Random Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Creator 
Admins 

World Tournament- Shonen-styled RPG

3 posters

Go down

World Tournament- Shonen-styled RPG Empty World Tournament- Shonen-styled RPG

Post by White Mage Slave Fri 13 Jun 2014, 7:13 pm

[GM POST]

"ALRIIIIIIGHT LADIES AND GENTLEWORMS," a loud voice can be heard yelling over the noise in the arena waiting room, "IT'S OFFICIALLY TIME TO GET STARTED WITH THE PRELIMINARIES OF THE MODNAR WORLD TOURNAMENT!" 

Everyone turns, and can see a large, bald woman in gladiator armor shouting on top of a stand. "THERE ARE WAY TOO MANY OF YOU BASTARDS FOR ME TO EVEN BOTHER REMEMBERING YOUR NAMES RIGHT NOW, SO WHEN YOUR BLOCK LETTER IS CALLED, GET INTO THE RING AND KNOCK YOUR OPPONENTS DEAD! ....WELL, WE'D PREFER IT IF YOU LEFT THEM ALIVE ACTUALLY, SO WE'LL HAVE TO PENALIZE YOU IF YOU KILL YOUR OPPONENTS ON PURPOSE! THE GENERAL IDEA IS TO RING THEM OUT, KNOCK THEM UNCONSCIOUS, OR MAKE THEM CRY UNCLE! OR AUNT, OR MY PERSONAL FAVORITE, MOMMY!"

"BUT WE SHOULDN'T DELAY ANY LONGER, HUH?! PEOPLE IN A-BLOCK, GET OUT INTO THAT ARENA AND SHOW EVERYONE WHAT YOU'VE GOT! ANYONE STILL STANDING WHEN WE CALL TIME GETS INTO THE TOURNAMENT! NOW MOVE IT!"

Loud cheers erupt all around you. With the high ceilings and arched halls, this area seems to have been built to hold way more people than are here even now. An iron gate opens nearby, allowing anyone in "A-Block" to go on ahead and fight for the crowd.

[Amongst yourselves, pick one of your two characters to go into A-block, the others can spectate.]
White Mage Slave
White Mage Slave
Trap Princess

Award : Most Successful Trap

Back to top Go down

World Tournament- Shonen-styled RPG Empty Re: World Tournament- Shonen-styled RPG

Post by GenericSpider Fri 13 Jun 2014, 10:54 pm

Jeanette stepped through the gate; and grinned. She couldn't believe she hadn't thought of joining a martial arts tournament years ago. Not only would she get to punch people in the face; but she'd get applauded for it!

She stepped into the arena, and got into a fighting stance.

"So, who's going to be my punching bag today?"
GenericSpider
GenericSpider

Back to top Go down

World Tournament- Shonen-styled RPG Empty Re: World Tournament- Shonen-styled RPG

Post by Simply David Mon 16 Jun 2014, 1:26 pm

Vera looked around in wonder. So many people here, she just wasn't used to it. The crowds, the other gladiators... there was just too much. Trying to fight back her blush as someone invariably called her too short to praticipate, she quickly made her way into the arena.

She would have to stay brave. After all, Anton was watching, and she would hate to disappoint her teacher. This was going to be a big battle, it seemed. She'd have to choose her opponents carefully and not get tired out. She took a deep breath, calming herself, and then looked on with determination as the air around her grew slightly colder. 

-

Meanwhile, in the stands where the contestants stood waiting and watching the arena, Krotud nodded, "Seems like a good fight down there. I am not sure how humans fight, this will be interesting..." 

From behind him, a large bear- wait, a wolf? No, it's a bearwolf, and it dropped down to where the other gladiators were waiting, "Ah yes, is this where the contestants watch from? I was told to stay here to avoid causing distress to the audience,"

"As a matter of fact, yes it is," Krotud answered.

"Good, wouldn't want to miss out on Vera's performance," The bearwolf had an expression that almost looked like a smile as he strode to the edge of the balcony, looking down at the gladiators.
Simply David
Simply David
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by White Mage Slave Mon 16 Jun 2014, 3:02 pm

Regn smiled as he positioned himself in the arena, waiting for the okay signal to start. With his white robes and long blonde hair, he really stood out from everyone else, many of them with brutish forms and heavy armor. A few of them even seemed to be focusing on him right now, hoping for easy prey.

He'd be sorry to disappoint them, but life is always full of surprises.

---

Ruby walked purposefully towards the combatant spectator area. It wasn't that she enjoyed watching others fight, but she hoped to at least get a grasp of what her opponent's abilities were before she took them down.

Before she could see the fighters, she could see a goblin with a dragon skull on his person. Her blood boiled for a moment, but she let it pass. If they were in the same arena, she could have her fight then. For now, it was best to play nice.
White Mage Slave
White Mage Slave
Trap Princess

Back to top Go down

Post by White Mage Slave Mon 16 Jun 2014, 3:23 pm

[GM Post]

A different announcer, way up in the stands, could be heard shouting over the crowds, his voice amplified by a small device in his hands. "IT'S TIIIIIIME! IT'S WHAT WE'VE ALL BEEN WAITING FOR, THE PRELIMINARIES OF THE 42ND MODNAR WORLD TOURNAMENT, THE FIGHT TO END ALL FIGHTS, TO PROVE ONCE AND FOR ALL WHO IS THE BEST OF THE BEST! IN FRONT OF YOU ARE OVER 100 FIGHTERS WHO WANT TO TAKE THAT TITLE! BECAUSE WE NEED TO NARROW IT DOWN TO HAVE PROPER FIGHTS, WE'RE HAVING A BATTLE ROYALE IN THIS ARENA! AS YOU CAN SEE, THE ARENA IS THAT CIRCLE IN THE MIDDLE! SURROUNDING IT, A MOAT! IF YOU FALL INTO THE WATER, OR IF YOUR FEET TOUCH GROUND THAT IS NOT THE ARENA, YOU LOSE! IF YOU FALL UNCONSCIOUS, OR IF YOU JUST CAN'T GET UP ANYMORE, YOU LOSE! WHOEVER IS STILL STANDING WHEN I SAY STOP GETS TO MOVE ON TO THE NEXT PORTION OF THE TOURNAMENT!"

For those who could see him, he stood up, his cape flowing in whatever wind was up that high. "NOW THEN, ARE YOU READY FOR A FIGHT?!" Loud cheering could be heard from the crowd. "*I SAID*, ARE YOU READY FOR A *FIGHT?!*" The cheering got even louder, and even a lot of the fighters were doing it. "A BLOCK! YOU HEARD THE CROWD! FIGHT WITH EVERYTHING YOU'VE GOT! STARTING.... NOW!" He smashed a hammer into a gong, the true starting signal for the tournament.

[Several fighters have surrounded each of you, seeming to take you as either easy prey or people to not be underestimated. Combat, START!]

[Enemies have rolled for initiative! Against Jeanette, 3; against Vera and Regn, 10 each! Ouch. They go first against you two no matter what now.]

ROUND 1- VERA & REGN VS WARRIORS!
Two warriors rush Vera with their blades! [Two successes!] Meanwhile, only one seems to rush in against Regn! [One Success!] 

[This attack is defended with Brawn]
White Mage Slave
White Mage Slave
Trap Princess

Back to top Go down

Post by White Mage Slave Mon 16 Jun 2014, 3:37 pm

Regn tilts his head as one person comes at him. "Oh? Is that all? I'm surprised, really." [One point defense, two successes.] He effortlessly dodges the attack, and raises up a hand, electricity crackling around his palm. "Thundorbolt."

[12d10 attack, 5 successes.] [Enemies have 2 successes in defense.]

The guy who charged is blasted away, as well as two others who were behind him. A couple of fighters further away see the blast coming and get out of the way. This attracts the attention of people around him, and Regn smiles a little. "Now will you take this a little more seriously?"

[Regn's power is now 7, and he has one victory point.]
White Mage Slave
White Mage Slave
Trap Princess

Back to top Go down

Post by Simply David Mon 16 Jun 2014, 6:11 pm

Vera hesitated for only a moment once the gong was rung, then noticed people were surrounding her. With a smirk, she looked them over, thoroughly unimpressed, "Oho? Well aren't we daring..."

[One point defense, 4 successes.]

Vera seemed unimpressed as she waded through the enemies, making so few movements it almost seemed a wonder she was avoiding attacks, "You will have to do much better than that," 

[21d10 rolled 11 succeses.] [Enemies have 1 success in defense]

"You're all really just ants before a blizzard, you know," reaching up her hand, she cried out, "PIERCE!" a flurry of icicles flew about, striking an entire 10 people in the legs, leaving them on the ground and knocked out for sure. Vera pushed some of her hair from her face, "I really expected more out of this,"

[Vera's power is now 6, and she has a single victory point.]
Simply David
Simply David
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GenericSpider Mon 16 Jun 2014, 11:01 pm

Jeanette sighed as a bunch of small fries began to surround her. She wasn't sure why they'd all decided to gang up on her; but she didn't really care either. She sincerely hoped these clowns weren't the best this tournament had to offer.

She decided, in the spirit of fairness, to let them go first.

"So...you guys gonna fight me or what?"

[Enemies roll 4d10, 2 successes.] [Jeanette used 2 power and rolled 8d10 for defense. 5 successes. Power is now 8]

The enemies rushed towards Jeanette; but she managed to easily dodge their attacks. These guys were definitely not going to be a challenge. She would have to take them all down quickly. Save someone else the trouble of crushing their dreams.

She got into a stance, and focused her energy into her elbow. A jet of flame erupted behind it; sending her fist flying at the enemies.  

[Jeanette used "Rocket Roundhouse". Rolled 24d10; 15 successes] [Enemies rolled 1 success]

As the enemies had been stupid enough to rush her all at once; Jeanette had the opportunity to take several of them down with one punch.

Several of her "opponents" were sent flying through the air; till they either hit the ground, the wall, or the people who had been fortunate enough to be just out of range of attack.

She turned to face the one fighter within punching range of her that had managed to avoid her attack. She wasn't sure how he'd managed it; but didn't really care. Perhaps he was actually a decent fighter hiding out among a group of small fries?

There was one way to find out. She started to walk towards him; grinning somewhat maniacally.

"So, did you dodge that, or are you just loaded with dumb luck?" she asked.
[power is now 4]
GenericSpider
GenericSpider

Back to top Go down

Post by White Mage Slave Mon 16 Jun 2014, 11:22 pm

[GM Post]

"Did you see that folks?! So many tournament hopefuls sent flying! Lightning blasts, fire punches, ice spears- people who come here with just a sword and shield are in for a major surprise! The Modnar World Tournament is a no-holds-barred contest, so anything from magicians to demons can show up here to prove that they're stronger than you, and can use anything they see fit to do it!"

More of the warriors started lining up to fight the ones who just proved they were no pushovers, and even more started charging all at once. However, only the one warrior stood in front of Jeanette, the others scared to make a move after a show of force of that magnitude. "W-why don't I show you?!"

A pair of older men charge at Vera, seemingly confident in their abilities with their swords.

The men around Regn still seem confident despite the thunder blast, and charge in all at once.

[The man attacking Jeanette gets two successes. The men attacking Vera get four successes. The men attacking Regn get four successes. Defend with Brawn.]
White Mage Slave
White Mage Slave
Trap Princess

Back to top Go down

Post by White Mage Slave Mon 16 Jun 2014, 11:32 pm

[Regn spends two power, gets five successes dodging.]

Regn flows between the blades of his enemies, smiling the entire time. "Wow, it almost feels like you guys are trying now!" He raised up his hand again, attack at the ready. "Thundorbolt!" Another three went flying, and the warriors backed off this time, unsure of themselves. "Hmm, maybe I should go pick my own fights..."

[4 successes, enemy rolled 1 success. 3 power left.]
White Mage Slave
White Mage Slave
Trap Princess

Back to top Go down

Post by Simply David Mon 16 Jun 2014, 11:36 pm

Vera sighs as she looks over at a couple of the other fighters that were putting on a show. She saw one girl launch a whole horde of men with a single punch. She thought of walking towards them, but instead two men charge her with nothing but swords once more. She put on a mocking face, "I won't lose to some old men," she says nonchalantly with a cold smirk.

[Vera spends one power defending, only one success]

As she tried to avoid the blades, they actually landed their marks, leaving her with some cuts all around, "Agh, careless..." she backflipped away, preparing both hands up for a counter attack, "PIERCE!"

[21d10 for attack, 7 successes][The two old men get 2 defense successes]

A set of seven solid spears of ice launched themselves at her targets, striking hard and leaving deep wounds in the pair of men. They won't be getting back up, "Hah, what's wrong? I thought you had me!" she breathed deeply, wincing a little at her pain but she certainly wasn't going to let something so small get her.

[Vera's power is now 2, and she has two victory points] [incidentally, the mooks have 1?]
Simply David
Simply David
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by White Mage Slave Tue 17 Jun 2014, 12:13 am

[GM Post]

"Ohh! The ice girl is BRUTAL, piercing her foes as easily as you would a piece of steak! Thundermage over there seems to be just as good at dodging as they are blasting people! And, what's this?"

A loud howl rang through the arena, and men started flying left and right. "A werewolf! Haven't seen one of those here in years! They usually don't have the guts to appear in public! YOU GO WEREWOLF! And, what's this? All of those people seem to have collapsed for no reason around that woman! Folks better be careful, I smell magic in the air!" A bright light started filling the arena, and the announcer had to shield his eyes. "H-Holy Smokes! It seems we have a priestess of the sun goddess Solana on the field! This tournament really does attract all kinds!"

A larger man appears before Vera, in heavier armor than the others. "Ho, you're no ordinary child... but I, a knight of Yalpelor, shall not go down so easily!"

A female knight stood up to Regn, spear in hand. "Let's see you handle my Spear of Emina!"

[Both of these opponents roll 4 successes on an offense technique.]
White Mage Slave
White Mage Slave
Trap Princess

Back to top Go down

Post by Simply David Tue 17 Jun 2014, 12:22 am

[Vera used 2 power to defend, with 5 successes]

Vera raised an eyebrow, "That armor probably won't do you too good," as he attacked, she evaded with speed, only barely making it this time. She breathed deeply once more, the fight starting to catch up to her, "Try again~" she laughed at him, though if she was being honest she was just biding her time.

[Vera uses this round to recharge, putting her at 5 power precisely]
Simply David
Simply David
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by White Mage Slave Tue 17 Jun 2014, 12:25 am

[Regn spends one power dodging, gets three successes. Victory Point to enemy.]

Regn sidesteps again, but the spear seems to change trajectory without the user moving, and it scratches his arm. The woman smirks. "Heh, weren't expecting that, were you?"

Regn simply places a hand on the spear shaft in response. "Thundorbolt." The bolt travels down the spear, sending her flying once it gets to her. Regn puts his hand on his scratch to get it to stop bleeding sooner. "Hm. I should be more careful..."

[Regn gets four successes, enemy only gets one. Victory point, Regn wins the encounter.]

A lot of the warriors were now simply leaving Regn alone. "Hmm. Guess I should go pick a fight... standing around doesn't really suit me much."

Last edited by White Mage Slave on Tue 17 Jun 2014, 12:30 am; edited 1 time in total
White Mage Slave
White Mage Slave
Trap Princess

Back to top Go down

Post by White Mage Slave Tue 17 Jun 2014, 12:28 am

[GM Post]

ROUND 4 VERA VS WARRIORS

The big knight stands his ground himself. "Hmph! I'll get you yet!" Meanwhile, the lesser entries have started picking off each other instead of going after the big fish.

[Vera's foe uses Recharge.]
White Mage Slave
White Mage Slave
Trap Princess

Back to top Go down

Post by Simply David Tue 17 Jun 2014, 12:36 am

Vera circled around the heavily armored foe, waiting for her chance. Spotting an opening, she quickly called out, "Ice, PIERCE!" she fired off a stream of icicles. No matter what he did, it didn't seem as if he would be able to stop the assault.

[11 successes vs 4, victory point and the win goes to Vera!]

The armored foe was quickly taken down, laying in a pile of ice. Vera breathed a sigh of relief. Looking around, it seemed as though there weren't many people left...
Simply David
Simply David
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GenericSpider Tue 17 Jun 2014, 5:40 pm

[Jeanette used 1 power and rolled 3 successes. Power is now 3]

Jeanette sidestepped the attack; letting the man stumble past her. It seemed the man wasn't much of a threat after all. She sighed with disappointment. Oh well, she might as well at least try to make this interesting.

"Gee, I'm sorry," said Jeanette. "I wasn't aware I was fighting an old lady... maybe I should let you try that again on account of your advanced age..."

She then spread open her arms, in a mocking gesture.

"Come on, try and hit me again! If you've got the balls for it,"

[Jeanette recharged. Power is now at 8]
GenericSpider
GenericSpider

Back to top Go down

Post by White Mage Slave Fri 20 Jun 2014, 6:18 pm

[GM POST]

The man looks seriously pissed now. "Why you...! I was saving this, but..."

A bright aura surrounded the man as he held his sword out in front of him. "ULTIMATE TECHNIQUE: GOLDEN!! SLASH!!!! FINISHERRRRR!" He leaps forward, the light blinding all those who can see it as he charges with much greater speed than he had before.

[8 Successes]
White Mage Slave
White Mage Slave
Trap Princess

Back to top Go down

Post by GenericSpider Fri 20 Jun 2014, 6:51 pm

[Jeanette used 4 points to defend. 12 successes. Power is now 4]

Jeanette caught the man's arm; just as the finger was inches from her face. So, the man was capable of using Ki. If he'd put a bit more practice into it; he could have been a threat to her.

"It was a nice attempt," she said, sounding oddly sincere. "But you really need to learn to use your power for something besides one strong attack,"

She then pulled back her fist. She'd given this man enough chances to impress her; and he'd failed at every turn. Maybe with some training he'd become a fighter worth remembering.

"Come back next year," she said, as a jet of flame erupted behind her arm; launching her fist towards his face.

[Jeanette used Rocket Roundhouse. 10 successes][Mook made 0 rolls for defense]

Her fist slammed into the man; launching him towards the audience. Several people scurried out of the way as he slammed into their seats.

"What kind of idiot bets an entire battle on one attack?" muttered Jeanette.
GenericSpider
GenericSpider

Back to top Go down

Post by White Mage Slave Fri 20 Jun 2014, 11:26 pm

[GM POST]

"WHOA! WHAT A KNOCKOUT! OUR OWN LITTLE FIREFIST THERE IS CERTAINLY NO PUSHOVER! IT LOOKS LIKE WE'RE REACHING THE END OF BLOCK A, FOLKS! ONLY SIX PEOPLE REMAIN, AND THE JUDGES STILL HAVEN'T CALLED TIME! WHO WILL BE LEFT STANDING?!"

The werewolf approaches Jeanette, confident in its own abilities. "Hahahaha! You sure showed them, huh? But... I won't be easy prey!"

A woman approaches Vera, and with her flowing black hair and hourglass figure, she looked like she belonged more on a stage than in an arena. "Magic is so useful, isn't it? It can make men bow down to us when brute force just doesn't cut it..."

The priestess of Solana approaches Regn. "Hmm... you... you worship Thundor, do you not? The Sun vs The Storm... this should be interesting indeed."

[[NEW FIGHT! Start this new battle with 5 more energy than you finished your last one at. ROLL FOR INITIATIVE!]]

[[Werewolf rolls 8. Sorceress rolls 2. Priestess rolls 8.]]
White Mage Slave
White Mage Slave
Trap Princess

Back to top Go down

Post by White Mage Slave Fri 20 Jun 2014, 11:28 pm

[[Regn rolls a 9 for initiative! He goes first!]]

Regn raises his hands to the sky for a moment, smiling. "It's certainly an interesting thing to think about, but... our own selves are being tested more than our gods, wouldn't you say?"

[[Regn used Recharge, and now has 10 energy.]]

Last edited by White Mage Slave on Tue 01 Jul 2014, 1:22 am; edited 1 time in total
White Mage Slave
White Mage Slave
Trap Princess

Back to top Go down

Post by GenericSpider Tue 24 Jun 2014, 10:52 pm

Jeanette grinned as the werewolf stalked towards her; not looking at all worried. In fact, she was excited at the prospect of fighting a werewolf. Next time her grandfather told her that old story about how he wrestled a vampire; she'd be able to counter that she'd punched a werewolf in the face.

"Won't be easy prey, huh?" she said. "You might want to work on the one-liners,"

[Jeanette rolls 6 for initiative]
GenericSpider
GenericSpider

Back to top Go down

Post by Simply David Sat 28 Jun 2014, 1:59 pm

Vera blushed uncharacteristically for a moment, but tried to keep cool, "W-what do you mean, make men bow?" She shook her head, trying to clear her thoughts. This was an arena! "I think we should just focus on the fight!"

[Vera rolls 1 for initiative, because she isn't allowed to go first every fight]

Though she was able to clear her head and pay attention, she could see she wasn't going to hit first...
Simply David
Simply David
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down