Log in

I forgot my password

Creator 
Admins 

DND Adventure

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

DND Adventure

Post by White Mage Slave on Mon 10 Nov 2014, 4:45 pm

REFERENCE MASTERPOST

Though there isn't exactly a plot in mind, there is some interest in having a DND adventure. I will list a bunch of the stuff to look at before you bring your character into play! To make a character in the first place, click here. d20srd.org is great for quick references to all you need. If you want to take a thorough reading of source material, however, http://www.danddweekly.com/guides1.html has a lot of pdfs for your viewing pleasure.

Do note, however, that all you really need to know is how your character functions and how to attack people. The DM will teach you what you need to do as you go along! Before long, you'll remember more rules than you ever wished to learn.

SPECIFIC MECHANIC REFERENCES
http://www.d20srd.org/srd/theBasics.htm - The Very Basics of playing DND
http://www.d20srd.org/indexes/equipment.htm -Inventory references! You should probably go shopping before you head out. I will be a lenient GM and give you like 100 GP to work with.
http://www.d20srd.org/indexes/combat.htm - Combat stuff. It's... simpler than it looks I swear...
http://www.d20srd.org/indexes/magicOverview.htm - If you're a magic user, look through the parts that apply to you.
http://www.d20srd.org/indexes/carryingMovementExploration.htm -How to move around and stuff.
http://www.d20srd.org/index.htm - if you can't find whatever, here's the main page for you to start your search.
avatar
White Mage Slave
Trap Princess

Award : Most Successful Trap
Posts : 465
Points : 3577
Join date : 2010-07-30
Age : 28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: DND Adventure

Post by White Mage Slave on Mon 10 Nov 2014, 5:02 pm

[GM POST]

Today's just going wonderful for you. Somehow, you've managed to land yourself in the town prison. At least you have your fellow prisoners for company, and they seem to be interesting enough company. Maybe you should introduce yourselves to pass the time.
avatar
White Mage Slave
Trap Princess

Award : Most Successful Trap
Posts : 465
Points : 3577
Join date : 2010-07-30
Age : 28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: DND Adventure

Post by Simply David on Mon 10 Nov 2014, 5:49 pm

In the jail cell, there was a minotaur wearing tight fitting, but flashy clothing. At the moment, he seemed very angry, roaring as he grabbed onto the bars of the cell, "EL ENGANO! I should not be here!" He flexed his muscles while pulling at the iron bars. He managed to make them bend somewhat, not enough to mean anything but it certainly made a point.

__________________

Have you seen this girl's bear Tibbers?
avatar
Simply David
Admin


Posts : 2258
Points : 5478
Join date : 2010-11-27
Age : 27
Location : Oklahoma

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: DND Adventure

Post by White Mage Slave on Mon 10 Nov 2014, 6:16 pm

A girl in a jail cell across from him seemed somewhat startled by the display, but regained her composure. "Hey, keep it down! You don't want them to decide killing you would be easier than keeping you here, do you?"

[Diplomacy Roll: 6, +7, = 13]
avatar
White Mage Slave
Trap Princess

Award : Most Successful Trap
Posts : 465
Points : 3577
Join date : 2010-07-30
Age : 28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: DND Adventure

Post by Simply David on Mon 10 Nov 2014, 6:23 pm

[Counter roll: 1d20, result is 20]

"LET THEM TRY IT!" He roared, bending the bars just a bit further, "They should fear the great Midas! My name will be spread throughout the lands!" He snorted loudly, then banged on the bars once more for emphasis.

__________________

Have you seen this girl's bear Tibbers?
avatar
Simply David
Admin


Posts : 2258
Points : 5478
Join date : 2010-11-27
Age : 27
Location : Oklahoma

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: DND Adventure

Post by GenericSpider on Mon 10 Nov 2014, 6:43 pm

"Uh, sir?" said a voice.

Near the back of the cell sat a halfling girl with red hair. She seemed to have a few minor bruises; as if she'd just been in a brawl.

"Can you calm down a bit? I'm sure we'll get out of here soon," she said.

(roll for diplomacy: (11) + 2 = 13)

__________________
In a world torn between Team Edward, and Team Jacob, I have one thing to say:

Go Team Godzilla
avatar
GenericSpider
Moderator


Posts : 2219
Points : 5551
Join date : 2010-08-07
Age : 28
Location : Your mom's house

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: DND Adventure

Post by Simply David on Mon 10 Nov 2014, 6:56 pm

[Counter Roll: (9) + 3 = 12]

"Hmph," Midas turned his head back towards the girl who had spoken to him. This one was actually in the same cell as him, so he walked towards her. He gave her a snort, "Very well," he said simply. 

He was mostly tired out at this point anyway. Seemed the guards weren't even going to respond to him. He'd give them a piece of his mind later. For now, it was bad sportsmanship to keep rampaging. What sort of Luchador complains after a loss? He pressed a hand against the cell wall to his left, seeming to be deep in thought but really he was just breathing deeply to try to keep himself composed. This was similar to when he would be in the corner of the ring, before a match...

__________________

Have you seen this girl's bear Tibbers?
avatar
Simply David
Admin


Posts : 2258
Points : 5478
Join date : 2010-11-27
Age : 27
Location : Oklahoma

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: DND Adventure

Post by Tom on Mon 10 Nov 2014, 7:22 pm

A slim body smelling vaguely of booze stirred in the corner of the cell adjacent to the incensed minotaur. "Easy there, big guy," he mumbled, mainly for himself as it was not loud enough for the minotaur to hear. "What happened last night?" Fox wondered out loud, picking himself up from the cold stone floor and discovering he had lost his trousers, socks and shoes. "Oh not again," he groaned.

The slender man looked up and observed his nice and dimly lit surroundings. A cell. "Ohhhh, not again," he groaned once more, before dragging himself to the bars in an almost resigned manner, like he was sick of doing this. He then reached for the pocket that belonged to a guard who was walking away from the noisy minotaur's cell.

(sleight of hand roll: (14) + 6 = 20)

__________________

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5774249/1/

"...his brain was much larger and developed because he was a male bear, and thus far superior to a female of any race."
avatar
Tom
Growing Demon

Award : The Most Annoying
Posts : 737
Points : 3893
Join date : 2010-07-27
Age : 23
Location : The Desert

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: DND Adventure

Post by White Mage Slave on Mon 10 Nov 2014, 7:40 pm

[GM Post]

The guard doesn't even notice that the ring of keys is now missing from his pants, and continues to walk away, preferably away from the noisy minotaur.
avatar
White Mage Slave
Trap Princess

Award : Most Successful Trap
Posts : 465
Points : 3577
Join date : 2010-07-30
Age : 28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: DND Adventure

Post by Tom on Mon 10 Nov 2014, 7:52 pm

Fox went to unlock his door before realising that it'd probably end messily. That'd happened before. He looked at the cell next door and devised a plan. First he decided to check how many guards there were.

(spot roll: (17) ± 0 = 17)

__________________

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5774249/1/

"...his brain was much larger and developed because he was a male bear, and thus far superior to a female of any race."
avatar
Tom
Growing Demon

Award : The Most Annoying
Posts : 737
Points : 3893
Join date : 2010-07-27
Age : 23
Location : The Desert

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: DND Adventure

Post by White Mage Slave on Mon 10 Nov 2014, 7:57 pm

[GM Post]

You can see two more guards in the hallway, keeping watch over everyone. The third guard who just walked by must have been the boss who was checking to make sure the minotaur was still there.
avatar
White Mage Slave
Trap Princess

Award : Most Successful Trap
Posts : 465
Points : 3577
Join date : 2010-07-30
Age : 28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: DND Adventure

Post by Tom on Mon 10 Nov 2014, 8:04 pm

Fox then took a calculated risk that was probably poorly calculated due to the alcohol lingering in his system. He hissed, "hey, Cowman," and passed the keys into the minotaur's cell. "Get me out of here."

__________________

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5774249/1/

"...his brain was much larger and developed because he was a male bear, and thus far superior to a female of any race."
avatar
Tom
Growing Demon

Award : The Most Annoying
Posts : 737
Points : 3893
Join date : 2010-07-27
Age : 23
Location : The Desert

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: DND Adventure

Post by Simply David on Mon 10 Nov 2014, 9:56 pm

"Hmmmm?" Midas turned his attention to the guy in the cell next to his with a questioning sound, "And why should I?" Despite his questioning, he picked up the keys. He wasn't sure how this guy had them, but now they were his as far as he was concerned.

"What is your name?" He asked, preferring clarification of names to be cleared straight away, "My name is Midas, the Minotaur," He punctuated his sentence with a loud snort.

__________________

Have you seen this girl's bear Tibbers?
avatar
Simply David
Admin


Posts : 2258
Points : 5478
Join date : 2010-11-27
Age : 27
Location : Oklahoma

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: DND Adventure

Post by GenericSpider on Tue 11 Nov 2014, 10:51 am

Rasha's eyes went wide as she saw the man in the next cell throw them the keys. At first, she couldn't figure out why the man had decided to help them.

However, if there was a way out of here; she'd have to take it. The guards still had Shelby somewhere; and she wasn't going to wait around for them to return her friend to her.

__________________
In a world torn between Team Edward, and Team Jacob, I have one thing to say:

Go Team Godzilla
avatar
GenericSpider
Moderator


Posts : 2219
Points : 5551
Join date : 2010-08-07
Age : 28
Location : Your mom's house

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: DND Adventure

Post by Tom on Tue 11 Nov 2014, 1:37 pm

Eying the guards carefully and irate from both his hangover and his new "buddy's" inability to just do what he's asked. "Who cares what my bloody name is, just get us out of here!" Snapped Fox in a low voice, disregarding the fact that he'd just given the keys to his own cell to the minotaur, and also disregarding the fact that Midas could reduce him to a fine mist after he escaped anyway.

__________________

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5774249/1/

"...his brain was much larger and developed because he was a male bear, and thus far superior to a female of any race."
avatar
Tom
Growing Demon

Award : The Most Annoying
Posts : 737
Points : 3893
Join date : 2010-07-27
Age : 23
Location : The Desert

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: DND Adventure

Post by Simply David on Tue 11 Nov 2014, 2:14 pm

Midas shook his head with an indignant sound, "One should be PROUD of their name or title, as I am," he stated. He wasn't being loud, but he wasn't being quiet either, "However..." it seemed he was struggling with something internally, "Maybe these keys can be useful." he looked at the gate of his cell, and it seemed he was finally considering opening it.

__________________

Have you seen this girl's bear Tibbers?
avatar
Simply David
Admin


Posts : 2258
Points : 5478
Join date : 2010-11-27
Age : 27
Location : Oklahoma

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: DND Adventure

Post by Tom on Tue 11 Nov 2014, 5:28 pm

Maybe these keys can be useful? Of course they were useful. Fox dropped his head onto his cell bars in exasperation and found that the cool steal was soothing his raging headache ever so slightly. "Do it, quickly," he muttered, just loud enough for the minotaur to hear but without looking at him.

__________________

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5774249/1/

"...his brain was much larger and developed because he was a male bear, and thus far superior to a female of any race."
avatar
Tom
Growing Demon

Award : The Most Annoying
Posts : 737
Points : 3893
Join date : 2010-07-27
Age : 23
Location : The Desert

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: DND Adventure

Post by Simply David on Tue 11 Nov 2014, 5:45 pm

[Midas rolls to check if guards are looking: (6) - 1, result 5]

Midas nods, finally deciding to go through with it. While he was at it, he glanced at the guards. Yeah, they weren't looking, he was certain of it. Perfect, here's his chance.

He placed a key in the slot of his cell's gate, wrong one, second one, it fits. Perfect, he opens the cell door. With great effort [roll of 17!], he holds in his need to let out a war cry. If left alone, he would go on to unlock the other cell with the rogue in it.

__________________

Have you seen this girl's bear Tibbers?
avatar
Simply David
Admin


Posts : 2258
Points : 5478
Join date : 2010-11-27
Age : 27
Location : Oklahoma

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: DND Adventure

Post by White Mage Slave on Tue 11 Nov 2014, 5:54 pm

[GM Post]

Unknown to Midas, the guards had indeed noticed that he was plotting something, and were surprised to see he had the keys to his own cell. One ran off to get help, while the other is waving a spear at him. "H-hey! Get back in there! Don't make me use this!"

[Midas is not impressed, but the guard is not scared. What do you do?]
avatar
White Mage Slave
Trap Princess

Award : Most Successful Trap
Posts : 465
Points : 3577
Join date : 2010-07-30
Age : 28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: DND Adventure

Post by GenericSpider on Tue 11 Nov 2014, 6:15 pm

As the minotaur walked outside and began to engage the guard; Rasha quickly searched the area for any sort of improvised weapon.

Preferably something she could hit someone over the head with.

(Spot check: (17) + 1 = 18)

__________________
In a world torn between Team Edward, and Team Jacob, I have one thing to say:

Go Team Godzilla
avatar
GenericSpider
Moderator


Posts : 2219
Points : 5551
Join date : 2010-08-07
Age : 28
Location : Your mom's house

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: DND Adventure

Post by Simply David on Tue 11 Nov 2014, 6:22 pm

[Rolled for initiative. Midas succeeds!]

Midas roared back at the guard but he stood his ground. In Midas' mind, he has made the split second of a mistake. He reared back his fist, and slammed a haymaker into the Guard. The guard was almost sent off his feet from the force, and Midas assumed this may be enough for the poor human.

[Did six damage! Guard has 2 HP left.]

__________________

Have you seen this girl's bear Tibbers?
avatar
Simply David
Admin


Posts : 2258
Points : 5478
Join date : 2010-11-27
Age : 27
Location : Oklahoma

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: DND Adventure

Post by White Mage Slave on Tue 11 Nov 2014, 6:42 pm

The guard is visibly not okay but he manages to stand back up. "I said... GET BACK IN YOUR CELL!" He lunges forward with his spear and stabs at Midas, wounding him!

[Guard does 7 damage!]
avatar
White Mage Slave
Trap Princess

Award : Most Successful Trap
Posts : 465
Points : 3577
Join date : 2010-07-30
Age : 28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: DND Adventure

Post by GenericSpider on Tue 11 Nov 2014, 6:47 pm

Rasha picked up the rock. It wasn't much to defender herself against armed guards; but beggars couldn't be choosers. At the very least, she could throw it at someone.

She then gave the fiercest battlecry she could muster, and ran to Midas' aid.

(Roll for Intimidation: (16) + 3 = 19)

__________________
In a world torn between Team Edward, and Team Jacob, I have one thing to say:

Go Team Godzilla
avatar
GenericSpider
Moderator


Posts : 2219
Points : 5551
Join date : 2010-08-07
Age : 28
Location : Your mom's house

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: DND Adventure

Post by White Mage Slave on Tue 11 Nov 2014, 6:55 pm

The guard is shaken by the halfling's sudden appearance- he hadn't remembered there'd been more than one person in the cell!

Meanwhile, the girl across the hall mumbles to herself for a moment and then calls out. "Take this!" A bolt of lightning comes out from her hand, and the guard doesn't even have time to turn around before being zapped. He falls to the ground, unconscious and possibly dying.

She lets out a sigh. "So apparently we're breaking out. Anyone care to let me out too since I just helped save you?"

[Rain did 5 damage with Focused Shot!]
avatar
White Mage Slave
Trap Princess

Award : Most Successful Trap
Posts : 465
Points : 3577
Join date : 2010-07-30
Age : 28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: DND Adventure

Post by GenericSpider on Tue 11 Nov 2014, 7:06 pm

Rasha grabbed the keys; and ran to Rain's cell. She quickly got the door open.

"You have magical...stuff, right?" she asked. "Is there any way you can help him?"


Last edited by GenericSpider on Tue 11 Nov 2014, 7:43 pm; edited 2 times in total

__________________
In a world torn between Team Edward, and Team Jacob, I have one thing to say:

Go Team Godzilla
avatar
GenericSpider
Moderator


Posts : 2219
Points : 5551
Join date : 2010-08-07
Age : 28
Location : Your mom's house

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: DND Adventure

Post by White Mage Slave on Tue 11 Nov 2014, 7:12 pm

Rain winced at the minotaur's wound. "Oof. I'm not the magic healing type. There's probably healing potions laying around the place if we look, though." She takes a look at the guard on the ground, and panics when she realizes his heart isn't beating. "Agh! Nonono-" She pounds on his chest for a few seconds, and then checks him again. "Oh, gods, that was close."

[Rain rolls 18 on a Heal check to stabilize his condition, 14 + 4.]
avatar
White Mage Slave
Trap Princess

Award : Most Successful Trap
Posts : 465
Points : 3577
Join date : 2010-07-30
Age : 28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: DND Adventure

Post by Simply David on Tue 11 Nov 2014, 7:29 pm

Breathing heavily, the minotaur in the room looked around. Seemed the fight was won for him, "That was a fight between two might warriors!" he cried out, but winced at the stab wound. He was bleeding fairly badly. Luckily he will be able to keep going, "Oh, let him out too I guess," he gestured towards the rogue who had given him the keys originally.

__________________

Have you seen this girl's bear Tibbers?
avatar
Simply David
Admin


Posts : 2258
Points : 5478
Join date : 2010-11-27
Age : 27
Location : Oklahoma

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: DND Adventure

Post by GenericSpider on Tue 11 Nov 2014, 7:44 pm

It was then that Rasha remembered the guy who'd helped them escape; and quickly ran to his cell.

"Thanks for the keys," she said, as she unlocked the door. "So...do you have a healing potion or something?"

__________________
In a world torn between Team Edward, and Team Jacob, I have one thing to say:

Go Team Godzilla
avatar
GenericSpider
Moderator


Posts : 2219
Points : 5551
Join date : 2010-08-07
Age : 28
Location : Your mom's house

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: DND Adventure

Post by Tom on Tue 11 Nov 2014, 8:06 pm

"Ohoho, ouchhh," Fox chuckled as he ambled out of the cell. "Alright gang, let's see what this guy has. First, I want some trousers," and he pulled the guard's boots, socks and shoes off and put them on himself. "Alright, let's so what this dude has," muttered the thief, rifling through the pockets of the trousers he stole and then the unconscious guard.

(search roll: (5) + 6 = 11)

__________________

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5774249/1/

"...his brain was much larger and developed because he was a male bear, and thus far superior to a female of any race."
avatar
Tom
Growing Demon

Award : The Most Annoying
Posts : 737
Points : 3893
Join date : 2010-07-27
Age : 23
Location : The Desert

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: DND Adventure

Post by White Mage Slave on Tue 11 Nov 2014, 8:59 pm

[GM Post]

The guard has two potions on his person! They're nicely labeled "Healing".
avatar
White Mage Slave
Trap Princess

Award : Most Successful Trap
Posts : 465
Points : 3577
Join date : 2010-07-30
Age : 28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: DND Adventure

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum