Random Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Creator 
Admins 

Medieval, Kingdoms of Ardania and Derangia - Repowered

+6
Hot Elfie
Tom
ScorpionWins
RolePlayingRoxas
Rain
AnnoR
10 posters

Page 9 of 16 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 12 ... 16  Next

Go down

Medieval, Kingdoms of Ardania and Derangia - Repowered - Page 9 Empty Re: Medieval, Kingdoms of Ardania and Derangia - Repowered

Post by Molly Sat 21 Jul 2012, 12:21 am

Sir Lance didn't seem to be that sociable. Oh well, Sofi didn't mind. He saved them, so she had no real room to complain. Finally calmed back down, Sofi got up, holding her dog under one arm, which he didn't seem to mind. Going over to Claude, she waited for Lance to lead them back to the camp.

------------------------------------------------

It didn't take Alice long to get the camp set up, as manual labor tasks were something she could do nearly twice as quickly as the average person. Even if she had never set up a tent before for herself, she had been taught how to during her 'knight training'. Alice chuckled at the memory. It was more or less general soldier training, but she fancied herself a knight and the title stuck.

Looking back towards the forest, she wondered what was taking Lyra and the others so long, so she headed back out towards them. "What're you all doing back he-" Stopping next to Lyra, Alice wasn't quite sure what she was looking at here.

Lyra was red-faced, Valery was nearly naked, and Lily was.. well she was probably the cause of it all. Sighing, Alice walked over to the dwarf while simultaneously taking her shirt off, before putting it on her. Having taken off the leather chest piece after the earlier fight, she was now pretty much standing around in her bra, which didn't seem to bother her.

'Lily, please don't start stripping our companions. I know she was probably threatening you but, even she didn't deserve this. Now come on, I've set up camp already while you all have been messing around back here." She helped Valery up as she spoke, then started back off towards the campsite.
Molly
Molly
Admin

Back to top Go down

Medieval, Kingdoms of Ardania and Derangia - Repowered - Page 9 Empty Re: Medieval, Kingdoms of Ardania and Derangia - Repowered

Post by GenericSpider Sat 21 Jul 2012, 9:23 pm

Lily was about to form a clever argument about how the dwarf had started it. It would probably have ended with the implication that she'd done the dwarf a favor by liberating her from all of those tedious CLOTHES.

However, she suddenly notice that Alice was naked and decided to focus on that instead.

"Geez Alice, I didn't notice you were so eager to take your clothes off," she said.
GenericSpider
GenericSpider

Back to top Go down

Post by Simply David Sun 22 Jul 2012, 10:07 pm

Valery went wide eyed at Lyra appearing. She felt like her chest was going to break her heart started beating so fast. Her face was on fire, and her head hurt. Ordinarily, she could even ignore huge gashes through her body, but for some reason the pain she was feeling from these various and simultaneous bodily functions were causing her to not even be able to react properly.

She didn't actually notice Alice until she suddenly had another shirt on, "Huhwhat?" Valery looked up at Alice, then at Lily, and then at Lyra. She wanted to say something to Lyra but wasn't sure what, or even why. She then noticed she was staring for a moment and turned back towards Lily, finally settling on making a threatening glare as she was pushed along by Alice.

--------------

Candy was taken aback by Lance's reaction. She didn't seem to understand the situation they were in, and seemed to want to keep talking where they were. But looking at her two companions, she realized that they didn't even hesitate to follow him. She began to question her leadership skills as she walked over to Claude and checked on Sofi's and her own horses, "Ok, we'll go with you," she said, more happily than she had meant. So she DID want to go with him? Well he did seem quite reliable.

Candy noticed that Claude's horse was limping. Apparently the bandits weren't too careful with the trap despite how much they could have made on the horses. Candy pondered the wound for a moment before reaching down one of her hands. She had to be careful, since she hadn't healed a horse before. Cats, dogs, children, but never a horse. It seemed the bone was fine, and the more important muscles were ok. In fact, it would have been fine if given a few days to relax. Finally she said a couple of simple words which caused the bleeding to stop and the wound to close instantly, covering the whole leg in a soft glow.

Candy sighed before turning back to Lance, "Alright, we're ready," she said as she grabbed the reigns of her horse.
Simply David
Simply David
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by NazrinTsunMouse Mon 23 Jul 2012, 4:08 am

Lyra opened her mouth to say something further when the maid appeared and stripped herself of her shirt to give to the dwarf. Instead of making the situation better, it merely made it worse. The elf was forced to turn away from the group, her face crimson with embarrassment that she wanted none to see.

"W-we should get to the campsite." She said with some difficulty. And then proceeded to walk away from them. The sooner she was out of their sight, the better. Though she figured that blush would just come right back once they settled in camp. Maybe she should sleep in a tree tonight. Faaaar away from the bothersome dwarf and maid.

Meanwhile, in the tree, Milano was having a very similar reaction to Lyra. The blood rushed to her face and for a moment she thought her vision would blur. She was able to control herself and likewise turn away. Or at least tried to, she guiltily snuck peeks back at Alice every so often, feeling it weigh on her conscience.

-----

"Thank you, Princess," Claude murmured softly. His mannerisms were off for the usually charming boy. It was as he were deep in troubled thoughts. He realized that his feelings were showing on his face and quickly brightened up back to his expected charm for the sake of the girls, "As our lovely princess has stated, we are ready monsieur."

Lance nodded, saying nothing more to the group as he led them off the trail into the deeps of the woods. He kept a good pace to keep from leaving them behind, occasionally looking back to make sure they were still there following him.

Claude couldn't help but notice Lance's gaze sometimes lingering longer on Candy's than him or Sofi. The boy was quite acquainted with the way of the heart and it gave him a slight suspicious. Though he was far from surprised, the princess was lovely as he had so very often. Even the most stone hearted of men would feel drawn to her.

It wasn't long before they came to a small encampment. A tent was set up with a black stallion tied near it. There seemed to have been a fire going, but it was long out by now, all the remained was the ashes and smoke. Not too far away was a pack, the boy guessed that he had been going through it before he came to help them.

"I only have one tent," Lance finally said, turning to the group, "The two ladies and can take the tent, you don't mind right?" This time it was directed at Claude.

"Of course, monsieur Lance," The boy easily agreed. He had hoped the older male would suggest it anyway, "What kind of gentleman would I be if I let two ladies sleep outside while I enjoyed the comforts of a tent."
NazrinTsunMouse
NazrinTsunMouse
Admin

Award : Best Admin Ever.... Right?

https://randomroleplay.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Molly Mon 23 Jul 2012, 10:08 am

"Lily. No. Enough of those jokes." Alice honestly had no idea why it was such a big deal that she had taken off her shirt. It was just Lily, Valery an d Lyra. Lly, she has probably seen her naked before. And as for Lyra and Valery, neither of them had any sort of romantic interest in her.. so why did it matter? Plus.. it wasn't like she was naked. She had strange friends.

Walking with Valery, she got back to the campsite and her horse. Deciding that standing around like this had become counterproductive to what she wanted, she got out another shirt from her pack and put it on, buttoning it up.

"Now. We have two tents, two sleeping bags, and four people, please the rest of the tents and bags were on Lyra's horse." Alice sighed, already regretting she had let Lyra ride on the other supply horse. Now she would have to awkwardly cuddle with either the dwarf, the elf, or Lily. "We need to decide who will sleep where before it gets too late. Then we can eat."

While she poke, Alice walked closer to the river, wondering if she was actually capable of catching fish. It wasn't like her strength could really help.

-------------------------------------------------

Sofi blinked, looking impressed at the use of healing magic. She had tried to use it herself once but.. she could never really get the hand of it. Or really anything besides summoning. It was kind of annoying, but this wasn't the time or place to be thinking about that.

As much as she loathed being treated differently because she was female, Sofi decided not to comment because.. well.. she really didn't want to sleep on the ground. It was a little weird that she would sleep with the princess, she had thought they'd catch up to Candy's friends before nightfall, but complaining wouldn't help.

Still, she felt bad for kicking Sir Lance out of his tent, and poor Claude had to sleep outside too. She looked worriedly at the two, unsure what other people or creatures could be lurking in the woods.
Molly
Molly
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tom Tue 24 Jul 2012, 1:20 pm

James reddened slightly but was not really the kind to be seduced into making a decision. Part of what made him so effective was his ability to make decisions in a completely detached manner. "What can you do? We can't just take you along for the fun of it, and you have to have something to offer if we need to accommodate your lack of transport."

Tom
Tom
Growing Demon

Award : The Most Annoying

Back to top Go down

Post by GenericSpider Tue 24 Jul 2012, 4:02 pm

"That's exactly what I was trying to say!" said Polly. "I mean, unless your secretly either a fierce warrior or some kind of sorceress; we would probably have to worry about your safety..."

She didn't mention the other reason for her reluctance to let Marlene join them: the fact that her head seemed to go funny whenever the girl was present. However, she felt that that was best left unmentioned.

--

"Dibs on Alice!" said Lily, cheerfully. "We can call dibs on our tentmates, right?"

She looked at Lyra, then Valery, then back at Alice. It was probably the wisest choice; considering those two were probably just a bit upset at her. However, that wasn't her REAL reason for calling dibs on Alice.

"The dwarf and the elf shall just have to share a tent," she said. "I am certain they shall welcome the chance to become better acquainted.
GenericSpider
GenericSpider

Back to top Go down

Post by Molly Tue 24 Jul 2012, 5:55 pm

Marlene simply smiled at the two. She wondered, how would the two react to necromancy? Probably not very well.. but they wanted proof. Casually, she pointed her hand at the ground, her hand becoming surrounding in swirling back magical energy. Slowly lifting her hand, what looked like a black mist leaked out between the cracks of the stone, until hovering next to her was a wraith-like ghostly apparition. It seemed to be wrapped in a black cloak and had no face, but glowing red eyes stared at the two.

Despite how she worried on the inside, she seemed calm on the outside, reaching up to lightly pat the side of the ghost-like creature's head, which made to look over at her and wave from side to side a bit. "I believe I can handle myself. I skilled in a variety of sorcery." Taking a deep breath, she looked over at the two knight as she waves the apparition away, which vanished instantly. "I do so hope I won't be burned at the stake, considering I'm helping you two. It would ruin my whole day."
Molly
Molly
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tom Tue 24 Jul 2012, 6:05 pm

"...Do they still do that?" James asked. "I suppose an army of dementors could be very useful indeed. Huh, what's a dementor?" Shaking himself out of his babbling stupidity, he cleared his throat and switched into business mode. "Ahem! Very well, you may accompany us as a civilian assistant the Her Majesty's Millitary. You will ride with Sir Pollinore due to the weight difference, assuming there is no complaints from you, my friend? Of course, I will have to request the two of you avoid any... embarrassing incidents for the duration of our quest so as not to distract from the quest at hand. This quest is of the utmost importance so I must insist on absolute professionalism from you, Sir Pollinore, not that I believe such a reminder is necessary."

"Now, if the two of you are prepared, let us swiftly embark on our mission. The faster we move, the less the princess could have been taken or have travelled."
Tom
Tom
Growing Demon

Back to top Go down

Post by GenericSpider Tue 24 Jul 2012, 6:13 pm

Polly stared in awe at the wraith-like creature. She hadn't really encountered many supernatural creatures in her short time as a knight. However, her instincts told her the thing was dangerous; and thus probably useful in a fight.

She turned to Marlene, and felt just a bit guilty about her earlier words. Though she was still reluctant to bring Marlene; it was wrong of her to assume the girl helpless.

"I apologize about doubting your abilities," she said, offering your hand.
GenericSpider
GenericSpider

Back to top Go down

Post by Molly Tue 24 Jul 2012, 7:51 pm

They didn't burn witches anymore? Or at least not here in Ardania. Oh, good. "Don't worry, Sir James, I won't distract Ser Pollinore. I'll be perfectly professional."

Looking over at Pollinore, she smiled ,taking her hand in both of her. "It's quite alright, Ser Pollinore. I can understand the need for making sure on this kind of a mission." Leaning in so James couldn't see her face, she grinned slyly. "just know my abilities in just about everything are quite up to par."

Leaning back away, she walked over and patted Pollinore's horse in an affectionate manner. "I'm ready when you two are~"
Molly
Molly
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Simply David Wed 25 Jul 2012, 12:30 am

Candy frowned, opening her mouth to say something and then closing it. She at first was going to readily agree that she get the tent, then she was going to argue that she shouldn't get special treatment. She didn't seem to actually know what she wanted and for some reason had even thought to ask if Lance and Claude would be willing to just lay with them for the night. She blushed lightly as all the various problems that might come up occurred to her, like someone rolling on top of someone else, or what if someone's clothes slip!

Finally, Candy settled on being brief, "Thank you. But I'd like to point out that I am not in the castle any more, so you don't have to treat me special here," she was actually quite serious about this, surprisingly, despite having never been on 'equal' terms with someone. She wanted to see what it was like, and this was probably her only chance.

--------

Valery had finally calmed down a bit until she heard about the tents. She complained to herself in dwarven, ["Why the hell what the hell where the hell SCREW THIS!"] She clung to Alice, making it visibly clear she refused to share a tent with the elf, "A dwarf would never in a million years bed with an Elf. I-I'm sure she feels the same!" Valery added, to justify what she was saying. Wait, why'd she have to justify her hate of elves? Dwarves hated elves, she didn't have to point out the opposite as it was just as clearly obvious.

["This is why I try not to think too much, it just causes issues,"] Valery muttered in Dwarven, forgetting for a moment that the elf could understand her. Upon remembering that, she noticeably became further visibly agitated and hoped that maybe Lyra didn't hear the last part.
Simply David
Simply David
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by NazrinTsunMouse Wed 25 Jul 2012, 7:45 pm

"It's not special treatment," Lance said simply, without looking at the others. Instead he went over to his sack, seeming to be rummaging through it, "I won't be needing the tent, since I won't be sleeping tonight."

With the ruckus caused by those bandits and the fact he had to let them go free, Lance was worried about them tracking him back to the camp and ambushing them while they slept. No, tonight he planned to stay awake and alert, and it would be better to keep the younger boy nearby to wake up the girls quickly and lead them away from the camp while he held back any possible threats. Of course, Lance didn't quite have the social skills to realize this would probably just make them worry more about kicking him out his tent.

Claude probably sensed his intent and turned to the Princess and Sofi to help reassure them, "Do not worry, I have always wanted to know what it was like to sleep under stars. This shall be a fun experience for me, so please take the tent."

-----

Lyra let out a long dragged out sigh. This was just not her day. "Tsk, stupid dwarf..." She muttered under her breath in irritation. The dwarf's strong reaction at having to share a tent with her wasn't helping matters either. Not like she wanted to sleep with the dwarf or anything, but she didn't have to complain that vocally. "Don't even worry about it, I'm sleeping in one of these trees. Safer up there anyway."

She did catch Valery's dwarven statement and blinked in bafflement. What could it have mean? Why did she care? Whatever, she needed to focus on something else. Like that lost looking maid pondering how to catch the fish.

Another drawn out sigh, "I hope you don't plan on catching them with your bare hands..." She quickly kicked up a decently sized stick and pulled out a knife she had looted off one of the bandits. Whittling the stick down to a point, she walked over to the stream. When she was done, she twirled the stick in her hand and got into position.

"Watch and learn," The elf drove the stick down into the water in flash. Pulling it back up, one would notice a fish wiggling on the end of it, pierced through the side.
NazrinTsunMouse
NazrinTsunMouse
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Molly Wed 25 Jul 2012, 9:38 pm

Sofi walked over to the princess and lightly patted her on the arm. "You may not be in the castle anymore, but you're still the princess. I don't like leaving them out here any more than you do.. but I think they're capable of taking care of themselves."

She looked over at Lance and Claude, giving the boy a worried smile. She really didn't like making them sleep out here.. but what else could be done? They couldn't all sleep in the tent together. That'd be a little.. inappropriate. Still, it was a shame to kick Sir Lance out of his own tent.. probably ruining his night of sleep.

"Just.. be careful, alright?" She looked at both of them as she spoke, even if Lance probably wasn't paying a lot of attention.

-----------------------

Alice looked down at the dwarf clinging to her and over at Lily. "I'm not sharing a tent with both of you. One is bad enough." She inched out of Valery's grasp when she spoke in dwarven. Probably cursing or complaining again. She didn't want to deal with it, so she was somewhat glad Lyra decided to sleep in a tree. She'd probably still end up sharing a sleeping bag with Lily but.. it was better than sharing with two people. Barely.

"I don't think I could even attempt something like that," she said, still looking down at the fish. When Lyra came up, she looked over at her as she carved herself a makeshift spear. As she got into position, Alice watched closely as with lightning precision, she stabbed the stick through a fish.

Alice would be lying if said she wasn't impressed. Still, she could probably do that. Copying Lyra, she found a stick and broke off the end so it had a more crude spear point. Watching the water, she pulled back and waited. With impressive speed, she jabbed the stick into the water, spearing a fish.. and then breaking the stick on the bottom of the stream bed. The speared fish began floating downstream.

"Ah! No!" Jumping in before she really thought about it, Alice grabbed the speared fish and held it up. It was pierced very hard through the head and very, very dead. "... Well. I caught one. Sort of."
Molly
Molly
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tom Thu 26 Jul 2012, 7:03 pm

James nodded and pointed towards a large gate leading out of the city. "My horse and equipment are there," He told them, walking off towards it, "we may receive reinforcements but this is rather urgent of course, so we must move quickly."

He got to his horse and mounted it. The road for the next few hours was rather safe so he didn't put on the rest of his armour. "We ride quickly," he told them, "in order to close ground quickly with the princess." His horse was grey and powerfully built from carrying a heavy load around so often. He didn't doubt that he could make the journey rather quickly alone but was unaware of Pollinore's horse's speed. He also needed the back up so going it alone was out of the question.

"I discovered that one of the horses are not the stables and it hasn't been recorded, which is what suggests that this was not a kidnapping. In that case, she will be able to move quickly as she is lighter than us and has some of the finest horses in the world. Despite this, we are to treat this is a worst case scenario and should be prepared for a fight. Understood?" He asked, looking at the pair.
Tom
Tom
Growing Demon

Back to top Go down

Post by GenericSpider Thu 26 Jul 2012, 9:07 pm

Lily giggled a bit as Alice caught the fish.

"I suppose the important thing is that you caught it," she said, as she waded into the water. "Watch and learn..."

Faster than anyone could blink; Lily thrust her hand into the water and pulled out a fish. However, as she held it over her head to show it to the rest of the party; it slipped through her fingers, bounced off her head, and fell back into the water.

"...stupid slippery fish," she said.

--

"Understood," said Sir Pollinore. "Do we have any clues as to the princess' destination?"
GenericSpider
GenericSpider

Back to top Go down

Post by Simply David Fri 27 Jul 2012, 9:32 pm

Valery couldn't help but let out a laugh when the maid jumped in the river and when the jester failed to catch a fish. Of course, Valery didn't know how to catch a fish, but who cares? Dwarves don't fish.

She then turned around, and walked right up to the tents. Maybe she'd lay down for a bit. She was feeling surprisingly tired considering she hadn't done much that day. At least, not compared to her usual daily life of work back when she was in the mines. So why was she tired? She couldn't figure it out.

----

Candy huffed at Sofi, but decided that being upset with her when they were about to sleep in the same tent might be bad for her sleep, "Alright," she turned to Lance and Claude, mildly impressed with Lance's decision, and also with Claude for being so quick to agree. 'Chivalry is an amazing thing,' thought Candy. She breathed in and then out, making her way over to one of the cleaner logs in the area, and brushed it off before sitting down.

She wasn't sure what to do at this point, not really knowing how to set up a camp or anything. Well, she was supposed to know how to, but she had somewhat goofed off during basic survival lessons.

"Oh please, why would I need to learn these? Our kingdom is perfectly safe and so am I! I don't need to know how to survive on my own so long as I have Alice with me," Candy suddenly remembered her thoughts on that. Why hadn't she paid attention to those lessons? Did she really think Alice would be there every time she left the castle?

Candy then shook her head, mentally scolding herself, 'Geez Candy, not even one day away from town and you're already doubting yourself? Get yourself together!'
Simply David
Simply David
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by NazrinTsunMouse Fri 27 Jul 2012, 11:40 pm

Lyra watched both attempts with a blank stare before she too burst out into laughter. It took her a good minute to finally calm her laughter down so she could go about catching a few more fish. She eventually stepped back from the water and wiped the sweat from her brow, "I think that should do it. You guys know how to cook them right? Or do I need to do that for you too?"

-----

Lance ignored their chatter for the moment. Not because he didn't care. It was because, despite it all, he was still on high alert. He knew the dangers of these woods and with three tag alongs around, it just made it even more dangerous. Well, at least the summoner girl might be able to hold her own. He wasn't sure about the other two. At the very least, the younger boy knew how dire the situation was if the way he was tensed up was any indication. Probably listening out for danger just like him.

"Hey, can one of you get the fire started?" Lance asked over his shoulder, still rummaging through the bag and occasionally pulling out what appeared to be dried meats.
NazrinTsunMouse
NazrinTsunMouse
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Molly Fri 27 Jul 2012, 11:58 pm

Sofi nodded, looking over at Cerbi. "Cerbi, you start digging a little fire pit, and the princess and I will look for dry twigs." The small dog nodded and started digging a shallow but wide hole. Meanwhile, Sofi looked over at the princess and went over to her, smiling in a friendly manner. She could tell the princess didn't have the most positive of feelings towards her, probably because of the tent thing, but she couldn't help what her station was, so that was that.

"You wanna help me look around?" Sofi decided to try to be more friendly and get her to help out, to make up for treating her like she wasn't capable out here on her own. Who knew? Maybe the princess was some kind of survival expert. They did learn these things at the castle, didn't they?

-------------------------------------

After her failed fish catching, Alice had sat down on the bank and removed her shoes. Rolling up her pants, she let her feet soak in the water while watching Lyra expertly catch more fish for them to eat after Lily had manged to catch, and lose, one with her bare hands. Unable to help it, she burst out laughing as well at their antics. "Fishing is not mine or Lily's strong suits, apparently."

Looking back at Valery when she laughed, she raised an eyebrow. "Would you like to try it, miss dwarf? I'm sure you'd do so much better than either I or Lily did."

When Lyra was done, Alice stood back up and took the fish from her. "I know how to cook, thank you." She was a maid, after all. It wasn't like she was just trained in killing and cleaning. Taking out something from her pat, she set a flat piece of wood on the ground, which folded up like a table and set the fish on them. Cleaning and gutting the fish, she cut them into fillets before getting what appeared to be a container of seasoning out, seasoning the fillets before putting them on, fo all things, a frying pan she had brought with her.

Setting up a little pan-holder over the fire, she put the fish in the pan and placed the pan over the fire, turning the fish every so often as she cooked. "While I have to live in the woods for the time being, I'm not going to eat like a while animal," she off-handedly commented. It seemed like at least a third of what she brought with her was cooking gear.
Molly
Molly
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GenericSpider Sat 28 Jul 2012, 5:13 pm

"Oi, I'm a decent cook!" said Lily. "I had to learn to cook for myself during my trai...velling. Yeah. Travelling is what I was going to say,"

She sighed with relief. Though she doubted she'd have revealed much by saying "training"; she didn't want to let slip anything about her past if possible. She would probably end up telling Alice her real backstory one day; but she didn't think now was the best of times.

"Of course, I'm not really all that good at cooking fish since I was never that good at fishing," she said. "Though I make a great squirrel meat gumbo,"
GenericSpider
GenericSpider

Back to top Go down

Post by Simply David Sun 29 Jul 2012, 8:07 pm

"No way maid," Valery shook her head clearly, "Dwarves don't catch fish. Dwarves don't go in water. So, I don't catch fish," Valery stated quite clearly, "Funny watching you try though," She added in, smiling again.

---------

"Oh, um, sure!" Candy stood up a little too quickly, being disturbed from her thoughts, "I'll be happy to help," Even if she didn't exactly know what she was doing since she wasn't paying much attention. She really needed to work on that.
Simply David
Simply David
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by NazrinTsunMouse Mon 30 Jul 2012, 7:21 pm

"If you don't mind, I will come along and help you ladies," Claude offered, not wanting to feel useless in this situation. Nor did he really want to get stuck with the stoic male rummaging through the packs. He was still pulling out various food stuff as well as a few other items Claude did not recognize. The boy got the feeling he didn't socialize much. He had to wonder just what kind of environment he grew up in to act as he did. Social isolation was such a foreign concept to Claude.

----

"Did you pack the entire kitchen in there or what?" Lyra asked, bemused at the sheer number of cooking ware the maid had. You'd think for this mission packing something a little more important than pots and pans would be better. Apparently the maid was too used to the comforts of castle life. The elf could only shake her head, this maid definitely wouldn't last a day on her own in the forest, "You humans and your luxuries..."
NazrinTsunMouse
NazrinTsunMouse
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Molly Mon 30 Jul 2012, 7:59 pm

Sofi headed off into the forest, looking around on the ground for twigs and such, picking them up as she went along. "I guess anything that looks dry.. I don't think anything green would be good."

She couldn't say she had any kind of wilderness experience.. but she could start a fire with Cerbi at least. Speaking of the little dog, for once he had not followed his master and was still back at camp, just staring at Lance, his little mouth crackling with flames.

-----------------------------------

"Just enough to cook some decent food while we were out here." Alice looked over at Lyra, raising an eyebrow. "I think we've already established I'm no survival expert."

Alice then looked at Lily.. looking mildly disgusted. "Squirrel.. gumbo? I.. think we'll stick to fish since we have Lyra here." She didn't even really want to know where Lily learned to cook such a thing. Shaking it off, she went back to her fish, turning the now delicious-smelling tidbits of fish over to let them cook on the other side.

"Didn't pack any plates or cutlery.." Alice let out a small 'hmph', not sure how they were supposed to eat these now except for just taking them out of the pan and holding them. How uncivil. "Lyra. Do you have any kind of.. survival.. skills to make plates or forks?" Probably not. Eating with her hands was not something she was used to... at least not eating fish filets with her hands..

Last edited by Molly on Mon 30 Jul 2012, 9:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Molly
Molly
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GenericSpider Mon 30 Jul 2012, 9:05 pm

Lily picked up a piece of fish with her hands, and began to eat it. As she did so, she turned her attention to Lyra. She felt she ought to respond to the elf's comment; as she herself knew a thing or two about survival without luxuries.

"Oi, elf. I can survive just fine without luxuries," said Lily. "I'll have you know that I was..."

She paused mid-sentence, having almost let slip details of her past that she didn't want to let slip.

Instead, she took a deep breathe, and proceeded to tell Lyra the story of how she was cast from her home after a wicked curse turned her from a handsome prince into beautiful princess; and then raised by wolves; who later abandoned her, leaving her to be raised by turtles.

"...and then, I came here to Ardania and became a court Jester; and have yet to get the kiss from a beautiful maiden to break the curse," she finished, before grinning at Lyra and Valery.

"Unless someone here would like to volunteer?"
GenericSpider
GenericSpider

Back to top Go down

Post by Simply David Tue 31 Jul 2012, 5:13 pm

"Dry, not green, got it..." Candy nodded her head, and looked around on the ground with an intent face. She was going to be helpful now! Hah! "Oh, sure Claude!" She smiled as he decided to come along. That was nice of him, she thought, "So, lets see what we can find~" She said in a small sing-song tone, getting into the rhythm of picking up small, dry twigs and dead looking leaves.

---

Valery grabbed a piece of fish and began to eat. She wasn't bothered by the heat or not eating with a plate, even though most of her life she'd been given food on a plate. It's just that Dwarves weren't too fond of silverware. "You've already killed it, it's just rude to go tearing away at its dead body, killing it again. Just eat the damn thing," Is a good example as this is something Valery's dad had said to her after hearing about forks for the first time.

As she ate, Lily began her story, and she was completely enthralled, "Wow, that's such a sad story..." Wait a second, did she just ask her for a kiss, "WAIT WHAT? No way, ask her," She said, pointing towards Lyra, "Dwarves aren't beautiful," she nodded once before grabbing another piece of fish. This would actually be about her tenth one. Good thing Lyra caught so many actual fish, Valery's probably eaten enough pieces to put away three of them.
Simply David
Simply David
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by NazrinTsunMouse Tue 31 Jul 2012, 5:24 pm

"Yeah, I do actually," Lyra replied, a hint of annoyance in her tone. Honestly, this maid, she thought as she held up her left hand, "This is your plate," She then held up her right hand, "This is your cutlery."

Now that she was done being a smartass, she grabbed a fish for herself and ate it while idly listening to Lily's story. She half wondered how she knew elven, but this short amount of time with the Jester made her learn not to question such things. When the dwarf said she wasn't beautiful, Lyra grinned slyly, "We finally agree on something... wait, why are you pointing at me...?" Then it dawned on her, "Oh nononono, the maid can do it, not me. No way, no how."
NazrinTsunMouse
NazrinTsunMouse
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Molly Tue 31 Jul 2012, 6:12 pm

Very cute. Alice narrowed her eyes at the elf, then looked down at the frying pan. Really, she could just knock her out with this and take her back to Ardania. This whole trip would be so much more pleasant. But then she'd probably start a war with the elves and that would be.. a terrible idea.

Sighing, she picked up a piece of fish out of the pan and ate it, still looking displeased about the whole thing. When the story was aimed at her suddenly, Alice looked up. "I'm not kissing Lily, I can promise you that." She'd already been tricked into doing it once before.. she wouldn't fall for any of Lily's false stories again.

After eating another piece of fish, Alice got up and stretched. "You should all get some sleep soon. I'm going to keep watched for a bit." Walking over to the tents, she took her sword out of it's sheath as she sat down in front of and in between the two tents she had set up.
Molly
Molly
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GenericSpider Wed 01 Aug 2012, 3:44 pm

Lily mock pouted as she was rejected. She hadn't really expected the story to work.

"Alas, my search continues," she said. "Oh well; from what I've hard, elves are terrible kissers anyway,"

She turned her attention to Alice; her expression getting a bit more serious.

"Maybe I should keep watch," she said. "If that assassin shows up; I can probably dodge anything they throw at me,"
GenericSpider
GenericSpider

Back to top Go down

Post by Simply David Fri 10 Aug 2012, 11:13 pm

After having finally arrived at sleeping arrangements, the two groups settled in for a night of rest...

The sun rose just above the horizon, though it wasn't quite yet visible in the forest. Small rays of light stretched their way into the trees, but nothing truly startling as of yet.

The young female dwarf, Valery, woke up, and grumbled a bit to herself. Having lived in caves her whole life, she was used to waking up at a set time rather than when the light came out. She felt like it was later than it should be though, and figured it was the fact it took so long to get to sleep, and so she was just laying there grumbling to herself before getting up. She exited her tent and looked around.

--------------

Candy was snoring quietly as she lay next to Sofi. Not something that would really get on anyone's nerves, just a somewhat noisy breathing. She didn't show any signs of waking up at all as the sunlight became brighter and brighter. She usually waited for Alice to wake her up, or another servant if Alice were particularly busy for some reason, but that was rare...
Simply David
Simply David
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by NazrinTsunMouse Sat 11 Aug 2012, 6:02 am

Lyra was already out of her tree, searching the place for something to eat. Luckily she came across a berry bush and was quickly picking them, placing them in the outstretch hem of her shirt that she was using as a makeshift basket. She had been the first to wake up out of the group, having been the first one welcomed by the rays of a new day.

Uncharacteristically, or so it would seem to the others, Lyra was humming to herself. It was an old tune, one that was sung to her by her caretaker. Being out in the forest once more reminded Lyra of her home. They were so close to the camp now. She wouldn't be surprised if they came across one of her people whilst on the road. She hope they didn't, she wanted more time to prepare for her homecoming than that.

When she was completely satisfied with the number of berries she obtained, she headed back to camp and placed them on an open cloth. She had made sure to grab enough for everyone and while it wouldn't be filling, it would do as a quick breakfast before setting out again.

-----

"Hey, kid," Claude felt someone shake him, rousing him out of his slumber. The voice was low and unfamliar. Did he spend the night at a gentleman's place and forget? The boy opened his eyes and was met by an auburn haired male. It was then that the past events hit him and his memory flooded back, "Good you're awake, go wake up the girls while I pack everything up."

The boy nodded, noting the slight drowsiness in Lance's appearance. He must not have slept at all last night. Claude would have taken shifts with the male if he had asked. He coulsn't help but wonder why he would take on such a burden himself. Shaking his head, Claude stood up, dusting the dirt off his clothes. He was definitely do for a nice bath, but that could wait some other time. Instead he went to the tent and slightly opened the flap, "Hey, mademoiselles, it's time to get up."
NazrinTsunMouse
NazrinTsunMouse
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 16 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 12 ... 16  Next