I forgot my password

Creator 
Admins 

Medieval, Kingdoms of Ardania and Derangia - Repowered

Page 14 of 16 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

Go down

Re: Medieval, Kingdoms of Ardania and Derangia - Repowered

Post by NazrinTsunMouse on Sat 16 Mar 2013, 6:03 pm

With that, Arielle approached the cage, sending a glance towards Alice. She conveyed an unspoken request towards the maid to be ready in case either Varell tried anything. She unlocked the cage and motioned for Milano to come out, "Come on, you."

Milano looked towards her brother before giving a small nod and exiting the cage. The older elven woman placed a hand on her shoulder, a way of keeping her from running off without seeming too threatening.

"Strategy?" Arielle interrupted abruptly, "We can talk strategy on the way. We already wasted enough time, I'm not gonna sit here and wait for you two to talk. I'm going to get the horses ready. If you're not there when I'm done, we're leaving without you."

Her words were blunt and sharp, but it was apparent that worry for Lyra was already eating away at her. It also didn't help she was lacking in social skills from years of hardened battles.

She left taking Milano with her.

----

Lyra followed Olivia silently and obediently. For once, the sharp tongued elf was at a loss for words. What could she say? She was just kidnapped by her childhood friend. Dazed and confused, she was unsure of what even to think at this point. Her only hope was for someone to help her... hah....

She didn't even have hope of that happening.

Award : Best Admin Ever.... Right?

View user profile http://randomroleplay.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Molly on Sun 17 Mar 2013, 10:53 am

Nelia eagerly followed the Adviser up the stairs, stretching her wings otu for a moment, before deciding to walk. Having a quiet conversation with him was hard enough without flying. Short guy.

"What will we do now, master? Do you want me to fly back and see if I can free them?"

-------------------------------------------------

Marlene would glance to the elven camp. Part of her wanted to stay and study their society; new experiences, new people.. and the women were definitely not unattractive. Ah, well. A trip for another day. She'd turn back to Pollinore, smiling softly.

"Of course. I may not be a soldier, but I am a citizen of Ardania. I'll help keep the young princess safe."

-------------------------------------------------

Alice opened her mouth to respond to Lily, before Arielle cut in. Sighing, she reached out to pat Lily's shoulder. "She has a good point, come on."

Turning, she would follow Arielle and Milano at a dsitance, hanging back slightly to wait for Lily to catch up. When they reached where the horses had been stabled, she walked over to her own horse and lightly pat her side. She waiting for Milano and Arielle to get ready before climbing onto her own horse, looking at Lily.

"Ride with me. The less horses we use the better."
Molly
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Simply David on Mon 25 Mar 2013, 1:34 am

Candy frowned, realizing that the others didn't seem to have the same plans as herself. She felt bad for what she was about to say, since Polly and Marlene surely had places to be and things to do that had nothing to do with her, "I'm afraid I'm not going back to Ardania immediately. I'm going to stay here and wait for Alice to return safely, with Lyra in tow, before I head back," she sighed as she looked back at the group. It looked like they were on the move now. Lance's sister was being taken along as well it seemed. So that meant that Lance would likely be alone soon... she'll have to be sure to talk to him, try to straighten it out, if only between them, what exactly was going on.

"I'm really sorry you two," She said as she turned back, "If you must, you may return on your own. I would not wish to hold up your plans. I'm sure the elves won't mind taking care of me until the group returns, and then Alice and Lily can take me back. I'm terribly sorry for the trouble you've already been through," she was very sincere here, she really did feel a bit of guilt for causing all this trouble. But, right now, she had just made a promise to Alice, and there was just no way she could go home and sit comfortably, not knowing what happens to Alice for even longer than if she were to just wait here. All in all, she just didn't want to leave.

------

"Hmph, this is my kind of elf," Valery finally quit her muttering with that as her last line, but then turned towards Alice, "Look, maid, the job I was hired to do was to guide you all to Derangia. Just because the elf managed to get there first doesn't mean my job's done, right? So I'm going with you, to fulfill my job," she had a slight blush as she said it but her face said not to ask about it.

She made her way towards another horse near where Alice had mounted her own, without waiting for an answer. Damn this elf, this mission was going to be the end of Valery, she just knew it, but there was just no way for her to leave this be so here she was, getting up on another one of these infernal beasts with intentions of apparently breaking into a castle. Wonderful.

------

Gawain hesitated. Lord Flame? He knew that name. Duel? As if; he had planned on removing the fool's head if another word had been spoken against him, and in fact he had so Gawain was already about to make his move. However, the guards threw him off. Lord Flame was a title of great importance, and there was little chance he'd get away with killing him, even under this kingdom's rules. He pulled back his sword.

"I've changed my mind, you are not worth my time," well hell that was a cliche line wasn't it? Ah well, Gawain didn't care much right now. He needed to get away from here without causing a scene. He sheathed his sword, calmly, casually. He wasn't really afraid of the man before him as he was his title. This was basically the one man he'd hoped he would never come across, since even with that man meant to marry the queen he was able to get away with beating him; but with this situation he was in, there was just no way to come out of it looking any better with just brute force. For a change, he had to actually try using diplomacy, a skill he put very little stock in.

------

Olivia smiled back at Lyra as they exited from the staircase and made their way down a hall, "We're going to have such a great time Lyra! I have it all planned out, it'll be great! I'm sure one of the first things you want to do is get cleaned up, and that's fine, but try not to take too long~! I have a present in store for you, one even better than bringing you here to be with me," Lyra had about two seconds to consider the statement before entering a truly spectacularly designed room, Olivia still holding her hand (rather tightly in fact, but not painfully so).

The doors that were already open were massive, the passage they walked in through being easily twice as big as either of them in height. The room was decorated with a lot of deep reds and pinks, with brighter pinks surrounding the large bed and darker reds going towards the exit out to what appeared to be a balcony. Large, ornate glass doors blocked off the balcony, but certainly didn't take away from the look. There was a set of beautiful furniture all around the room, and

"Isn't this room great? It's great isn't it?" It was like it was Olivia's birthday or something, she was so happy to see Lyra. Actually this made her far happier than it just being her birthday would make her, seeing as this is what she asked for on her last birthday. She was obviously disappointed.

------

The adviser, Ryuk, thought about that. He supposed that was an option, and there wasn't really much else to do about it but to get them back, "Yes, I do believe that'll be for the best. I will allow you to improvise on this mission, do what you see fit. Keep in mind that the boy is the only one I'm truly concerned about, but don't allow him to see you doing anything to his sister. He must be kept under control," For now, he'd just reign the situation back in. This was but a minor snag really, so long as there was still a group performing a 'raid' on their castle, sent by the elves.

Have you seen this girl's bear Tibbers?
Simply David
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by GenericSpider on Mon 25 Mar 2013, 3:13 pm

Polly sighed. She'd hoped the princess would be a bit more cooperative. She wasn't exactly prepared to lift the girl over her shoulders; and haul her all the way back.

"Though I was ordered to bring you back to Ardania; I shall not haul you there against your will," said Polly. "However, I will not leave you alone in this campsite. If you stay, I shall stay,"

She turned to Marlene, and briefly wondered if she would head back to Ardania on her own. However, she realized that this was unlikely. Marlene was most likely going to keep following her.

For reasons she didn't understand; she found that thought comforting.

--

Lord Flame remained silent as Gawain walked away. Though he had lost his chance to legally kill Gawain before he became a problem; he had also gained some insight into the fool's mind.

Gawain wasn't about to engage him in a proper and honorable duel; in fact, the boy was most likely planning to stab him in the back at the first chance.

Lord Flame didn't have a problem with that; Gawain was welcome to try to take his head. It'd give Lord Flame all the justification he needed to put Gawain down.

--

Lily jumped onto the back of the horse, and put her arms around Alice's waist...to keep from falling off of course.

"So, Milano, where do we sneak into the castle?" said Lily. "I mean, I assume there's a secret passage; otherwise Alice will have to toss us over the wall..."

Go Team Godzilla
GenericSpider

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by NazrinTsunMouse on Sat 06 Apr 2013, 4:08 pm

"I know of a way through to the castle... but uhm," Milano said uncertainly, "It's not a very... nice place." She side glanced at Alice before continuing, "Our clothing will stand out."

"Do you know where we can get less inconspicuous wear, then?" The elf inquired. To which Milano nodded. "Alright, take us there first when we reach our destination."

Arielle nodded toward the dwarf, not wanting argue and waste more time. Besides, it might be useful to have another able fighter with them. Without a word, the elf climbed on her horse then reached her hand out to a hesitant Milano. She furrowed her brow at the maid, "What?"

"I'm... I haven't ridden a horse before."

Arielle sighed, she had dealt with this many times before with Lyra and her fear of horses, "It'll be fine, just hold on tight."

After a moments pause, Milano finally grabbed onto the woman's hand and was lifted onto the horse. Arielle then lightly sent her heel into animal below her, "Let's get going."

-----

"Present? About that Via," Lyra began to question, using her old affectionate nickname for the girl, "Why did you for-" Before she could finished, they had already entered the other girl's room. Lyra's eyes went wide in admiration. But even that couldn't make her choke down the twinge of fear and worry she had never felt around her friend before.

"Yeah, it's beautiful, Via," She answered her friend's question honestly.

----

Meanwhile, Lance sat slumped against the wooden bars of his cage. Worry for his sister weighed on his mind, but he knew there was nothing he could do while he was imprisoned here. At least he knew the elf would keep her word and try to keep his sister safe. That was all he could hope for in this situation. He sighed, tossing a rock against the bars. An invisible force stopped the rock from leaving the cage as it landed on the ground with a small thunk. The young man sighed once again.

Back to top Go down

Post by Molly on Sat 06 Apr 2013, 5:57 pm

"By all means, Valery. Feel free to come along. I'm certain Lyra will be happy to see you," she'd comment, with no hint of teasing. Maybe she was just a good actress?

"So, disguises, then. I merely hope we don't run into that scum of a man again," Alice steadily sounded more hostile towards the end of her sentence, letting out a low hiss. She was, of course, speaking of Gawain. Even if Milano was a traitor, that didn't mean she'd suddenly approve of her getting.. assaulted.. by that brute.

"Also, if I had to toss you all over the wall, it would be neither subtle nor pleasant. Breaking one's bones is never a positive experience." She'd chuckle softly, trying to appear more at ease. For once, she appreciated Lily's attempts at humor. It was familiar, and therefore relaxing.

Sighing, Alice would idly crack her neck and give her head a little shake. The lack of sleep was taking its toll. Pinching the bridge of her nose, she'd exhale slowly. At least that was her only real stressor now. The princess was safely in the camp, and Milano wasn't really a threat as long as she could keep an eye on her. Sneaking into the castle and retrieving Lyra should be simple. Probably.

Glancing over at Arielle and Milano, she smirk slightly at their antics. Hn. Sort of reminded her of Lyra. So fearful of horses, it was pretty cute- no. No more endearing thoughts about people that tried to kill you. Making it a little 'chk-chk' noise by clicking her tongue, her horse would start off, until she was riding at the middle of the group.

----------------------

"Of course, master. I will see if I can retrieve the boy. If not.. well.. then I'll try to cause a bit of havoc." Nelia would cackle, stoppign where she was. "I will report back in as soon as I can."

Zooming up the stairs, she'd shoot off out of an open window, headed back to the forest of the elves.

------------------------

Marlene would make no comment about wishing to return to Ardania, and was instead entertaining herself by leaning back in another chair she had summoned, sitting cross-legged and watching the elves work. Little little bees! Adorable!

Molly
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Simply David on Sun 07 Apr 2013, 4:11 pm

Candy felt a tinge of guilt at what Polly said, but there was just no way she could go back now, "I'm sorry," She apologized again, "I hope you can get comfortable here until they return. Besides, I'm sure it'll be better for everyone to go back together, right?" She smiled at Polly, then looked to Marlene, who looked like she was quite happy with where she was.

Candy looked back at where everyone had been, and watched them go. She said a soft prayer for their safety, and for Lyra's as well, before standing, "I believe that will be enough, for now. There's something I want to do so ... uh, I'll go do it," She didn't want to say what she was doing, because she felt like Polly would insist on being there. She wanted to talk to Lance alone, though, where it would just be the two of them and he would have no reason to hold back the truth any longer.

------

Valery huffed, "I'm not interested in how happy she'll be to see me..." though quite contrary to her statement, she seemed to almost brighten from incredibly annoyed to only really annoyed. She kind of thought that maybe she was getting the hang of this horse business, as she managed to get her horse to follow alongside the other ones. But the constant bumping from the horse's trotting was something she couldn't get used to.

-------

Olivia positively giggled at hearing Lyra refer to her by that old nickname. Such fond memories of the past... Olivia grabbed Lyra's hand with both of her hands this time, "I knew you'd love it! Or at least I really hoped!" She then pointed to the bed, "Now you just sit there and I'll show you your present!"

As Lyra went to sit on the bed, Olivia went over to her dresser on the opposite side. She pulled out a small box and closed the drawer, before coming back around the bed to Lyra, "Alright, Lyra. I'm giving you this so that I can always be close to your heart," She said, her smile becoming a little bit more threatening, ever so slightly, but definitely noticeable. She opened the little box and slowly pulled out a heart shaped pendant, on a gold chain. She handed it to Lyra, holding it by the chain, "Here you go! I think this will look lovely on you, and be sure to look inside after you put it on,"

Simply David
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by GenericSpider on Sun 07 Apr 2013, 5:00 pm

Polly raised an eyebrow as the princess left, but remained quiet. If she told the princess not to leave her sight; the princess would just sneek off the moment she looked away.

Therefore, the best course of action was to follow her quietly. And so, as the princess got ahead of her a bit; she started to follow her as stealthily as possible.

She got several weird looks from the elves who were no doubt wondering why she kept randomly ducking behind things; but didn't really care. She'd be fine as long as the princess didn't see her coming.

--

"If we run into Gawain, I'll have him singing like a choir boy," said Lily. "Specifically one of those choir boys that have their meaty-bits chopped off..."

Go Team Godzilla
GenericSpider

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by NazrinTsunMouse on Tue 09 Apr 2013, 2:06 am

Milano flinched against Arielle at the mention of that man's name. It sent a chill down her spine to even think about him and what he did to her. No, she shouldn't think of that. It was better to wipe it from her memory.

The older woman had noticed Milano tensing but said nothing of it. It was their business, not hers. With a flick of the reins, she sent the horse on an even pace. Not too fast and not too slow. Hopefully it wouldn't take too much longer to get to the castle....

Time passed and they were already far into the woods. Arielle estimated that they would be finding the exit in about 20 or so minutes. They were making good time. But it was clear that the closer they got to the heat of Deregnia, the more fatigued and dehydrated the horses would get.

"There's a river nearby here," Arielle informed, "We should stop and let the horses drink then refill our own water reserves. Where we're going... you're not going to find very much untainted water."

-----

Lyra had complied, sitting as she was told. Something told her that it wouldn't be good for her health to disobey her friend's orders. She was completely helpless and submissive in this situation. When Olivia came back with that ever so slightly threatening smile, Lyra knew there was no way she could refuse. She took the necklace from her friend admiring it's beauty for a moment, "You really shouldn't have, Via." Lyra muttered but put the necklace on anyway. And like Olivia had instructed, she attempted to look inside it.

-----

Lance had noticed the princess approaching him. He frowned slightly, he had hoped she would have been long gone by now. Far away from the dangers of his homeland. "What are you still doing here?" He didn't mean it to sound as harsh as it did. He was genuinely surprised that she was still in the camp, "It's too dangerous for you, Princess. You should get back home."

Back to top Go down

Post by Molly on Tue 09 Apr 2013, 9:28 am

Marlene lifted her head as she watched Polly 'stealth' off after the princess. Interesting warrior, that one. Standing, she'd go to follow the knight, though she decided that she'd rather not duck behind a bunch of things, it'd get her dress dirty!, so she just followed quietly, beyond a small fit of giggles at Polly's antics.

---------------------------------------------------------

After chuckling at both Valery and Lily's statements, Alice would spend the rest of the trip in silence, until the group reached the river and stopped. During the course of the trip, Alice had steadily slumped against her horse's neck, dozing off every so often. The animal, being quite well-trained, didn't seem to mind or noticed this, moving in time with Arielle's horse.

When her horse stopped, Alice was jostled awake, and she sat up sharply. Luckily, she sat up in time to hear Arielle, and nodded. "Good idea. A short break, then."

Prying herself from Lily's arms, Alice would drop off the horse and stretch out for a moment, rolling her shoulders. Turning away from the group as she yawned softly, she'd retrieve the canteens from off the horse. They probably would need to heat the water to purify it.. but would starting a fire this close to Derengia be good? She couldn't imagine it would be.

Letting out a low hum, she'd decide to just fill up the canteens, this water looked plenty clear anyway. As she did, her horse moved over to drink, and she'd gently pat the animal's side. Walking around, she'd slowly look around the forested area. Arielle had said they wouldn't find much un-polluted water in the capital of Derengia.. what was it even like there? She'd only heard about it, read about it. How did the people there live without water? Frowning, she'd lean against a tree and shut her eyes, taking advantage of the short break to try and relax.

----------------------------------------------------------

By this time, Nelia had reached the elf camp once more, and was currently perched up in a tree, watching Lance's cage.
Molly
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Simply David on Tue 09 Apr 2013, 2:43 pm

As Candy walked up to the cage Lance was in, she hesitated a moment at Lance being a bit harsh with his words. But then she walked up closer, "No, I intend on staying here until Alice returns. She's very important to me," she put emphasis on this point to see what kind of reaction Lance would have. Since it was his sister that had tried to kill her, Candy wanted to see what he thought of that, "Besides, I think I can handle myself around here,"

---------

"BLUH! Are we there YET?" Valery let loose her frustration yet again, "All this horse riding is hurting me in places I don't want to mention," she adjusted herself on the horse so much that it made the horse kind of nervous and it whinnied. She just stuck her tongue out at it before adjusting a bit more.

When they finally stopped by the water she immediately jumped off and stretched out. She was downright sick of travelling now. Hey wait what was that maid doing now? "Hey you I'm not drinking that dirty river water. I hope you aren't so dumb to not know we have to boil that first,"

She grabbed a nearby rock, "And before anyone says anything to me; shut up, I know where we are," she then grabbed another and another, and set up a pile of smaller rocks, and then put the biggest and flattest rock available on top. Then she ruffled around in her stuff and pulled out a small hammer. She tapped the top rock a couple times, causing some sparks, and then the rock itself began to glow a bright red, "There you go, instant anvil. You can boil the water on that," Then she sat down a few feet away and crossed her arms.

---------

As Lyra managed to open the heart shaped locket, she'd see inside of it a small painting of herself on the right, looking towards the left; on the other side of the locket was a painting of Olivia, looking to the right. The effect was clear; they were looking at each other.

"See? This way, no matter where you go, or how far you get, I'll always be with you," Olivia had been slowly moving closer to Lyra before suddenly bending over, their faces mere inches apart, Olivia barely opening her mouth, "Lyra, I missed you so much, you just don't know..." then she smiled in the worst smile that Lyra had ever seen as she pulled back, "And now we're together again! I hope you're as excited as I am," her hands had found their way onto Lyra's hand, closing the locket slowly.

Simply David
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by GenericSpider on Tue 09 Apr 2013, 5:12 pm

Lily fell off the horse after Alice rather suddenly dismounted. Years of acrobatics training paid off, however; and she somehow managed to land on her feet.

She watched as Valery made an anvil with wich to boil the water.

"So, what are we going to boil it in?" she asked. "Also, whilst we're stopped; I might as well ask: what's our escape route from the castle? I'm fairly certain we'll have quite a few Derrangian soldiers on our asses by the time we leave,"

Of course, she left out the possibility that they would find Lyra and get out without being noticed. She'd never heard a single story where a rescue attempt went that smoothly.

Go Team Godzilla
GenericSpider

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by NazrinTsunMouse on Tue 09 Apr 2013, 7:16 pm

"Tch, if she's that important to you, then you should go home where it's safe," Lance tried not to scowl too much at the mention of the maid. Even though he owed the woman for defending his sister's honor, he still hated the way woman had treated his sister since last night. Yes, he understood that she had a right to feel betrayed, but after coaxing the truth out of Milano. How she wasn't going to kill Alice after all, he couldn't help that tinge of resentment towards her. She never even bothered to get Milano's side of the story from the sound of it.

Lance sighed, shaking himself from his thoughts, "Look Princess, I don't doubt you can take care of yourself in your own kingdom. But here, you're out of your league."

-----

Claude, who was missing during the morning's events, was just now exiting one of the elven tents. His shirt was no where to be seen, simply wearing some slacks and his top hat. He seemed to have a far too satisfied grin on his face. He then voiced back to the entrance of the tent, "Thank you for the wonderful evening, mon cherie." To that, an elven woman could be heard giggling as he winked at her.

Straightening his hat, the boy then walked away from the tent.

----

Pleased that the others agreed to her suggestion, Arielle got off her horse then lent a hand to Milano to help her off as well. With the maid fidgeting for a moment, unsure what to do, and clearly feeling uncomfortable, the blue haired woman directed her to sit where she could easily keep an eye on her.

She then led her horse to the flowing waters as well, taking a moment to admire the dwarf's handiwork while her horse drank. Maybe bringing these outsiders along wouldn't be a bad idea after all. Also, this would be a good time to question the dwarf on her association with Lyra. Arielle was not a blind woman, she had noticed something odd between the two quite a few times. The fact the dwarf was tagging alone seemed to sinken her suspicions further.

"I haven't considered an escape route," Arielle regrettably admitted, "I do not want to lead them back to our camps. Do any of you have any suggestions?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Molly on Tue 09 Apr 2013, 7:44 pm

Alice would huff at Valery. "I'd assumed one wouldn't be picky if the choices were alerting the Derengians or dying of dehydration, but this is much better." So she wasn't a wilderness survivalist. But, she was a maid. And as such, was prepared for a variety of situations, ranging from the domestic to the.. giant-axe-wielding. As soon as Lily asked what they were going to boil it in, Alice was already moving over to dig through a bag attached to her horse.

Wit ha little flourish, Alice proceeded to pull out a cast-iron pot. Emptying out the canteens, she walked over to the river, scooped up a potful of water, then placed it on the heated anvil. "Thank you for your assistance, miss Valery. But if you call me dumb again, you will be walking back to the camp on our return trip." She'd smile pleasantly at the dwarf, then moved back over to her horse. Grabbing a rag from the bag, she'd walk back over and plop by the river, washing off her face, arms, stomach.. anywhere she could without taking her clothes off.

Forests were filthy.

"Escape route?" She'd ponder this, then give a small shrug. "Either a decoy to allow the others to escape to the camp, or a winding route back into Ardanian territory through the forests. I doubt they'd follow us that far, but I don't know how our horses would fare. We can't really plan without seeing the Derengian territory for ourselves first."

Alice would sigh, reaching back to ruffle her hair. Sweat has caused it to stick to the back of her neck, which she now wiped off. Reaching into the pocket of her breeches, she'd pull out a small length of sting, using it to tie her hair back into a low, short ponytail. The water began to boil off behind her.

--------------------------------------------

Sofi proceeded to relax outside of hers and the princess's tent, changed back into her old clothes and idly playing with one of her summoned 'toys', a small knight in full armor. Using a stick, she was currently engaged in and epic, miniature swordfight. Just as she was disarmed by the tiny knight, she'd glance up and spot Claude coming out of his tent. This fact normally wouldn'tve sent her into an awkward, high-pitched shrill-shrieking panic.. had he not been shirtless and flirting with whoever was in the tent.

Mouth opening and closing, she'd pick up and closest thing to her, in this case a rock, then throw it at him. "Put a shirt on, you idiot! What do you think this is, your house?!"

--------------------------------------------

Nelia grinned as the watched Lance's and the Ardnaian pricness's interaction. How interesting. Her eyes scanned over the camp, spotting a shirtless boy coming out of a tent. Judging by his appearance, they had been.. quite alone.. in there. Odd, but useful. Listening in to the conversations around the camp, it appeared that the adviser had been right. A little band had been sent to the castle. Cute.

Snapping her fingers, another Nelia appeared next to her. A minor copy ability. Smiling at herself, she'd give the other her a small kiss, then tilt his head, silently ordering this other Nelia on her way. While that Nelia went to catch up with the band, Nelia dropped out of the tree and slinked into the tent. A quick throat-slit would silence the naked woman, and Nelia could quietly drag her out the back of the tent, and into the nearby woods, before taking on her form. Clothed, of course. She'd the nsaunter right in to the camp, moving in the direction of Lance's guards.
Molly
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Simply David on Tue 09 Apr 2013, 9:47 pm

"Psh, try it. I don't even like horses," Valery continued being stubborn, "And it isn't about pickiness. You really want to drink water that'll give you little bugs that dig out of your stomach?" She wasn't sure how it worked but she knew that drinking water out in the wilderness was likely to end that way.

-------

Candy was taken aback by how aggressive he was being. How dare he say what she can or can't handle? "Now you listen here, just because you saved my life doesn't give you the right to decide what I can do," her cheeks were red and puffed out, now getting really upset with him.

Simply David
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by GenericSpider on Wed 10 Apr 2013, 1:42 pm

"She's right. Stomach bugs can be a real pain in the ass. Sometimes literally," said Lily.

At that moment, an idea came to her. She quickly reached into her pocket, and pulled out a deck of cards. Really, it was about time she put these cards to use.

"Any of you guys have magical allergies?" she asked. "I don't even know if that's a type of thing; but it can't help to make sure,"

She held up the cards.

"These cards are rather strong magical artifacts. They will allow the holder off any card in the deck to teleport to any other card in the deck," she said.

"These should allow us to meet up rather easily if we get seperated... provided we remain within fifty miles of eachother,"

She sighed, as she held up the cards, and waited to see if her companions took them. She didn't like revealing her trump card to so many people; but felt it would be needed soon.

Go Team Godzilla
GenericSpider

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hot Elfie on Wed 10 Apr 2013, 7:48 pm

Finally regaining conciousnes, Shadow made a painful but still quite audible plead for help, hopefully someone at the camp would notice. "Please… help… me…" she asked, "Please…" She continued trying to crawl to the people (Elves, Dwarves, Humans?). She thought she could grab someone's foot to get their attention. Surely it would work right? Wrong! She imagined that she could get close enough, doubtful.
"Please…" she said again before letting out a soft cough and reaching out with her left arm before going out (cold?) again.
Hot Elfie
Pacifist

Location : In a land where dragons rule… or was it a twisted dream?

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Molly on Thu 11 Apr 2013, 9:26 pm

[Written by Flame, posted by me because fff.]

"You're right, I don't have the right to tell you what to do," Lance leaned back, a bitter half smile, almost a smirk, forming on his lips, "I guess it was too much of me to expect you to have the common sense to leave when you're not needed."

His words were cruel, beyond harsh. All his walls were coming up, distancing him further from the princess. He new it probably wasn't fair of him to say this to her, but it didn't matter. He knew it would be better this way. He wouldn't allow himself to get attached to someone nor would he share his burdens.

----

"Ah, but clothes are so restrictive, Mon Cherie," Claude replied in a light, teasing tone of voice. His eyes twinkling in mirth, "It is so much more refreshing to do without, no? You should give it a try yourself."

----

"Impressive," Arielle admitted, though it was hard to tell if she was truly impressed. Her features remained neutral as ever, "I did not think you would have such a powerful artifact. It will certainly prove useful in our escape."

She stroked the mane of her horse lightly as it drank, before she straightened herself and turned toward auburn haired maid, "Now, tell us how we're getting into Deregnia."

"O-oh," Milano had not expected to be addressed so directly. She fumbled over her words slightly as she tried to find the right way to explain it, "We have to.. uhm... go through a secret passage. Smugglers and illegal slave traders use it to get their wares in and out of the capital. It'll lead us straight to the slums. My old home is there, so... we can stop there to find the appropriate clothing."
Molly
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Molly on Thu 11 Apr 2013, 9:42 pm

After the comment regarded ‘little bugs crawling out of her stomach’, Alice could literally not look any more horrified. Her expression was a mixture of the border of crying and vomiting, but she withheld the urge to do either, instead slowly shifting back over to the boiling water. To watch it. And probably imagine it steadily murdering all the tiny insects in the water that could burrow. Eeuuggh. Not even Lily’s jokes could make the mental image better. It actually made it worse.

Shaking that off as Lily changed the subject, Alice would reach out to take one of the cards, narrowing her eyes at it. “This looks.. familiar- wait.” She turned and glared at Lily. Lock-on. “I found one of these in the bathing-room before.” Well, that explained that. If Lily had been anyone but, well, her, she’d already be throttling her. “Never again. Or I will take those away from you.”

“For now, though, they’re very useful. Good work, Lily,” she said, sounding genuinely appreciative, at least after her initial irritation. Turning to Milano as she spoke, she tried not to let her brows twitch. Thinking about things too hard made a lot of emotions well up. Then, she just outright scowled, a look of disgust. “.. Smugglers and slave traders? Slums? What sort of a place is this Derengia? Does its leaders consist of sociopaths and morons?’

Alice would snort, turning her attention back to the water. Stopping in a slum to change clothes? Great. If smuggling and slave trading was common in this land, the slums were bound to be just as unpleasant. What she wouldn’t give for things to be back to normal..

---------------

Sofi would pick up the tiny knight and look at him for a moment, before she tossed him at Claude. With a little battle-yell, the tiny knight would smack into Claude, jabbing him in the thigh with his sword. It was sharp, but only about the size of a toothpick.

“Shut up, Claude! Pig! Put a shirt on or I’ll let the knight keep jabbing you!”

---------------

Nelia-A would move through the camp, disguised as an elf, she’d walk up to the guard posted next to Lance’s cage, who was currently watching the interaction between Lance and Candy. Giving a smart little wave, Nelia would place her hands behind her back as she approached the guard.

“I’m here to relieve you on the watch.”

---------------

Meanwhile, Nelia-B was traveling through the woods, searching for Arielle's group.
Molly
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Simply David on Sat 13 Apr 2013, 12:51 am

Valery gave Lily an off glance before taking one of the cards. It actually took her a few moments to figure out what Alice had meant by what she said. But before she could comment on it, Arielle had already moved the conversation forward.

Secret passage, eh? Whatever gets them there faster she supposed, "Slaves? Bah. That's disgusting and lazy..." She'd heard of slaves being traded before she got here. She was glad to not be the only one not liking the sound of it, since it turned out that not ALL humans had slaves like she'd heard once, "I'm with the axe-maid on this one. Your leaders are terrible, no surprise you don't look too happy yourself," Valery stated plainly.

---------------------

Candy's eyes widened, both with shock and anger. She'd never been spoken to like this, it was more than enough to set her off at this point, "WHY ARE YOU SO-" she hit the bars to the cage with one of her magic shields, but it obviously didn't do anything. If she were able to reach him, it wouldn't be very good after all, "Well just sit in there for all I care! I just wanted to see if you'd give me an explanation but maybe I don't care any more," she turned around and briskly walked off.

She kept up that attitude for a ways until she found a good spot to sit by herself. After a few moments of steaming at him, she realized what she had done. She'd lost her temper again! Oh no oh no! What did she just do? Well it was his fault! But you didn't have to be so harsh. He didn't either! But why would you say you don't care? Of course you care! Well he's a dumb so it's ok. But it's not ok! You didn't even get his side of the story!

At this point she was holding her face in her hands as she sat, clearly upset to anyone who looked at her. Though it would be hard to tell if she were angry or sad.

Simply David
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by GenericSpider on Sat 13 Apr 2013, 6:54 pm

"Lose those cards and I will never forgive you," said Lily. "Anyway, are there any other ways out of the capitol? In case we can't reach that one?"

--

Polly felt just a bit dirty as she watched the argument unfold. It wasn't her job to get involved in the princess' personal affairs. However, it was her job to protect the princess; which meant not letting her out of her sight.

And so, she continued to follow the princess.

Go Team Godzilla
GenericSpider

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Simply David on Sat 13 Apr 2013, 10:43 pm

(This is Flame's post)

Flame:

Lance watched the princess leave, keeping his expression neutral as she threw a slight tantrum. When she was finally out of earshot, he sighed, "I'm sorry..." It was a mumble, empty words that no one would ever hear. Words he had meant from the bottom of his heart.

----

"Ow!" Claude yelped in pain as the toy soldier poked into him. Not that it really hurt that much, he was over dramatizing it just a bit, "Mon Cherie, I never thought you for the sadistic type. I would put on a shirt but regrettably, my shirt is currently.. not in the best of states, unless you would give me yours, I will have to go... ah... shirtless."

----

"You do not know the half of it..." Milano stated, her voice low and soft, almost like it was a sigh. But it was very clearly audible.

"The slums..." Arielle mused. She had seen this place a few times. One does not live so close to Deregnia and not know of all it's sides, "It's not a pleasant place. We'll be seeing the worst of humanity. You say you used to live there?"

Milano nodded, wrapping her arms around her body, almost as if she was covering herself or protecting herself. She didn't say anything further and Arielle did not pry further. It seemed to be a touchy subject for the woman. The elf did not blame her. If the slums were still like she remembered it, then there was good reason to avoid talking about it.

Simply David
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Molly on Sun 14 Apr 2013, 1:35 pm

"Our other way out of the capital is run and improvise, I suppose."

Alice stood, and proceeded to start filling everyone's canteens and such with the boiled water. Attaching them back to the horses, she would adjust her clothing into a more presentable state.

"Valery, you have the capacity to create explosives, I assume?"

Alice would step up and hop onto her horse, scratching the animal behind one of its ears. Explosives placed the right way could be helpful. And perhaps they could destroy this smuggling and slave trading passage when they were done with it. That would be entertaining.

"Regardless, we don't have time to sit here. We don't know what they're doing to lady Lyra at that place."

Looking to Valery, she'd motion at the dwarf.

"Ride with me this time. I'd like to speak with you. Lily, you take the free horse for now, alright?"

--------------------------

After taking over the guarding of the cage, Nelia-A would glance over to Lance, smirking somewhat.

"Quite the ladies-man, aren't you Lance?"

----------------------------

Nalia-B would smirk as she finally caught up with Arielle's group, sitting perching in a nearby tree as she watched them. While her other self was dealing with recovering Lance, it was her job, and pleasure, to mess with this.. 'raiding group'.

While she new her master didn't particularly care if Lyra was recovered or not, delaying this little group would give him more time to plot and the like. And messing with these people was bound to be fun.

---------------------------

Sofi would scowl at Claude and hold otu her hand. The little knight would withdraw his blade and scamper over, hopping up onto her palm.

"Then stay away from me. Hnph."

---------------------------

Marlene had given up on keeping up with Stealth!Polly as she followed the princess, and was back at the tent as Candy returned. Closing a book she was reading, the witch would walk over to the princess and place her hand on her back in what she'd hope was a comforting manner.

"Trouble in love, little flower?"

Last edited by Molly on Sun 14 Apr 2013, 9:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Molly
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Simply David on Sun 14 Apr 2013, 8:22 pm

"By run and improvise, you mean beat the hell out of anyone that comes close to us on the way out," Valery smirked, that was definitely how she'd do it at least.

"No dwarf worth her salt would answer no to that question," Valery responded to Alice. She had to wonder what she had in mind for them though. At the mention of Lyra possibly being hurt though, Valery narrowed her eyes very tightly but said nothing. If those Derangians knew better they'd not be doing a damn thing.

She stood and prepared to leave as well. When Alice asked her to ride with her, she was a bit suspicious but shrugged, "Sure, why not," on the inside, she was quite happy to not have to ride a horse by herself any more. She wouldn't say so, however. She made her way up the horse and behind Alice, putting her hands on Alice's sides for balance. She forgot she'd have to hold Alice to stay on, but it didn't really bother her much.

--------

Candy glanced over and noticed Sofi and Claude being weird. It'd probably strike her as cute if she weren't all bothered right now. Speaking of bothered, though, Marlene decided to say something really weird.

"W-wh-what? Love? No way!" Right on the money, "I just, I mean, he's so frustrating!" she stated, deciding to confide a bit in Marlene for some reason, though still denying that love had anything to do with it. Obviously it had nothing to do with her current issue.

Simply David
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by GenericSpider on Tue 16 Apr 2013, 11:11 pm

"So, what do we do with Lyra once we've rescued her?" said Lily. "I mean, Olivia will probably either try to kidnap her again, or send an army to bring her back,"

She paused. She hated having all this semi-serious dialouge. She really hoped that She'd be able to avoid serious plot-developements after Lyra was safely...wherever they were going to deposit her.

--

After realizing that the princess was headed in Marlene's direction; Polly decided to stop following her.

Surely Marlene could watch the princess. After a moment of thought, she decided to check on the prisoner. Though she doubted he would need checking up on; it would give her something to do. Something better than sitting around and worrying about what was going to happen next, anyway.

And so, she walked slowly towards Lance's cage.

Go Team Godzilla
GenericSpider

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by NazrinTsunMouse on Thu 18 Apr 2013, 5:37 pm

After she had gotten her water ready and put away, Arielle pulled the horse from the streaming water and climbed on it's back. She then motioned for Milano to come over and pulled her on up the horse.

"I will have to take her out of Deregnia territory," The eld answered, turning her head to Alice and Lily, "I hope it will not be too much to ask of your kingdom to bring her there for safe keeping."

----

"Are you really so adverse to me being shirtless, mon cheri?" Claude asked. He then shrugged, "Very well, I'll be back in a moment."

He walked off from the summoner girl. True to his words, he was only gone for a short time before coming back, donning a vest that was clearly elven in design. The were no sleeves on the vest and it was not one that could be buttoned up, so you could still see some of his chest. He had more than likely charmed an elf out of his clothing, knowing the lad. "Is this better?"

---

"Nelia..." Lance's voice was low and hostile, he should have known the woman would be coming for him. While her form was clearly someone elses, he knew for a fact that this could have only been one person, "Took you long enough."

Even as he said this, he didn't actually mean it. He wanted her to leave, leave him to his one chance at freedom. But even he knew that was too good to be true. He spotted someone in the distance and looked past the shapeshifter, noticing one of those Ardanian knights approaching them, "We've got company."

Back to top Go down

Post by Molly on Thu 18 Apr 2013, 6:47 pm

"Really, it would be better if you could convince your leader to move your people further into Ardanian territory," Alice would help Valery onto the horse as she spoke. "If Derengia is looking for a war, your people don't have a proper army. They may wipe you out, due to proximity."

"I'd rather that not happen, considering we are allies. And if that is not plausible, then at least taking in lady Lyra should not be an issue."

Alice sighed heavily. it was good that she had started reading some of the books the princess had to read. Ones on politics. They nearly bored her to tears, but ever since she had heard of the sudden hostility from Derengia, she'd be trying to read up.

Battle and tactics, she knew. How to keep countries from arguing and encouraging fair trade? No clue. If only she could just go back home and help with the royal guard, but her skills were needed here for a moment, so she'd persevere.

-------------------------

Sofi still looked somewhat wary, but at least it was something. Really, walking around shirtless when you were a guest amongst another people?What a moooooron.

"A little, I guess."

Marlene gave the princess a knowing smile, be didn't comment any further on the idea of love. instead, she continued to stand next to her, gently patting her back in a supportive manner.

"I doubt he meant any real harm. I mean, Ardania and Derengia aren't on the best of terms right now. Maybe he just doesn't want to get clsoe to Ardanians with things so uncertain?"

Nelia would grin widely at Lance's recognition. How sweet, he'd made sucha good impression on him that he could just recognize her by her personality. Little brat. She'd reach out to inspect the magical shield around the cage, brushing her fingers along it slowly. A bit beyond her power, but this is why the adviser had provided her with a spell for this. A powerful magical circle inscribed on parchment.

When the time came, it would work nicely. For now, there were people to dissuade, it seemed. "Don't worry 'milord', my charm will handle it."

As Pollinore approached, Nelia's eyes seemed to change, the pupils slitting somewhat. It was like her aura was different. It wasn't much different than the Silvetongue's vocal ability, but it seemed to resonate from her whole body. Succubi possessed supernatural charisma and sensuality, and she planned to use it.

"Well, hello there. You're one of our Ardania visitors, yes? I wasn't aware their knights were so handsome."
Molly
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Simply David on Fri 19 Apr 2013, 2:45 pm

Candy looked at Marlene, then down at her own lap, "Yeah, I suppose so. But I had hoped we'd be able to talk," She sighed, trying to reclaim her calm, "Why are men so stubborn anyway?" She looked at Marlene as she asked this age-old question.

-----

Valery shrugged, not having much to add to this particular part of the conversation. She wondered what kind of enemy they may face during the upcoming situations.

Simply David
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by GenericSpider on Fri 19 Apr 2013, 6:47 pm

When Polly saw the woman's eyes, she reached for her sword. However, the moment the elf began to speak; she forgot why she'd reached for the weapon.

The elf's voice radiated trustworthiness. And what a beautiful voice she had. Surely someone so wonderful could be fully trusted. The only odd thing about this person was her eyes...her eyes that had changed the moment she turned her head to face Polly. Her eyes that didn't look elven at all.

Polly drew her sword.

--
"In any case, we're definately going to be at war with Derrengia when this is over," said Lily. "Well, I can't say I've ever kicked off a war before. Definately a first for me,"

Go Team Godzilla
GenericSpider

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by NazrinTsunMouse on Sun 21 Apr 2013, 9:10 pm

Lance wasn't sure what to do in this situation. Not that he could do anything. He was trapped in this cage after all. He gritted his teeth, waiting for whatever was to come next.

----

"Good, I would not want to upset you too much, Mon cherie," Claude replied with a smile before looking around. He spotted the princess with a green haired woman. He remembered her from around town, she owned a book shop was it? She also had that handsome brother. It didn't seem he had came with her though. A real shame. It was then that he remembered what the elf he borrowed the vest from had told him and turned back to Sofi, "Ah, it seems that we will be staying here a bit longer than expected."

----

Shadow had grabbed onto one of the elves doing their daily routine. The elf quickly called for help and the woman was taken to a tent where she would be cared for.

----

(TAIMU SKIPPU)

Hours had passed and they were already reaching the end of the hidden passage. They had left the horses outside the passage because it was too narrow for them to bring them. Milano had spoke less and less as they neared the slums, only directing them where they needed to go. Finally they made it out, the passage opening to an alley way, hidden behind piles of trash and filth. The putrid smell was strong, the kind of smell that burned the hairs in your nostrils.

"Follow me, quickly," Milano directed, seemingly unfazed by the smell. She led them out of the alley way and were met with a sad sight.

Men, women, and children dressed in rags, loitering the streets. Some of the children were approaching strangers and begging for food. There were also tough looking thugs walking about and the occasional prostitute calling out to potential customers. One said prostitute approached Milano and the group.

Arielle's hand twitched towards her sword, but instantly relaxed when the woman had merely hugged Milano gave her a kiss on the cheek, "Millie, dear, where have you been?" The prostitute asked she then stepped back to admire the girl, "My, look how you've grown, just as pretty as your mother. Good thing you don't work the streets or you'd be stealing all my costumers like she did."

"Ah, Miss Carol, I really need to get going," She fidgeted slightly, glancing around. She did not wanted to be spotted out here before she could get the group proper disguises. It was then that 'Miss Carol' finally looked past Milano and noticed the group behind her.

"What an interesting bunch, would any of them be interested in some.. ah services?" At this Arielle sent a pointed glare at the woman that made her step back, "I suppose not. Well, I won't take up anymore of your time Milano. Tell that handsome brother of yours to stop by my place sometime." She left with a wink.

"I... ....," Milano tried very hard to shake that mental image out of her head," L-let's get going."

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 16 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15, 16  Next