider Tue 05 Apr 2011, 7:55 pm

"Hello; my name is Melphina Cruise, and I am here to tell you about how Serena Starbite came to be my knight. Yes, her last name really is Starbite; I'm not making this up.

I met Serena when we were in Kindergarten. I was being bullied by a large, butch girl whose name is lost to my memory. The girl had discovered that my mother was a Sorceress, and had not taken it well. She'd grabbed my teddy bear, and taunted me; saying that if I wanted the bear back, then I would have to use my magic to get it.

I cried and begged her to give it back; but she laughed at me. That was when Semera stepped in. She walked up to the bully, and demanded that she give me back the toy. It didn't matter to her that the bully was bigger than her; she saw injustice, and it made her angry.

When the bully refused, Semera punched her in the face without hesitation, then stomped on her foot. Then she headbutted her, and took the teddy bear out of her hands. She walked over to me, and helped me to my feet.

"Here's your toy back," she said.

She seemed very suprised when I hugged her and thanked her a bunch of times, but I didn't care. She was my new favorite person.

Since that day, we've been best friends, and she's always been there for me. When we were in middle school and my powers started to manifest, she was there.

When I told her I wanted to join the Intergalactic Peacekeeping Force; she said that if I wanted to become a MechaMage (a sorceress that uses a giant robot to enhance their power); then she would be my pilot. That day, we promised to fight together for a better universe.

And we both kept that promise. It wasn't easy; it took years of magic training for me, and years of training to become a pilot for Semera. And unfortunately for us, the training facilities were on opposite ends of the Galaxy; so we wouldn't be able to see eachother for years.

We each gave eachother one of our personal belongings so that, whenever we felt like giving up; we'd remember that the other was working their ass off. She gave me her sunglasses (they were her favorite pair), and I gave her the teddy bear she'd rescued the day we'd first met. It was a tearful goodbye, but a necessary one.

To make it worse, those training to become Mecha-mages aren't allowed contact with anyone from their past during their training. I had no way of knowing whether or not Semera was still striving to become a pilot; heck, for all I knew, she could have been hit by a bus.

But Semera....wasn't the type to give up. And I seriously doubt that something like getting hit by a bus would stop her. So I focussed on my studies. I was going to be a MechaMage, and Semera was going to be my pilot!

When I graduated the Magical Academy; I was given my pic of graduates from the War Academy. I didn't bother to read any profiles; I'd already chosen my pilot. I skimmed down the list till I found Semera's name, and I pointed to it.

"Her," I said. "She's my pilot,"

Our reunion came even sooner than I planned. As I was packing up during what was to be my last night in my old college dormroom; there was a knock on the door.

I opened the door, and was suprised to find Semera standing there, holding that old Teddy bear.

"I believe this is yours," she said, with a smile.

This time, she wasn't at all suprised when I hugged her.
GenericSpider
GenericSpider

Back to top Go down

Post by The Wicked Xen Tue 05 Apr 2011, 10:25 pm

*wiggles* Mou~ I had a hard time deciding which of my scenes I was going to submit. I even briefly considered just writing something instead, but my ideas mutated into one long multi-chaptered phenomenon. Very Happy

But, after thoroughly skimming through my works, I found one scene I liked. Placed in a spoiler in consideration to those who don't read slash. XP

Spoiler:
The Wicked Xen
The Wicked Xen

Back to top Go down

Post by Simply David Fri 15 Apr 2011, 10:24 am

Ah, I apologise.

I've been so distracted lately I let this challenge last longer than I was supposed to.

Alright then
The winner
the moment we've all been waiting for
The time has come
To announce
who the winner is
and that
person
is...

For writing a story that showed romance that crossed all boundaries, and even went beyond the stars~ The story that clearly demonstrated a long term relationship in such a short piece~ Generic Spider Did very well.

For writing a story that clearly showed hidden and deeper emotions~ for putting together a scene that involved a bed and didn't have any moments above PG13~ Emo Girl also did Very well.

But in the end, there can be one winner.
This winner
after much deliberation
I have decided
will be
the one
the only~~~~

Generic Spider~ Claim your prize, good sir.
Simply David
Simply David
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Simply David Mon 23 May 2011, 4:04 pm

Alright, the newest Challenge! We admins apologise that we haven't been keeping up with this weekly like we intended, but hopefully this week can make up for it!

This week, the prize is doubled. You get two claims for the price of one! Work hard if you want to win!

So, for this week, what I want you to do is get my blood pumping! Make the adrenaline work! Give me a scene of epic awesomeness!

Write me a Fight Scene! It can be any two characters from anywhere, or even OCs. It can be more than two characters. It can be whole armies clashing.

Rules:
  1. It can not be longer then ten paragraphs, and can not be shorter than two.

2. Bad spelling/grammar can reduce your score.

3. The usual rules, including only one edit and NO PLAGIARISM! That also means don't just copy/paste a fight scene from a story/anime/whatever that you think is really awesome.

I'll be scoring like so:

0-5: Connection to the characters. The more I feel for them, or laugh at them, the more likely I will like them, and therefore the more likely I will like the scene. This can work in reverse too, since you can make someone I love to hate.

0-10: The Fight. How awesome is it? The more on the edge of my seat I am for this fight the more points you'll get.

0-5: Description. Can I actually tell what's going on? What do the people look like? Where are they fighting? What do their attacks look like?

All together that means you can get 20 points, but likely nobody will actually manage a perfect score, as I will be dreadfully picky since this week's prize is doubled.

This challenge will end on Monday, May 30th, at 11:59 PM (23:59).
Simply David
Simply David
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Wicked Xen Wed 25 May 2011, 2:46 am

The buildings around him were reduced to smoldering rubble. Mutilated bodies of the innocent were scattered across the pavement, lying in puddles of drying blood. Smoke filled the air, choking and constricting, and the sky was covered in ominous clouds, blocking out the light of the sun.

He couldn't remember how a peaceful day could turn out so horribly. He couldn't remember what had happened and the reasons they happened. And he couldn't remember how the blood-caked sword had gotten to his hands. All he could remember was feeling anger so great that nothing else mattered. Nothing but killing the cloaked person in front of him.

They had been fighting for hours now and if he could stop and think about it, he'd be surprised at how long he lasted against his adversary. He was just an ordinary human after all and his enemy seemed much more, considering the maniacal grin the other wore. He was growing fatigued and the wounds that littered his battered body were starting to ache something fierce.

But no. He wasn't going to stop here. He was going to kill that man even if he died trying. Gathering his determination and steadying his sword, he tensed his legs and charged with a battle cry leaving his lips. His enemy just continued grinning that infuriating grin and met him halfway, their blades contacting with a clang and a burst of sparks. They jumped apart only to meet again and again, their swords bouncing off of each other in an incredible show of speed and strength. Despite being a normal human who had never handle a sword before, he was doing well in this battle.

At least, until he was suddenly disarmed. His weakened hand struggled to keep hold of the hilt of his sword, but it flew out of his hand anyway, landing just a few meters away and skittering between chunks of concrete. His enemy didn't hesitate to take the opening and slash him across the chest, blood flowing freely from the new wound. He screamed out his pain and staggered backwards, his hands reaching up to cover the injury in a futile attempt to stem the bleeding.

The cloaked person laughed, a deep, horrifying laugh that promised pain and suffering and cruelty. He stepped backwards as the other man stepped towards him, sword raised to strike again, lips still pulled back in a feral grin. He was afraid, completely terrified despite his glares and admirable defiance, but he'd be damned if he'd let that man kill him while he was defenseless.

He dodged to the left, running towards his fallen sword. His enemy didn't seem to mind his movements, just calmly turning and running after him as if fighting with him was a chore. He scooped up his fallen sword and readied it just in time to block a jarring blow from his enemy, gritting his teeth as he put his remaining strength in his defense. Deep in his heart he knew he was fighting a losing battle but he still wanted to get revenge for what happened to his loved ones.

The other man laughed his horrible laugh again, as if he could read his opponent's mind and he was amused at the accusations thrown at him. "Me? Kill all your loved ones?" He laughed again, pushing his opponent back with his superior strength. "No... I didn't kill them..." He tilted his head back far enough so that his hood fell and revealed his face. "You did!"

He was horrified to find his own face grinning back at him, manic and inhuman and outright insane.

His scream pierced the air and then all was silent...
The Wicked Xen
The Wicked Xen

Back to top Go down

Post by GenericSpider Wed 25 May 2011, 1:16 pm

Aaron A. Anderson waits in a chair, on the stage of the large opera house. All of his murders have been leading up to this moment; have been commited in hopes that a meeting like this could take place. His shapeshifting arms had taken many lives just to bring someone like her to him. Someone that will give him the fight of his life.
Right on cue she arrives; dramatically kicking the door to the entrance off it's hinges. A short brunette, around the age of 16. Her name is Cindy, and though she seems at first glance to be a joke; he's seen her punch a grown man through a wall. All his life he's wanted to fight and kill someone like her; a true enemy. He believes her death will be his greatest victory.

He laughs off her loud declarations that she's going to defeat him once and for all, and that she'll smash his arms to pieces if she has to. He taunts her with the usual speech about his motives, and love for battle, and claims that they aren't so different. She tells him off handily, and the fight begins.

His right arm turns into a flamethrower and sprays flaming oil in her direction, lighting several seats on fire as it does so. She manages to avoid the spray with her impressive speed, running on top of rows of seats to avoid fiery death. His arm changes into a gatling gun, firing a spray of bullets at her; but she manages to stay just out of the path of the bullets, and at one point runs on the wall to avoid being plugged.

She's on the stage now, and running towards him. He realizes that he might have a chance of hitting her with another long range attack, but decides that that wouldn't be fun. Instead, he goes on the defensive. Fighting her at close range is a risk, but it's one he's willing to take.

She jumps into the air, and performs a flying kick in his direction. She's several feet away, and should not be able to pull off a flying kick from that distance, according to the laws of physics. However, she doesn't seem to give a damn what physics has to say as she flies through the air towards her opponent.

He brings both of his arms together to form a metal shield. Her foot slams into it with enough force to send him staggering backwards, but he manages to keep his balance. She performs another flying kick at him. However, this time he sidesteps the attack, turns his fist into a mace, and hits her in the face.

The force of the blow sends her to the ground. Her face is now bloody and bruised. He raises his arm into the air, and turns his hand into a chainsaw. When he swings down, however, she catches the blade barehanded. Without hesitation, she punches a hole through his chest, killing him.

He falls to the ground, dead. But with a huge smile on his face. The girl manages to get to her feet, and starts to walk away.

Last edited by GenericSpider on Sat 28 May 2011, 1:11 am; edited 1 time in total
GenericSpider
GenericSpider

Back to top Go down

Post by ScorpionWins Wed 25 May 2011, 10:37 pm

The man stared down the creature before him. A dark outline with eyes was all it was, though it's frighteningly jagged red mouth made it look more sinister.

“Well, Sintos... you think that you're stronger than me? Silly little angel...”

“No. You're the personification of death itself, Reaps... I KNOW I'm stronger than you.”

White wings unfolded from Sintos' back, and he was upon Reaps in an instant. Punches and kicks flew faster than Death itself could follow, smashing the shadowy creature to bits. Darkness swelled up, however, and Reaps was once more whole.

Grinning like a madman, Reaps reached into his own mouth and retrieved a long, thin shadow. A curved blade suddenly extended from it, becoming a scythe. Reaps flew at Sintos, swinging wildly. He was countered by numerous blasts of light, which blew his body apart once more, though the scythe seemed to keep moving on its own. Sintos grabbed the weapon and chucked it as far as he could, laughing.

“Is that all you- GAHH!”

Reaps hellish teeth had sunk into Sintos' shoulder, and the shadowy creature began to chew. Sintos' appeared unharmed at first, but then his shoulder began to turn grey with dead tissue. He punched Reaps away, but the monster had already bitten off part of his soul.

“OMNOMNOM your soul!” Reaps grinned.

He immediately regretted those words, as Sintos was upon him once more. The angel summoned his sword to his hand in the same instant, and Reaps felt the fury of a thousand cuts. Reforming once more, Reaps' body began to shift in turmoil. Sintos' paused as the shadows became something more tangible, something REAL.

“You wouldn't hurt me, right big brother?”

Sintos' twin sister stared back at him. She seemed to be there in the flesh. And flesh there was – she was completely naked.

“...Sis, I...” His mind went blank a moment. Then,

“Hey, my tits are bigger than that! See?” Shouted a voice.

Enara was watching her twin brother from the sidelines. She now pulled down the top of her dress, revealing her shapely body.

“Yowza.” Said the fake Enara, mesmerized by the real Enara's beauty. She looked back at Sintos when she felt something pierce her stomach. Looking down, she saw Sintos' hand. He glared and twisted it in the imposter's stomach, causing Reaps to turn back into shadow, and then compress even further, the shadow becoming tangible again, this time in the shape of a skeleton – Reaps true form. Before he could utter 'shit' a sword stabbed through his skull. Reaps fell, and dissolved back into shadow.

Sintos turned back towards his sister, neither of them noticing the single glowing red eye watching them from Sintos' shadow.
ScorpionWins
ScorpionWins
Growing Demon

Back to top Go down

Post by Simply David Fri 03 Jun 2011, 10:11 am

Quick note for those who missed it when I said so in the chatbox:

I will instead be judging this next monday so that people have more time and because since the prize is doubled, the time limit should be doubled.

Everyone do your best!
Simply David
Simply David
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Simply David Wed 08 Jun 2011, 12:26 pm

Well, everyone did good. Kage, you went over the ten paragraph limit. However, since most are single sentence dialogue, I'm going to let it go for now. Don't let this happen again in future challenges, however.

Now, for the scoring!

Emo:
Connection: 3/5. All in all pretty good, the twist at the end was a pretty cool development, and it showed something that makes me want to read more of the story.
The Fight: 5/10. It was good, and a little dicey towards the end (in a good way). It kept me waiting for more but it didn't seem to focus much on the action. All in all a decent fight but not one that was super exciting as far as the action goes.
Description: 5/5. Perfect details, and in fact I've come to expect this from you. I can perfectly visualize every detail of the fight and surrounding scenery. Good job.
Total: 13/20.

Spidey:
Connection: 2/5. Not that great, and I found myself more curious about the other person than the person who's POV I'm getting, the general connection to the characters is lacking.
The Fight: 7/10. A decently done fight, interesting visualizations for how the fight progresses. The fight was fun in general, and kept me interested.
Description: 4/5. The opera house setting is interesting, and the general appearance of the scenery can be seen. The details are lacking in the characters and the area all around, however, but not too badly I suppose.
Total: 13/20.

Kage:
Connection: 4/5. I feel like the characters know each other, and the sister intro was hilarious. The connections aren't perfect, but you get a four.
The Fight: 8/10. Full of surprises and interesting turns, the fight kept me interested and was very well done.
Description: 3/5. YOU FAILED TO DESCRIBE THE BOOBS! *shot* ok but seriously, the only reason this isn't a one is because you described the characters well enough. The scenery is not mentioned at all, though the attacks described well enough I can see what's going on.
Breaking the limits: -1. Seriously, it wouldn't be fair if I didn't give you some kind of reduction at least. From now on I simply won't judge you. The amount you lost is based on how far over you went, and I combined a few of the dialogue sentences into a single paragraph in a couple places.
Total: 14/20

Looks like Kage won! Claim your prize, Kage! TRIPLE CLAIM~ two extra claims plus the one you'll make that day! or you can turn them in whenever.
Simply David
Simply David
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next