I forgot my password

Creator 
Admins 

Medieval, Kingdoms of Ardania and Derangia - Repowered

Page 8 of 16 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 12 ... 16  Next

Go down

Re: Medieval, Kingdoms of Ardania and Derangia - Repowered

Post by NazrinTsunMouse on Sun 15 Jul 2012, 2:33 am

Oh, this was unexpected. He did not suspect his lie to lead to such an interesting development. While he was well aware of the dangers of bringing her along... she was quite a cute girl. He would not mind the company of a girl that wasn't as off limits as the princess. Moreover, she seemed eager to be coming along. It wouldn't do to disappoint her.

"What a wonderful suggestion, Princess. Your generosity never ceases to amaze, but we must make haste if we want to catch up to the others," Claude then went back over to the horse and easily climbed on top of it. He trotted it back over to the two girls and held a hand out to Sofi, "You'll be riding with me, mon cherie."

----

Lyra straightened up after looting what she could off the bandit she knocked out. Wasn't like he'd need those coins. She was a far more charitable cause. Of course, the dwarf's praise of the others didn't escape her ears. She felt a small pang in the pit of her stomach. Being excluded was never a nice feeling, but she'd never let the others know that.

"Ahem," She cleared her throat to get their attention, hiding any disappointment she might have felt at not being acknowledged, "What are we going to do now? I've lost my horse in the tussle." She seemed to be ignoring the two living bandits. They were inconsequential. One elven spell and they would sent flying into the air. Though, she would rather save her magical energy for something harder to kill then these mooks. That was why she didn't waste too much with that other bandit.

Award : Best Admin Ever.... Right?

View user profile http://randomroleplay.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Molly on Sun 15 Jul 2012, 10:15 am

"Ah. Yes. I've been.. practicing to be able to use a weapon of this size, so it comes pretty easily to me now." Alice talked as she nonchalantly tied the two bandits hands together behind their backs as they surrendered, making sure the roped chafed just a touch. Shen then wrapped the roped around their arms and bodies, pinning them to their backs.

It was a good thing they weren't far from the checkpoint. About to take the two back there, Alice turned to face Lyra as she spoke. Despite the elf's attempt to hide it, Alice herself was very well acquainted with feelings of disappointment and trying to swallow down such feelings. She'd felt it before when she was unable to stop Gawain, and at points scattered about in her life.

"Hm, I suppose you'll be riding with me then. Unless you'd rather ride with Lily or Valery. I'm sure the latter wouldn't mind riding along with your arms around her waist." Lily's joking attitude was starting to rub off on her the more she was with her outside of the castle. "Regardless of who you ride with, we at least know you can fight well now, so you'll have their back, yes?"

Alice smiled at Lyra in a genuine manner, trying to show her that she was, indeed, paying her a compliment. "I'll return shortly, I'm going to take these two back to the checkpoint." Practically dragging the men behind her, she headed back towards the checkpoint.

Last edited by Molly on Sun 15 Jul 2012, 8:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Molly
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by GenericSpider on Sun 15 Jul 2012, 12:33 pm

At that point, Lily returned from the woods; she was smiling again as if the whole thing hadn't happened.

"So, as I was about to say before we were rudely interrupted..." she said, kicking one of the dead bandits. "...elves are usually stereotyped as either tree huggers; or sadistic little pranksters that harrass innocent travellers,"

--

Go Team Godzilla
GenericSpider

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Simply David on Sun 15 Jul 2012, 7:27 pm

Valery made a face at Alice for what she had said about her, but was also visibly blushing about it, "A-anyway, you go do that," she said to the maid and turned back towards her horse. She was half contemplating making her way back up the thing, and half wondering if she should allow Lyra to ride with her. Wait why was she considering that anyway? She shook her head and made her way back to the horse.

---------------

"Very good!" Candy was glad they didn't even fight her idea. To her, that just proved the power of their love! They'd face any danger, and do so together! The thought had her making an odd face all the way back to her horse. She was very happy about this development, actually. Even if they weren't really facing anything dangerous, as far as she knew.

Candy also had to make a mental note that Claude had a sweetheart. All that flirting he does and he's going steady, huh? She giggled, wondering what she thought of her flirtatious boyfriend...

She hopped up on the horse, and readied herself near the gate, "Ok Claude, lead the way!" She said, letting him go first to show her this shortcut of his.

Have you seen this girl's bear Tibbers?
Simply David
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Molly on Sun 15 Jul 2012, 7:52 pm

Wow. The princess really was the gullible sort, wasn't she? She hoped no one with any ill intents got their hands or her, or it'd end badly. For now, though, it worked in Sofi's favor. "Thank you very much for this, princess! It makes me feel so much better that I'll be able to help make sure you and my.. dear Claude are safe."

Picking up her dog and putting the now-shrunken flaming animal on her shoulder, she reached up and grabbed a hold of Claude's hand, getting on the back of the horse. Her cheeks reddened a bit as she put her arms around Claude's waist, but she was far too excited about the trip to worry about something small like this too much.
Molly
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by GenericSpider on Sun 15 Jul 2012, 8:57 pm

Polly blushed once again as Marlene continued to flirt with her. Not only did it seemingly cause her brain to shut down; but it made her worry that Marlene might attempt to take things a bit farther than flirting. And BOY was she in for a surprise if that happened.

"T-there's no need for you to ride behind me! I'm sure I can find you a horse!" said Polly, before remembering something rather important. "...or I would, if you were going, but you're not going! At all!"

She took a deep breathe, and attempted to regain her composure, before continuing.

"As a knight of Ardania and guardian of it's citizens; I would never dare think of putting one of this great nations good-looking people in a potentially dangerous situation," she said.

Go Team Godzilla
GenericSpider

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by NazrinTsunMouse on Sun 15 Jul 2012, 9:44 pm

"O-of course, I have their back," Lyra felt her cheeks burn at the sudden compliment. The maid was being nice to her even after everything she had done? Wait, why was she even blushing. The elf quickly turned away to hide her embarrassment. Stupid maid surprising her like that. She wasn't so sure she was keen on riding with the maid now. The jester or dwarf would be preferable...

She glanced at the dwarven girl. She had to admit, for a dwarf she was pretty good. And she wasn't as ugly as her people made them out to be. Gah, what was she thinking about now?! She was having an off day. A way off day. She decided to place her attention on something else. Anything else. It was mere convenience that the Jester continued to speak then.

"That is a terrible stereotype," She commented, "I would never settle for just travelers."

----

After some time, Claude had just led his horse into the entrance of the forest. By now, he and the princess had just enough distance that he could talk privately with the girl clinging to him. Something he couldn't help but note felt nice. It had been such a long time since he took a girl horseback riding. He would make note to do this more often, but for now something more important had occurred to him, "Mon cherie, if we are to keep fooling the princess, I believe it would be a good idea to give me your name. If you do not mind."

----

Whilst Alice dragged along her captives, Milano watched patiently from the trees. Oh how she wanted so much to have helped Alice in that fight. It was terrible what those men wanted to do to her. And as much as it endeared her that Alice would spare their lives, Milano could not allow those two to live. Not only because of what they would have done, but because she recognized them. They weren't just any group of bandits. They were frequently hired by her kingdom to do their dirty work. If those thugs were somehow linked to them, it could jeopardize everything. So Milano prepared the poison tipped darts. She didn't want to expose Alice to any more blood shed, so she chose the quickest and cleanest way possible to kill the men. She made sure her aim was perfect and it hit each man in the neck, killing them almost instantly.

Back to top Go down

Post by Molly on Sun 15 Jul 2012, 11:25 pm

Marlene looked downright offended. Sure, the knight had called her good-looking, but to so overtly doubt her abilities like that was downright rude. Well fine, if they were going to play like that, Polly would be on the receiving end of a cold shoulder from now on!

Huffing, Marlene turned her attention back to James, batting her eyelashes at him in a mildly flirtatious manner. "Good sir, you would allow me you accompany you, yes? I promise that if it gets too dangerous, I will flee, but I would like to be able to assist the princess, if at all possible."

Walking over to him, she touched his arm, looking up at him with a hopeful expression on her face.

--------------------------------------

Alice was about halfway back to the encampment when she suddenly felt the rope go taut, the two men no longer following her. "I know you're not looking forward to meeting soldiers, but you don't really have a ch-" Alice stopped with a sharp, strangled intake of air as she looked behind her. Both man were face-down on the ground, and clearly not breathing.

"W-What?!" Crouching down, she checked their pulses, then noticed the darts in their necks. An assassin? She wasn't sure. Whoever it was, they were a good shot and might still be around. Unarmed, Alice knew she could take them if they showed themselves, but right now they had the advantage. "Damn cowards.."

Noting that she was not, herself, dead, she guessed the target was not her, and she was most likely safe for now. Trying to calm back down, she shakily moved the men off the road into the brush, so no unwary traveler would come across two dead bodies in the middle of the road. As she stepped back out, she scanned the trees for any movement, before turning tail and running back to the group.

Sprinting, she made it back to Lyra and the others quickly, breathing hard and still shaking upon her arrival. "We need to keep moving. Now. Don't ask, just get on a horse and let's go." Once everyone was situated once again, Alice would move behind them, now staying at the back of the group as they rode. "Damn forest.."

-------------------------------------------

Sofi steadily relaxed as they rode into the forest, completely going by the checkpoint that the others had gone though. She sat up straight and relaxed her arms, though she still kept them loosely wrapped around Claude's waist. She'd actually never ridden a horse before, especially not with anyone else, but it was surprisingly relaxing. As Claude spoke, Sofi chuckled a bit. "Ah, right. That's a little important. I'm Sofia Clarke. I prefer Sofi."
Molly
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Simply David on Mon 16 Jul 2012, 1:21 am

Valery snorted at Lyra's response before mounting her horse with a great deal of difficulty. Of course elves harassed people, it's part of their nature, "Hah, much as Elves like to get into peoples' business, I'm surprised this is the first one you've spoken with!" She laughed at her own joke, before adjusting her seat and then messing with the reigns. Stupid horse and needing to ride it because it's supposed to be faster...

Then Alice showed up and everyone was suddenly in a rush, "Oi, fine. Elf! Get up here right quick, that jester hasn't even mounted up yet," she reached out her hand, momentarily wondering why it was so easy to suggest riding with an elf. She didn't think too much on that though. Thinking too much gets people in trouble after all, and Valery knew better than to do that.

---------

Candy looked up to Claude and Sofi, deciding to keep the distance without interrupting them. She giggled a bit and thought of how cute it was how they whispered to each other like that, with her clinging on carefully. Even if they weren't that much younger than her, it was just so adorable. Love was truly a wonderful thing in Candy's mind, and she briefly wondered when her knight in shining armor would sweep her off her feet. Thoughts of Alice being her "special knight" made her giggle again.

As they entered the forest, Candy was surprised that there was a path like this that horses could travel that wasn't being watched. Claude really knew his stuff to find this place.

Simply David
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by GenericSpider on Mon 16 Jul 2012, 4:22 pm

As if on cue, Lily gracefully flipped towards the horse, and did a handstand on it's back, before landing in the saddle. She then turned to Alice.

"You sure took those men back to the checkpoint quickly," she said. "Did you by chance just spin around really quickly and toss them all the way there?"

Go Team Godzilla
GenericSpider

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by NazrinTsunMouse on Mon 16 Jul 2012, 11:36 pm

Lyra rolled her eyes at Valery's so called joke. Honestly, the dwarf had a terrible sense of humor. It was then that the maid came running back, looking as if she had seen a ghost. Lyra had never seen a human that acted so skittish. She was pretty sure the maid was alot scarier looking than anything in this forest.

It seemed Alice had forgotten her offer to let Lyra ride with her. For the better really, Lyra could just use her magic to kee- Damnit, why did the dwarf had to go and make that offer. Why was she even making it? She thought she hated her.

"Fine," Lyra muttered, climbing the horse, or at least trying to. She was still at a bit of a height disadvantage.

----

Milano continued to watch them from the trees. She hadn't expected Alice to act that poorly to the dead men. Though, maybe she should have. It had already been apparent Alice was way out of her element.

----

"Sofi.... that is a lovely name, mon cherie," Claude complimented easily. It wasn't a lie either. He really did think it was a nice name.

As they went further into the forest, the boy went a bit on the alert. Though, he made sure none of the girls would notice. He knew very well how dangerous it would be to travel these roads. Especially with just two women and a boy. They would be easy pickings for some bandits.

It was pure bad luck that at that moment, a group of men stepped out of the bushes.

"Well look what we have here, men," One of them said, sneering at Claude and the girls. It was apparent this guy was the leader.

Back to top Go down

Post by Molly on Tue 17 Jul 2012, 8:52 am

Alice only let the group slow back down after a good minute or two of fast-paced galloping, during which Alice had looked over her shoulder a few times. She let out a sigh and tried to relax. "It doesn't look like they followed.. or at least they don't mean us any harm.. good.."

Looking back at the rest of the group, she slowed down enough to ride next to Lily. "No. They were killed by someone firing poison darts before I could even reach the checkpoint. For some reason, the shooter only hit them and spared me, but I still didn't want us to loiter around that area, just in case."

As Alice tried to make herself look more relaxed on the outside, on the inside her heart was hammering against her chest. Nothing worried her more than assassins. She could take on just about anyone headfirst, but assassins liked to work from where they couldn't be seen, rendering her powerless except as a meat shield.

Thank goodness the princess was safe back in the castle. That dart-shooter could've easily been after her in a place like this.

---------------------------------------

Sofi blushed a bit at the compliment. Oh, so this guy was a smooth-talker, huh? Cute. She wasn't really here for this kind of thing, but it was nice enough anyway.

She felt Claude sit up a bit straighter, but guessed that he was just adjusting himself in his seat, and was generally relaxed as she looked around, enjoying the flowers and greenery that could be seen due to the faint rays of sunlight from above.

And then a scruffy-looking gentleman stepped out of the brush and she was instantly fearful, while Cerbi, who was larger and walking alongside the horse, growled menacingly at the men. Bandits. Sofi clung tighter to Claude, but tried not to show her fear. Sure, she had magic but.. she was still a kid.
Molly
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Simply David on Tue 17 Jul 2012, 2:27 pm

Valery adjusted herself so Lyra could get on without knocking her off, "Stupid bandits, gotta wonder how that horse is doing too..." and then there was the fact that the horse was going faster now than it had been the whole trip. Well this wasn't what Valery would call fun, and she assumed Lyra felt the same.

Valery was very aware of Lyra bouncing behind her. This annoyed her even more than anything else yet! By the time the horse had slowed down, her face was red with anger, but she didn't say anything. Saying something insulting to an elf at your back? Clear bad idea.

As they finally did slow down, and Alice explained what had happened, Valery showed clear disgust with such tactics, "Stupid assassins, with their stupid poison and stupid killing people that were probably going to be executed anyway..." Though she started out her sentence loudly, she ended up grumbling irritably. She clearly didn't like tactics that involved poison and stealth.

---

Candy stopped short at the sight of the man, "Oh, I've heard of bandits..." She said, frowning. Now what is she supposed to do? Can't really expect her shields to beat them up properly. Therefore, they should run. They were on horse back, so surely they could get aw-

Suddenly there was an extremely loud bang and a lot of smoke. The horses the three were on reared back, throwing off their riders before dashing off. The horses didn't get away, though, as they became ensnared in a trap set by the bandits. The bandits laughed loudly at the trouble they had caused these little ladies, but they were weary of getting close due to the growling beast with them, "Oi! Somebody get that mutt!" shouted the leader. A man dashed forward with a goofy laugh as he reared back his axe to attack it.

There appears to only be about five of them, but they were on all sides. Were they expecting someone to come?, thought Candy, thoroughly afraid that her status as princess was more trouble than she thought out here. Maybe she could reason with them? It's not like they'd get away with kidnapping her...

Simply David
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by NazrinTsunMouse on Tue 17 Jul 2012, 7:04 pm

Lyra felt her face heat up once again as she rode behind the dwarf. They were going way too fast and her arms tightened as she squeezed her eyes shut. She had to be running a fever. There was no reason she was blushing because of some dumb dwarf. Especially one that was really uncute... but then again she did admit before that the dwarf wasn't that bad looking. Gaaaaaah, she was confusing herself. Her brain was way too fuddled to think properly.

It was a great sigh of relief once they finally stopped. Stupid scaredy cat maid, "Is that what you were frightened of? It was probably some elf looking for payback. Bandits love kidnapping our kind and selling them into the slave markets." Lyra nearly spat in disgust at the memory. She's had clansmen taken by those thugs before and every time her and the rest of the clan would fight tooth and nail to get them back.

----

Claude landed on the ground with an 'umph'. But he didn't stay there for long. He scrambled back up to stand in front of Sofi and Candy, making sure he was between them and the bandits. His eyes narrowed at them, he just despised violent ruffians like them. The bandits had noticed this and gave a sinister grin, chuckling at something that no one else found funny.

"Look at this boys, the little hero is gonna try and protect these damsels in distress," The one who had spoken stepped forward, "Comeon little man, show me what you got."

Claude lowered his head which the bandit took as an admittance of defeat. However, under his breathe, the boy spoke words of magic, "Make them see what cannot be, flames that leap to ma- umph.." Before he could finish the spell, large hands covered his mouth.

"Tried to pull a fast one on us, eh? I know a spell when I see it, boy," The bandit kept a tight grip on Claude, keeping his mouth covered, "We ought to sell this one to Derengia. They're always looking for young, healthy boys for their armies. They should pay extra for a little magician."

Back to top Go down

Post by GenericSpider on Tue 17 Jul 2012, 10:05 pm

Lily frowned again upon hearing Alice. It upset her that someone had been following them and she hadn't even noticed. Either this person was a really skilled hunter, or her...non-humor related skills had become rusty from lack of use.

However, her moment of worry and self-doubt quickly evaporated when she noticed how utterly cute the dwarf and elf were acting. She put on a big smile and turned to them.

"Oh Valery, you should be careful. I've heard elven women can get you pregnant," she said.

She then paused, giving Valery time to react, before continuing.

"...but only if you're sleeping with them," she finished.

Go Team Godzilla
GenericSpider

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Molly on Tue 17 Jul 2012, 10:21 pm

"I don't care who it was. I don't trust assassins and the like." Alice frowned as she looked back against, staring hard at the trees. They were one of the few things she was actually scared of. Assassins.. and this whole damn forest. "Even if they deserved it, they surrendered. it's just.. distasteful." Still, if people like them were selling Lyra's people to slave markets.. it did make her feel less guilty that they had been swiftly and permanently taken care of.

More than any of that, though, Alice was uneasy because if that assassin was an enemy.. they could've very well killed her without her even being prepared for it. No chance to fight back. She'd never see her friends again, or the princess.. she tried to shake it off as a cold chill ran down her spine. This place was making her feel ill.

Trying to relax, she reached in her pack and pulled out a book called 'The Basic Culture of the Elven People', turning to the section on things like visual cues and body language. She chuckled at the jokes being made behind her before starting to read. Perhaps there would be a section on Elf/Dwarf relationships after this one.

--------------------------------------------

Sofi also hit the ground with a thud, pushing herself up as Claude stood in front of her. She stepped back next to the princess, standing in front of her with Cerbi next to her. As a bandit grabbed Claude, she gasped in fear, worried about her new friend's life.

"You get your filthy hands off of him! Cerbi! Burn him!" Reaching into her pocket, she tossed a rune to her dog, who ate it and grew slightly bigger and more viscous looking. Letting out a howl, he leaped at the man holding Claude and knocked him away, before breathing fire and toasting him like a marshmallow.

The hellhound snarled as he stood inf front of Claude, over the blackened corpse of the bandit. If his master wanted him to protect this boy, then he'd do it without hesitation.
Molly
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Simply David on Wed 18 Jul 2012, 12:29 am

Valery's reaction to Lily was instant. The thought that Lyra touching her might impregnate her just because she was feeling a bit hotheaded made her try to get as far away from Lyra as possible, but Lyra was reacting as well and Valery ended up falling right off the horse and onto the soft plantlife of the forest below. Not that she had time to admire her luck that the ground wasn't hard OR muddy, since Lyra fell right on top of her as soon as she hit.

"WH-WH-GETOFFAMEYOUBABYMAKINGELF!" Valery shouted obscenely, and attempted to escape out from under her but she was so freaked out that she completely forgot the most basic rules of how to escape from under someone. So Valery was stuck under Lyra, trying to get out, but instead was accidentally rubbing against her and, to an onlooker, it almost looked as if she were hugging her. The effect was unintentional, but effective, as it kept Lyra from getting off.

After a couple moments of this, the Jester threw in the rest of her statement and Valery went still. Utterly embarrassed, she didn't even know how to react.

-----------

One of the bandits managed to surprise Sofia, grabbing her by her shoulder and holding a knife roughly to her neck, "Yeh'd best call off that mutt, love," He whispered loudly into her ear, "'Less you like walking 'round without a head,"

Candy had been about to use a spell to push the bandit off of Sofia but one of the other bandits kicked down and then held a crossbow pointed at Claude and said, "Best not, kiddie, or else yer friend here will be breathin' through a third nose hole,"

"What's with the magic in this group? Think they work fer the queen?" One of the other bandits commented.

Simply David
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by NazrinTsunMouse on Wed 18 Jul 2012, 9:05 pm

"Dunno," Another bandit answered, "But they pay a mighty fine price fer magic users."

Claude stared up at the crossbow pointed at him. His nails dug into his hand as he tightened his fist. So useless, why couldn't he do anything? Why didn't he bother to learn combat spells? No, it was because he hated fighting. But he had no way of protecting the girls. It just made him so very useless.... If only something could happen to change this terrible situation.

It was at that moment Claude's prayer was answered.

The bandit leader let out a strangled sound as he felt a cold, sharp blade press against his neck. He went stiff, fear apparent on his features.

"Call off your men," Lance said in a loud voice that showed he meant business, "Or I'll paint this road a nice shade of blood red."

----

"What nonsense are you spewing now, Jes-" Lyra began to retort but was sent falling off the horse by the dwarf's reaction. Her face went aflame as she landed right on top of the dwarf. With Valery only making it worse by rubbing against her.

When the dwarf finally stopped her panicking, Lyra was still silent and still very red. All she could manage was to sit up, away from the dwarf. One would have expected her to remark in someway on the dwarf's idiocy or maybe yell at her a bit. But she didn't. She was just in stunned silence. When she finally found her voice, it was to make a hasty excuse to leave, "I-I'm gonna go look for somewhere to set up camp."

With that, she was gone in a flash. Not bothering to look back at the dwarf who had caused this befuddled embarrassment.

Back to top Go down

Post by Molly on Wed 18 Jul 2012, 9:32 pm

Sofi's eyes went wide as she was suddenly grabbed, and it was almost like all the fight had been drained out of her. "C-C-Cerbi.. don't.. don't attack a-anymore.." She gulped, making her throat rub against the knife somewhat, and she tried not to flinch at the feeling. It felt like her entire body was shaking.

She really should've just stayed at home.

Cerbi looked conflicted by this order, but obeyed, just sort of standing there and snarling at the men, but not making a move otherwise. It was also clear the dog was starting to shrink again, having used up the magic power of the runes to blast the first man with a swath of flames.

She was near the state of utter panic when suddenly a man stepped out of the forest and pressed a blade against the leader's neck. It was too early to be relieved.. but at least they had some help now, from someone who appeared to be an actual swordsman.

She was tempted to tell Cerbi to start attacking again, but the man behind her could easily slit her throat still, so for now she waited.

------------------------------------------------------

So much for her book. Alice had been distracted from it quite well the moment she heard the dwarf's reaction, turning to look just as the two landed in a pile next to the horse. She couldn't help but blush a bit at the.. suggestive manner.. in which they struggled on the ground. Just.. wow. Alice shook her head, trying to rid herself of the images that popped into her mind.

Watching as Lyra ran off, she sighed and jumped off her horse. She has a point, we're almost out of the forest and we have a long day ahead of us tomorrow, we better set up camp. Pulling her horse along, she walked over and helped the poor red-in-the-face dwarf to her feet. "I'll go after her, you stay here and.. cool off for a minute."

Alice held back a chuckle as she walked past Lily, shaking her head in mock disappointment. "Really, Lily. Just inappropriate." With that, she started off after the elf, walking slowly, and loudly, so she wouldn't startle her to catch up with her too quickly, giving her a chance to calm herself back down.
Molly
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by GenericSpider on Thu 19 Jul 2012, 11:41 am

"Inappropriate humor is my specialty," said Lily, just as Alice was leaving.

Lily, then turned to Valery, and smiled. It didn't really bother her that she'd been left alone with someone that was probably upset with her. After all, now was a prime time to tease the dwarf even further.

"You sure work quickly," she said. "I didn't expect you to be so forward with the elf girl,"

Go Team Godzilla
GenericSpider

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Simply David on Thu 19 Jul 2012, 1:13 pm

Valery stayed quiet on the ground after Alice had left. She wasn't sure what she was supposed to do at this point, her anger flowing off of her in waves. Of course, the Jester just had to make a comment, "Dammit youuuuu!" She shouted and ran straight at the Jester, her fists raised, fully intending on beating her to a pulp.

--

The bandit leader's eyes widened greatly, "O-oi, don't think you'll get away with this," he commented, before glaring at his people. They looked at each other before putting away their weapons and backing off.

"So what are yeh gonna do wit' us?" The bandit leader asked, his weapon on the ground now.

Simply David
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by NazrinTsunMouse on Thu 19 Jul 2012, 4:37 pm

"Tch, you're not my problem," Lance stated bluntly. Though honestly, he probably would have said differently if the woman and children were not here. He'd rather not shed too much blood in front of them, "Just get out of here, unless you want to make it my problem."

He took his blade off the man's neck and grabbed him by the scruff to push him toward his comrades, "Now go before I change my mind."

Claude took this chance to stand and go to the girls' side, concern written on his face, "Are you two okay? They did not hurt you, did they?"

----

Lyra trudged through the forest, paying no mind to whoever was following her. She was too busy lost in her own thoughts. She was supposed to hate that stupid dwarf. So why did she get so embarrassed back there? Why had she been blushing before when they were riding horse back together?
Gah, it was just so very confusing. It made her want to pull her hair out. Stupid dwarf messing with her head. Now she wasn't sure what to think anymore.

Back to top Go down

Post by Molly on Thu 19 Jul 2012, 4:50 pm

Alice followed the elf as a respectable distance, though she was sure that Lyra was aware she was following her by now. She seemed to be very upset at her reaction to the dwarf's advantages, by the way she was trudging around through the woods like that.Could she really have feelings for the dwarf? Well, it wouldn't be the first time she'd heard of love in strange places.

Shaking off the feelings that those thoughts had stirred, she pulled her horse along as she caught back up to the elf, lightly tapping her shoulder in case she needed to be stirred out of her thoughts.

"Lady Lyra, have you found an appropriate place to camp? I'm a bit out of my element, so I'll need your advice." While it was true, Alice didn't normally like showing any weakness, but Lyra seemed like she needed to get her mind on something else.

------------------------------------------------------

Sofi felt the knife leave her neck as the bandits scrambled over to their leader and away from Lance. Knees shaking, she slid to the ground, not sure how to react for a good moment. Then, relief washed over her. She wasn't dead. That man, whoever he was, had saved them!

As Claude came over, tears that she had been holding back welled up, and she grabbed onto him, hugging him tight and sobbing. While she usually prided herself on being tough.. she could've just died or.. worse.

The crying was only really bad for a couple of moments before she stifled her sobs, looking over at Lance. "Y-You saved us.. t-thank you!"
Molly
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by GenericSpider on Thu 19 Jul 2012, 4:59 pm

Lily sighed as the dwarf ran towards her. Really, she'd hoped the dwarf would settle for yelling insults at her; but she supposed that that was unlikely afterall. However, she did not plan on hurting the dwarf if she could help it. She decided that, to calm the dwarf down, she would have to humiliate her farther.

And so, right before the punch would have connected with her face, she stepped to the side, turned around, and slapped Valery on the ass as hard as she possibly could.

She then got into a fighting stance, in case the dwarf required further punishment.

Go Team Godzilla
GenericSpider

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Simply David on Thu 19 Jul 2012, 5:25 pm

Candy had been breathing heavily. Useless... useless. She was a princess, this trip was her idea... she was useless. She'd ended up bringing these two with her and now look at the trouble she'd caused them. What was even going to happen to them all?

But then her prayers were answered in a glorious instant, as a man came in and saved the three of them with the least bit of movement, amazing efficiency. She watched the bandits run in fear of the man, giving them a particularly nasty glare. She then turned towards the man who had saved them, and recognized him immediately, "Oh, you're the one I saw at the castle! What was your name again, sir?" Then she covered her mouth. She probably shouldn't make it too obvious she's the princess. Well, too late for that now.

------------

Valery's fist hit a good solid bit of nothing as she went right past Lily. Then she let out a gasp as she felt a sudden violation of her personal space.

"H-HEY!" She grabbed her own rump and her blush couldn't possibly get any redder now, "What do you think you're doing? I'm a mighty dwarf you know! You should be afraid of me!" She then ran at her again, leaping in the air to give a swift and strong kick.

Last edited by Simply David on Fri 20 Jul 2012, 9:19 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : "I'm a might dwarf you know!" sounds like she's calling herself small. :P)

Simply David
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by NazrinTsunMouse on Thu 19 Jul 2012, 7:37 pm

Claude wrapped one arm around the cying the girl and used his free hand to gently stroke her hair. His words were soft and consoling, trying to calm the her down, "It's okay, I'm here. They won't touch you again."

When it seemed she had finally calmed herself, Claude moved his hand away from her hair and also turned towards their savior, "Yes, I must thank you, monsieur. I'm not sure what we would have done without you."

"You're lucky I was close enough to smell that corpse over there," Lance replied, sheathing his blade, "Women and children shouldn't be traveling these roads alone."

It was then that the eldest of them spoke, mentioning knowing him from the castle. Was she a Derengia? No, she'd have known his name if that were the case. His eyes widened when he finally got a good look at her. The Princess? What was she doing here? Was she out of her mind? Damnit, this was gonna mess up alot of plans. And he couldn't very well send her back home. The bandits could come back and it would waste too much time for him to go with her. He did not want to leave Milano alone with that man, knowing she'd get there before him. That's why he detoured to this shortcut.

"Lance Verall, my sister works at the castle," He decided to answer her question before deciding anything else, "You are Princess Candy, right?"

----

Lyra was shocked out of her thoughts when Alice spoke. Which was really for the best, she was scared of where those thoughts were leading her anyway. She needed to focus on the task at hand to get her mind off of it, "Ah... yeah, you see that spot over here by the stream?" She said pointing to said area, "We should set camp there, we can refill our water rations, and maybe catch some fish. I'd rather not survive on dried meat on this journey."

Back to top Go down

Post by Molly on Thu 19 Jul 2012, 9:04 pm

Sofi steadily calmed herself back down, and then realized she was still clinging tightly to Claude. Lowering her arms, she took an awkward step back, giving them both enough personal space. She wiped her eye with the back over her arm as Cerbi trotted up, rubbing against her leg. "It's okay, boy. We're fine now."

Looking over at the man and the princess, it appeared they knew each other. Well, it was a good thing the princess had a friend wandering around in the forest. And a good thing that Cerbi had charred that man, it seemed. The smell was rather.. potent. It almost made her gag.

Trying to ignore it, she sat down in the grass and held Cerbi, still a little shaken from the encounter.

-------------------------------------

"Sounds well enough to me. If you'll go back and fetch our two other.. companions, I'll start setting up camp." She knew the elf probably didn't want to go back and see Valery so soon, but she wanted to start getting everything set up before night rolled in.

Walking over to the clear area next to the stream, she unloaded the two tents from her horse, the other two had been on Lyra's horse, and started setting them up. She also only had two sleeping bags. So tonight was going to be.. a little cozy. Alice sighed at the thought. That mean's she'd probably be bunking with either Lyra or Lily, depending on if Valery and Lyra didn't want to share a bed.

When she got the tents done, she would make a firepit a safe enough distance from the tents, but close enough to illuminate the area around them in case there was any danger.
Molly
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by GenericSpider on Thu 19 Jul 2012, 9:43 pm

Lily sighed as Valery once again attempted to attack her. As the dwarf flew towards her, she drew her knives; stepped to the side of the attack, and struck.

As the dwarf landed, she would no doubt find her pants and shirt falling off.

"Wanna try again?" said Lily. "I won't be aiming for your clothes next time,"

Go Team Godzilla
GenericSpider

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Simply David on Fri 20 Jul 2012, 9:30 pm

Did you think Valery's face couldn't get any redder? You were wrong.

"Kyaah!" Valery let out an unnaturally feminine cry and grabbed at her clothes, her face becoming so red one would wonder if she were even human. Then again, she WAS a dwarf, "You... you just..." Valery went to work fixing her clothes, grumbling what was no doubt the worst threats and curses one could possibly place upon someone.

So all of that, and the Jester does THIS to her on top of it all?! And what was that sound she made? She's never made such a sound. Even she didn't know her voice could become so high pitched. The thought of screaming like some little human girl (Because Dwarves totally don't cry when they're kids) made her even more embarrassed, and she was forced to wonder how that was even possible.

---------

"Oh!" Candy hit her fist to her palm as she remembered Milano and Lance being brother and sister. Alice and Milano were friends from what she could tell, and if this was her brother, and he saved them from bandits, then he is definitely a trustworthy guy who couldn't possibly mean them any harm.

"It's nice to meet you, Lance Verall. My name is Princess Candy le Ardania," She gave a small curtsy, "Thank you very much for saving us from those ruffians," Candy felt a sort of indescribable feeling of gratitude to him. She almost wanted to hug him, actually.

Simply David
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by NazrinTsunMouse on Fri 20 Jul 2012, 10:55 pm

Lyra definitely didn't want to get back so soon, and she was going to argue it but decided against it. It was getting late and it would be better if camp got set up quickly. So, with a sigh, the elf headed back to the road. Her head was hung and she was left again to her thoughts. Why had she reacted so strongly toward the dwarf? She couldn't possibly... attracted to her. No that was unspeakable. No way she'd be attracted to some dwarf. That was just nonsense. Or so she hoped.

Once she got to the road, she looked up to be met with the most startling of visions. A half naked dwarf putting on her clothes while grumbling obscenities at the jester. "W-w-what's going on here?!" Lyra shouted, her cheeks tinted a deep shade of red.

-----

"I'd ask you what you were doing here, Princess," Lance said, not really responding to the thanks or the greeting. He felt too much like he didn't deserve either, "But it's dangerous to stand around here and talk. You and your companions should get your horses and follow me back to my camp."

Hearing this, Claude went over to his own horse. He made sure it wasn't injured then grabbed hold of the reigns. He agreed with the older male. It was getting dark and the bandits may come back.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 16 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 12 ... 16  Next