Random Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Creator 
Admins 

The War of Us

+6
Tom
Dr. Phazon
The Wicked Xen
RandomHyuuga
ScorpionWins
Simply David
10 posters

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

The War of Us Empty The War of Us

Post by Simply David Fri 08 Apr 2011, 6:11 pm

Basically, we have all had it with each other, and are fighting an all out war.

We're all super pissed off, but some of us are taking sides.

We all have even powers though we all claim to be the best.

Let the war begin.

--------

New Rule for funEDITED: If you die, you can be brought back after ten posts have been posted. You can change your stats in the mean time, and even your weapons and powers. Changing anything is optional of course.

Another new Rule for fun: When you die, if it was during battle, you come back with ONE extra point for spending. If you change your stats in any way, make sure they add up to 61 if it was your first time dying, 62 for your second time, etc. Hopefully this RP will survive long enough that everyone can reach 100!

New rule for fun and profit: If you beat someone, you get some of their Territory! Beat a lot of people, get a lot of Territory! Territories also can give you boosts in battle, and beyond that amassing the most Territory is the only way this RP will ever advance any semblance of a plot!

--------

Name: (what you wanna go by, use your most often used Nickname or whatever)
Appearance: (You can use your Avatar if you want)

Stats: (for a reference) (Spend 60 points)

Health:
Physical Attack Strength:
Physical Defense Strength:
Running Speed:
Agility: (stuff like flips and jumping off walls. Higher points here increases jump height)
Magical Defense: (Defense against any sort of Supernatural ability)

Weapons: (anything normal)
Special Weapon: (One Weapon that exceeds the Usual Rules) (For Example, A zanpakuto, or a mecha)
Special Power: (Within Reason, choose any special Power. I'll rule out based on a case-to-case basis what's allowed)

----

Territory System: Hello everyone, Phazon here. David and I were brainstorming for this RP and came up with what I like to call the Territory System. It's basically what's going to reward you for winning fights, and it also may serve as a shallow excuse of a plot device.

The way the Territory System works might be a little complex, but if you want to ignore it completely, you probably can. The basis of it is that if you defeat someone in battle, you take their Territory. And, if you are battling someone while in a Territory you control, it will have some form of effect on the battle, usually in the form of a stat boost for you!

The following is a list of the ways you can get Territory:

1) Everyone starts off with a piece of Territory of their choosing.
2) Entering a neutral piece of Territory allows you to claim that Territory as your own.
3) Defeating someone outside of a Territory they own will allow you to take one Territory from them, specifically whichever Territory they own that is closest to you when the fight is over.
4) Defeating someone inside a Territory they control allows you to take both that Territory and whichever other piece of Territory they control that is closest to you when the fight ends.

As you can see from the above list, you are risking a larger loss by fighting in your own Territory. However, you do have a reason for why you may want to fight within your Territory anyway, a home-turf advantage so to speak. This advantage comes in the form of Territory Bonuses, additional effects that will be applied when you fight in a Territory you control. Most often, this will come in the form of a stat boost applied directly to you. Some of the Territory Bonuses, however, will create a Battle Condition rather than give you a stat boost. Battle Conditions apply to everyone in the battle, not just you. Some are positive and some are negative.

Additionally, you can rename a Territory you control. When doing so, do it in the actual RP, not the site chatbox, to make sure David or I will see the change and can update everything accordingly. This spoiler contains a map of the city, divided into its Territories. Each Territory will be colored in to match the color of its owner, so as to make it easy to see who owns what. The colors are also listed inside.

Spoiler:

Now, on to the Territory Bonuses themselves. First, I'll explain how to understand what these boosts mean. For the stat boosting Territory Bonuses, it's easy to figure out how much of a boost you are getting. First of all, take the total number of Territories you control. Each boost has a percent and a stat listed with it. Take that percentage out of the number of Territories you control, and then add that new number to the corresponding stat.

For example, say you own 6 Territories. Which ones they are isn't important. If you are fighting in one of them, and it give a 100% Health Boost, then that means your get +6 to your Health stat, since 100% of 6 is 6. Likewise, if the Territory gives a 50% Health Boost and a 50% Attack Boost, then you get +3 Health and +3 Attack, because 50% of 6 is 3.

If the number of Territories you control cannot evenly be divided into the percents needed, then round them as appropriate. For example, if you control 9 Territories and you are fighting in an area you control that gives a 50% Health Boost, 25% Attack Boost, and 25% Speed Boost, then you get +5 Health and not +4.5 Health, because 4.5 rounds up. Likewise, you will get +2 in both Attack and Speed because 2.25 rounds down to 2, not up to 3. The exception to this rule is if rounding would yield a stat boost of 0. If this is the case, you get +1. You will always get a minimum of +1 from each boost your Territory gives, even if you control only that one Territory.

Additionally, everyone has a certain level of Health Regen, and which level they have is determined by how many Territories they control.

0-2 Territories: Health Regen 1 (Small cuts and bruises will heal over a short period.)
3-4 Territories: Health Regen 2 (Small cuts and bruises will heal very quickly.)
5-7 Territories: Health Regen 3 (Small cuts and bruises heal instantly, and more serious wounds can heal over time if you aren't in combat.)
8-10 Territories: Health Regen 4 (Small cuts and bruises heal instantly, and more serious wounds can heal slowly during combat.)
11+ Territories: Health Regen 5 (Same as Health Regen 4, but crippling injuries can also heal themselves if you aren't in combat.)

You only get the Territory Bonus of the Territory you are in, and only if you own that Territory (although Health Regen applies to everyone everywhere at all times). The exception are Battle Conditions, which are a different kind of Territory Bonus. They apply constantly to anyone in that Territory, regardless of who owns it. There are currently 8 Battle Conditions:

Flight - Anyone in this Territory can fly freely through the air.
Defensive Inversion - Anyone in this Territory has their Defense stat swapped for their Magic Defense stat.
Beligerent Land - Anyone in this Territory will find that the very Earth itself hates their guts. The land in this territory will attack everyone who enters it, regardless of who owns it. You control the land and say in your posts how it is attacking your opponent, but you may not use it defensively because your character isn't controlling it and the land wants your character dead, too.
Downtune - Anyone in this Territory will fell weakened. This is because they get -5 to all of their stats. A stat that would be lowered to less than 1 in this manner is lowered to 1 instead.
Peanuts Everywhere! - Anyone in this Territory will have their weapons turned into peanuts, thus forcing them to find a different way to fight. The weapons will respawn in your hands when you leave the Territory. Peanuts can be eaten for a small health boost.
Magic Off - Anyone in this Territory will find that their magic no longer works. This is a land of SCIENCE!

The last two Battle Conditions are Locked Key and Gateway, which are special and different from the others. Rather than affecting battle, they affect the very nature of the RP itself! By which I mean, they are the ultimate goal of all this fighting.

Gateway - This Territory is the entrance and exit of this city, which is locked shut via magic barrier and can't be opened. The barrier extends all around the city, including both above and below. However, the King/Queen of the city can remove the barrier from this location.
Locked Key - This Territory cannot be entered except by a person who controls 11 or more Territories. However, after such a person has entered and taken control of this Territory, it becomes open for all people to enter. The owner receives +10 to all stats. This becomes the site of a final battle royal with the everyone participating. No more respawning is allowed until it's all over. Last person standing becoming the owner of the Territory if they weren't already, and also the King/Queen of the city. The new King/Queen can then lead/kick everyone out of the city, and we move on to a bigger map where we fight over cities.

One last note on Territory bonuses is that you can be battling either in the middle of a Territory, or right on the edge of two Territories. If your are battling in the middle of a Territory, the Territory Bonus is applied as normal. If you are fighting on the border of one Territory and the next, however, things get a little more complex. First of all, both Territory Bonuses are applied. Stat boosts only go to the owner of the particular Territory that provides it, but both Territories' stat bonuses will be applied to their respective owner. Any Battle Conditions of either Territory will apply to the fight.

Fighting on the border of a Territory you own and a Territory your opponent owns is considered as fighting within your own Territory. This means that if you lose such a fight, the victor receives whichever of the two Territories belonged to you, and also the closest Territory you owned when the fight ended.

Listing of Territory Bonuses(David's note: I'll rename the territories here based on what they're named at the time, but in the character creator we'll keep a map of the original layout and names so that things don't get too confusing):

The Black Lands: 100% Agi Boost
Seat: 50% Health Boost, 50% Def Boost
Miyashita Park: Flight
Molco: 100% Health Boost
Towa Records: Peanuts Everywhere!
Miyashita Park Underpass: 50% Health Boost, 25% Spd Boost, 25% Agi Boost
Die Lorelei: +2 All Stats
Spain Hill: Defensive Inversion
Lightningtopia: 50% Agi Boost, 50% MDef Boost
Insanity District: 100% MDef Boost
The Doctor's Office: 50% Atk Boost, 25% Def Boost, 25% MDef Boost
Shibu Department Store: 100% Def Boost
AMX: 100% Spd Boost
Center Street Entrance: 50% Atk Boost, 50% Spd Boost
Bullet Hell District: Magic Off
Gales Reach: Beligerent Land
Statue of Hachiko: 50% MDef Boost, 25% Health Boost, 25% Agi Boost
Boom Town: 50% Spd Boost, 25% Atk Boost, 25% Def Boost
Sinful Pride District: 50% Health Boost, 50% Agi Boost
Station Underpass: 100% Atk Boost
Scramble Crossing: Downtune
Trail of the Sinner: Locked Key
Pork City: Gateway

Last edited by Simply David on Thu 05 May 2011, 12:22 pm; edited 13 times in total
Simply David
Simply David
Admin

Back to top Go down

The War of Us Empty David's Town

Post by Simply David Fri 08 Apr 2011, 6:17 pm

The location is a broken down city. It could be New York, Tokyo, any sort of large modern city.

It's massive, and the scenery is that of chaos. Windows and walls are shattered, cars lay empty in the streets. There are no people anywhere.

Well, there's at least one.

David walks the streets, holding his most trusted pistols in hand, keeping his eyes on everything everywhere and letting not even the tiniest dust particle escape his notice.

This town was his, and he didn't intend to let a single one of the others enter it and live.
Simply David
Simply David
Admin

Back to top Go down

The War of Us Empty It's mah LIGHTNIN' BLADE!

Post by ScorpionWins Sat 09 Apr 2011, 5:48 pm

Kage looked down from the building he was on at David's tiny form far below. Electricity crackled to life, forming an orb around him as he stepped off of the building, a platform of lightning carrying him down.

"Aw snap..." He said, drawing his sword, "It's mah LIGHTNIN' BLADE!" He shouted now, throwing the blade at David. The sword acted like a lightning rod, drawing in electrical power, hurtling towards David from a thousand feet in the air. Kage floated down gently after it.

Last edited by ScorpionWins on Sat 16 Apr 2011, 3:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
ScorpionWins
ScorpionWins
Growing Demon

Back to top Go down

The War of Us Empty Re: The War of Us

Post by Simply David Sun 10 Apr 2011, 9:48 pm

David heard the shouting, and looked up in time to see a bolt of lightning about to be thrown.

He shot both of his guns, one of which hit the bolt from the side and the other hitting it directly, cutting it off and causing it to not reach David.

David smirked as he pulled out a Shotgun and shot a shot that spread out before reaching Kage.

At the point where it would connect, all the pellets came together to hit the same spot creating a powerful impact.
Simply David
Simply David
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RandomHyuuga Tue 12 Apr 2011, 10:09 pm

Ran watched the fight from behind a building. She was hoping to stay hidden long enough to take on the winner. She glanced up at Kage.

'I hope he can't see me,' she thought as she quietly moved farther into the shadows.
RandomHyuuga
RandomHyuuga

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 13 Apr 2011, 12:02 pm

White observed from other shadow at the battle. He clenched his fist around hilt of his wazikashi.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 13 Apr 2011, 6:00 pm

A shadow loomed in front of Ran and a hand reached out to tap her on the shoulder. Cathy was there and she waved at Ran, holding Tranquility on the other hand. "Hey, Ran-pyon~ Watcha doing here?" she said before pulling her into a hug and basically smothering her with love. "Kyaaaaaaa~ You're so cute!"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 14 Apr 2011, 1:01 pm

White pulled his wazikashi out from it's sheath when he heard somebody talking nearby and giving out "Kyaaaa" noise. Carefully taking couple step's foward before stopping.

Back to top Go down

Post by ScorpionWins Fri 15 Apr 2011, 6:06 pm

Lightning lanced out to form a shield in front of Kage. By the time the bullets reached him they were fried into dust.

"Good show, David!" Kage called, "but CAN YOU STOP THIS?!"

Kage threw both his arms forward, palms out. "ELECTRIC BOOGALOO!" He shouted, as a perfect, flat rectangle of lightning burst from his palms, falling like a metal blanket upon the city below.
ScorpionWins
ScorpionWins
Growing Demon

Back to top Go down

Post by Simply David Fri 15 Apr 2011, 6:31 pm

(From now on, I shall refer to myself in the first person)

"Tch," I looked at it for less than a moment before deciding what to do. I'd already noticed White nearby.

"WHITE! USE YOUR RAILGUN NOW DAMMIT!" I shouted, dashing towards him at full speed while simultaneously putting away my shotgun. Unfortunately Kage was the worst possible opponent for me.
Simply David
Simply David
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Wicked Xen Sat 16 Apr 2011, 12:31 am

A shadow darted across the rubble-strewn ground, gliding over debris and chunks of cement before propping itself up against the side of a building, not too far from the inevitable battle going on but not too close to easily be detected by the others.

The shadow took on the familiar shape of a girl, though no details could be seen. The shadow moved its head from side to side, taking in its surroundings, before focusing on David, Kage, and the others that had gathered.

"Ooh, Davy looks like he's in trouble," Emo said to herself, her voice oddly distorted in her shadow form. "Will Whitey help him? If not, then maybe I'll send him some Devil's Snare..." She giggled evilly to herself, already anticipating the look on White's face when those vines start to crawl all over him.
The Wicked Xen
The Wicked Xen

Award : The Guide To All Things Yaoi

Back to top Go down

Post by RandomHyuuga Sat 16 Apr 2011, 2:30 am

"Oof!" Ran's eyes widened at the surprise hug. "Ah, hello Cathy," she said while patting her on the arm. She looked up at the sky and saw Kage's attack.

"Oh, crap.." She escaped from Cathy's hug and raised her arms into the air. She closed her eyes and clouds began to gather in the sky. She smiled and then ran back to Cathy.

"Hug?" she asked happily.
RandomHyuuga
RandomHyuuga

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 16 Apr 2011, 2:32 am

"Ah Shit!" I said as i took Railgun off my back aiming it at Kages attack. Railgun gave highpitch sound before the projectile shot from the Railgun. Destroying the Kages attack with its stopping power.

"Shit!" I said when i looked at Railguns rails which were melted from the shot, there was no way i would touch railguns rails while they were still hot to reload it, so i placed railgun on my back.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 16 Apr 2011, 9:20 am

"Eh, I say solve what's happening over here before we go all huggy huggy." she said while looking over at the fight happening in front of them. She started running forward quickly and pointing tranquility towards Kage. "Eyyy~~~" she said while jumping up in the air and coming down to spear Kage right in the head.

Back to top Go down

Post by Simply David Sat 16 Apr 2011, 12:28 pm

I gave White a sort of salute, "For that, you get to not be shot," I joked, running past him at great speeds.

I briefly considered attacking Ran-Chan, but something made me think twice about that. I sighed.

I jumped off of walls and ended up on top of the buildings. I wouldn't leave myself open like that again. I jumped across a few buildings away from the fight, and dropped down into a window.

I was inside of a hospital. A big generic looking hospital. I ran throughout the building, looking for a good sniping position from which to take out everyone...
Simply David
Simply David
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ScorpionWins Sat 16 Apr 2011, 1:49 pm

Kage scoffed.

"Such a foolish weapon!" He swung his arm, and lightning burst towards White in a white-hot bolt. At the same time, lightning arced above him to halt the spear aimed at his head. "And as for you, you really shouldn't attack me. Ever." Lightning exploded outwards at Cathy.

Last edited by ScorpionWins on Sat 16 Apr 2011, 3:07 pm; edited 3 times in total
ScorpionWins
ScorpionWins
Growing Demon

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 16 Apr 2011, 2:04 pm

White grunted teleporting out of way leaving black smoke afterimage out of Kage lightning bolts way. Near one of the pillars and quickly moving behind it. pulling Wazikashi out from sheat taking deep breath while leaning against pillar in shadows. "hell....." White muttered leaning head back, staying behind the cover.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 16 Apr 2011, 4:23 pm

Cathy's eyes seemed to darken as she got surrounded by some strange aura as she quickly transformed Tranquility into its shotgun mode and fired to propel herself away from the attack. She landed right behind Kage and pointed the gun straight at the back of his head. "Ara...? You say that I shouldn't attack you?" she said before chuckling. "But I guess... this is checkmate, huh?"

Back to top Go down

Post by ScorpionWins Sat 16 Apr 2011, 4:49 pm

"Checkmate? Perhaps... for you." Kage pointed at Cathy. "BEGONE!" A Bolt of lightning fired directly at her out of his finger.
ScorpionWins
ScorpionWins
Growing Demon

Back to top Go down

Post by Simply David Sat 16 Apr 2011, 5:03 pm

I set up a sniping point form a window. Along the way to the hospital I had set up mirrors and reflective surfaces as well as items that would deflect bullets. I'd be able to snipe multiple locations from here...

I looked through the scope.
Simply David
Simply David
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Wicked Xen Sun 17 Apr 2011, 1:15 am

Beneath David's feet, his shadow began to distort until it took on the shape of a girl that he was quite familiar with. Emo giggled again, catching the other boy's attention, and she waved her hand in greeting.

"Hi Davy, I see you're very prepared," she said, flipping her shadowy hair over her shoulder. "And everyone's going all out! Oooh, this is so much fun!"
The Wicked Xen
The Wicked Xen

Back to top Go down

Post by Simply David Sun 17 Apr 2011, 1:21 am

I looked at her a little suspicious, but couldn't help but laugh with her, "Yeah, it's pretty fun huh?"

"Yeah, things are quite interesting..." I looked back through the scope on my Sniper Rifle, seeing Kage throw lightning at Cathy. "I wonder what will happen next,"
Simply David
Simply David
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 17 Apr 2011, 11:17 am

"Heh..." Cathy got on one knee and quickly ducked down to avoid the lightning blast. She then put one of her hands into a fist. "CHECKMATE!" she shouted as she clenched her fist and drove upwards, using her full strength to perform an uppercut to Kage's private place between his legs.

Back to top Go down

Post by ScorpionWins Sun 17 Apr 2011, 11:28 am

Kage's eyes widened in horror as he saw Cathy's fist come up, seemingly in slow motion. He did the only thing he could. He caused a massive explosion of lightning in front of himself, which blasted him far, far away.

"I'm blasting off agaaaaain!~" He shouted.

DING!
ScorpionWins
ScorpionWins
Growing Demon

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 17 Apr 2011, 4:25 pm

White observed from behind the cover the battle which was going on between Cathy and Kage, "unbelivable... how this could have happened.... Damn this war." White muttered annoyed, clenching swords hilt. He knew David could still be somewhere nearby but he just had to take the chance to run and lure David reveal his shooting position which would make it easier to avoid. Peeking out from Covers shadow.

Back to top Go down

Post by RandomHyuuga Sun 17 Apr 2011, 9:19 pm

Ran dropped her arms. "Oh.."

She sighed and looked around. "Ohh, Ghostie's flying away!" She followed him with her eyes before he disappeared from her sight. "Hmm.." She glanced around again and her gaze landed on a hospital. "Oh, I wonder if there are any sick people in there. I want to cheer them up." She quickly ran into the building.
RandomHyuuga
RandomHyuuga

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 21 Apr 2011, 11:37 am

"Wha the...?" White noticed Ran running into nearby hospital and he decided to find out what she was up to and ran out from his cover headibg at entrance of hospital in attemp to follow.

Back to top Go down

Post by Simply David Thu 21 Apr 2011, 11:44 am

"Haha, nice Cathy, you got Kage to blast away.... too bad you vanished though, taken completely out of the competition, you would have been perfect for finishing him off," I sighed a bit.

I then aimed my sniper rifle down at the street, "Well, Ran-Chan or White... well, Weather and bazookas won't be very useful in these hallways..."

I then proceeded to snipe a shot at White, which because I used bending abilities, it came at him from behind.
Simply David
Simply David
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Wicked Xen Fri 22 Apr 2011, 1:04 am

Emo, thinking it was a good idea, latched onto the bullet's shadow and she found herself flying through the air at high speed. When White came into sight, she let go and latched onto White's shadow instead.
The Wicked Xen
The Wicked Xen

Back to top Go down

Post by ScorpionWins Fri 22 Apr 2011, 1:11 am

Kage landed a ways away from the spot where he had fought Cathy. Grinning as he looked up, he stretched his muscles, hearing a pop or two as he cracked his joints.

"Well, that was a brilliant escape plan... but now I don't have my sword. I shall retrieve it!" He said, and ran back towards where he came. He gathered electricity in his heels and sprung up, unleashing the power to force himself upward. He created a rail of electricity below, and balanced on it easily (due to static cling), riding it to his destination.

When he reached his sword, he blasted it back into his hand with a lightning bolt, before raising it to the heavens. "Accepting all challengers! C'mon!" He roared.
ScorpionWins
ScorpionWins
Growing Demon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum