Random Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Creator 
Admins 

DUNGEONS AND DRAGONS 5TH EDITION CHARACTER CREATOR

2 posters

Go down

DUNGEONS AND DRAGONS 5TH EDITION CHARACTER CREATOR Empty DUNGEONS AND DRAGONS 5TH EDITION CHARACTER CREATOR

Post by White Mage Slave Wed 10 Dec 2014, 9:51 pm

D&D 5E is out in all of its glory, and thankfully, the system is far, FAR simpler to play than 3.5! This thread is here to walk you through the creation of a character in the system. 

As for being able to view all of the options yourself, it is unfortunately not quite as simple as heading to the nearest wiki and perusing it like it was with 3.5. If you're willing, the following link will take you to a full download of the player's handbook.

https://www.mediafire.com/folder/z7zgas8lm1cw2/Gaming#wxs6efp8ymhc2 

Alternatively, the following link gives you the "basic rules" which are probably a lot easier for new players to peruse. They just also happen to have far more restricted player options (lack of races and classes). They also have character sheets you can use if you want to keep better track of all your stuff!

http://dnd.wizards.com/products/tabletop-games/trpg-resources

WHAT YOU NEED TO DO TO CREATE A CHARACTER

1st, choose your stats. Roll 4d6 (four six-sided dice), and drop the lowest number from each one. This is a single ability. Do this five more times for six total ability scores to use. Personally, I allow making three such sets and choosing your favorite. The six stats these can be assigned to are Strength, Dexterity, Constitution, Intelligence, Wisdom, and Charisma.

The "average" ability set is 15, 14, 13, 12, 10, and 8. You may choose to use this set instead of rolling; however, rolling provides a decent chance of gaining a very powerful set of stats.

Next, pick what type of character you want. Do you want a spellcaster, supporting from the back? A knight, defending from the front? An archer, sniping from the shadows? After you have the idea of your character in mind, choose a suitable class for your character. Each class has multiple ways to play it, so don't be discouraged if your character concept is not immediately obvious.

Different from 3.5e are skill proficiencies. Rather than investing skills into skill ranks to perform skills, you have a proficiency bonus you can apply to all skills you are proficient in.

After selecting a class, or perhaps before that depending on the person, you pick a race for your character. A race has ability score bonuses that can make your character better at their job, as well as miscellaneous bonuses, such as languages, nightvision, and proficiencies.

Backgrounds are a new feature of 5th edition. They give you ideas of how to roleplay as your character, as well as additional proficiencies and equipment. An example Background would be a Sailor; sailors would gain skill proficiences such as navigation and sailing, and start the game with extra rope. Each background also as a roleplaying feature, which often allow you to find services or plot hooks. A sailor's allows them to call in favors so they can get passage on a ship. Backgrounds are the easiest part of the system to just make up; if you can't find one you like, just make one along the same guidelines (Two Skills, Two Tools and/or languages, equipment, roleplaying feature, etc.)

If your character would gain a skill proficiency from their background that their race or class already gave them, just pick a new one of your choice.

Backgrounds are also a source of personality traits; you may choose the ones on the lists provided, or just make them up yourself as appropriate. Typically, you have two Personality Traits, one Ideal you aspire to, one Bond you hold yourself to, and one Flaw that haunts you.

I will post a sample character shortly!

CHARACTER OPTIONS FROM THE PLAYER'S HANDBOOK

RACES 

Humans: Duh. The advantage of humans is that they can start with a feat if you want.
Halflings: Little people, good at sneaking. Braver than they look.
Dwarves: Short but strong and good with crafting.
Elves: Beautiful people deadly with spells and bows.
Dragonborn: Strong and powerful lizardmen with breath as bad as it sounds.
Tieflings: Half-demons striving to be good people in a world that hates them.
Gnomes: Big hearts, small bodies, and a love of having fun.
Half-Elves: Half human, half elf, hated by both, but accepted by everyone else.
Half-Orcs: Half-humans who either reject or embrace their orcish heritage.

Classes: 
Barbarians: Savage warriors who either go completely berserk or enhance themselves with totemic spirits.

Bards: Entertainers who either try to learn history or become a part of it.

Clerics: Priests of the Divine, these casters can range from effective healers to front-line warriors.

Druids: One with nature, these casters either learn to manipulate nature to their whims, or become one with it by adopting a beastly form.

Fighters: The average warrior is no weaker for choosing simply to trust their sword and their shield. Fighters may become solo champions, leaders and tacticians, or choose magic to enhance their swordplay.

Monks: Warriors who studied martial arts and self-control to an extreme. Monks can focus on hand-to-hand combat, assassinations, or bending the elements to their will.

Paladins: Warriors who swear an oath to the gods, to nature, or an oath of vengeance upon those who have wronged them, and gain power from it.

Rangers: Warriors who specialize in surviving in the wilderness. Rangers can specialize in hunting a special foe, or in taming an animal to do it for them.

Rogues: Stealthy characters, Rogues would rather end a fight before it starts, or avoid them altogether. They can specialize in theft, assassination, or using magic to do their dirty work for them.

Sorcerers: Casters born with magic power in their blood, these casters channel magic to explosive ends.

Warlocks: Casters who made a pact with a higher power to obtain power and knowledge of their own in exchange for their services, for good or ill.

Wizards: Casters that studied magic extensively and cast using their spellbooks rather than any natural power of their own.

Backgrounds: Acolytes, Charlatans, Criminals, Entertainers, Folk Heroes, Gladiators, Guild Artisans/Merchants,  Hermits, Knights, Nobles, Outlanders, Pirates, Sages, Sailors, Soldiers, Urchins
White Mage Slave
White Mage Slave
Trap Princess

Award : Most Successful Trap

Back to top Go down

DUNGEONS AND DRAGONS 5TH EDITION CHARACTER CREATOR Empty Re: DUNGEONS AND DRAGONS 5TH EDITION CHARACTER CREATOR

Post by White Mage Slave Thu 11 Dec 2014, 1:22 am

This is a sample character. I might have missed something but this is most all of the information a non-spellcaster would have. Spellcasters prepare their spell-lists on a daily basis and don't need to have current spells written down here.

LEVEL 1 HALF ORC OUTLANDER BARBARIAN

AC: 15
SPEED: 30 ft
HD: 1d12
HP: 15

STR DEX CON INT WIS CHA
18   14    16    10   13  13

SENSES: Perception 13, Darkvision 60 ft

PROFICIENCY BONUS: +2
SKILLS: Athletics, Intimidation, Perception, Nature, Survival
ARMOR: Light, medium, shields
WEAPONS: Simple, Martial
TOOLS: Musical Instrument
SAVING THROWS: Strength, Constitution

LANGUAGES: Common, Orc, Elvish

Equipment: Greataxe, two handaxes, explorer's pack, four javelins, staff, hunting trap, trophy from an animal you killed, a set of traveler's clothes, 10 gp

ATTACKS
Greataxe: +6 to hit, 1d12+4 slashing damage
Handaxe: +6 to hit, 1d6+4 slashing damage, range 20/60
Javelin: +6 to hit, 1d6+4 piercing damage, range 30/120

FEATS
Relentless Endurance: You can drop to 1 hp instead of 0, once between long rests.

Wanderer: Great memory for maps/geography. Always find food/water for yourself and five other people provided it is even there.

Savage Attacks: Crits with melee weapons roll one weapon damage die extra.

Rage: Bonus action. Advantage on strength checks, strength saving throws. +2 damage with melee. Resistance to bludgeoning, piercing, and slashing damage. Lasts one minute. Ends if you haven't attacked a hostile creature since last turn or taken damage. End as a bonus.

Unarmored Defense: AC equals 10 + Dex + Con
White Mage Slave
White Mage Slave
Trap Princess

Back to top Go down

DUNGEONS AND DRAGONS 5TH EDITION CHARACTER CREATOR Empty Re: DUNGEONS AND DRAGONS 5TH EDITION CHARACTER CREATOR

Post by White Mage Slave Thu 11 Dec 2014, 2:04 pm

LEVEL 5 HUMAN NINJA PIRATE- I mean, Ninja Assassin.

STR DEX CON INT WIS CHA
12   20    13    15  14   16

HIT DICE: 1d8 + 1 per level
TOTAL HP: 33

Proficiency Bonus: +3
Armor: Light
Weapons: Simple, Hand crossbows, Longswords, Rapiers, Shortswords
Tools: Thieves' Tools, Disguise Kit, Poisoner's Kit, Navigator's Kit, Vehicles (Water)
Saves: Dexterity, Intelligence
Skills: Athletics, Deception, Investigation, Insight, Stealth, Perception, Performance

STARTING EQUIPMENT
Ninjato (Shortsword), a shortbow and 20 arrows, a burglar's pack, leather armor, two kunai (daggers), thieve's tools, 500 gold + 1d10 x 25 gold, Amulet of Proof against Detection and Location, a diary with seven missing pages.

FEATS
Magic Initiate: Poison Spray, Minor Illusion, Hex
Ninja Contacts: Can usually find places to buy ninja stuff.
Expertise: Stealth, Deception. Doubled Prof. bonus
Sneak Attack: +3d6 damage if you have advantage or if the enemy is distracted.
Thieves' Cant
Cunning Action: Bonus action to Dash, Disengage, or Hide in combat
Assassinate: Advantage on any creature that hasn't taken a turn. Attacks on surprised creatures are criticals.
Uncanny Dodge: Use reaction to half damage from an attack you can see.

BACKGROUND CHOICES
Ninja Assassin

I am strongly loyal to those I ally myself with, and the first thing I do in a new place is note all escape routes. I aim to take down those who would abuse their power over others. Everything I do is to support my family. I betrayed my clan and they are trying to capture me.

ACTIONS
Ninjato: +8 to hit, 1d6+5 piercing damage.
Shortbow: +8 to hit, range 80/320, 1d6+5 piercing damage
Kunai: +8 to hit, range 20/60, 1d4+5 piercing damage'

SPELLS
Spell save DC: 8 + 3 + 3

At Will
Poison Spray: 1 action, verbal, somatic. Range: 10 feet. 2d12 poison damage. Enemy must make a DC 14 Con save or take damage.
Minor Illusion:

1/day
Hex: 1 bonus action, verbal, somatic. Duration: concentration, up to 1 hour. Range: 90 feet. While target is hexed, you deal an extra 1d6 necrotic damage to it whenever you hit with na attack. The target has disadvantage on ability checks of your choice (pick one). If the target drops to 0 hp, you can use a bonus action to curse a new creature.

Last edited by White Mage Slave on Thu 11 Dec 2014, 8:04 pm; edited 3 times in total
White Mage Slave
White Mage Slave
Trap Princess

Back to top Go down

Post by GenericSpider Thu 11 Dec 2014, 2:22 pm

Roywyn Folkor — Level 5 Forest Gnome Bard (College of Valor)

Ability scores:   STR: 9 (-1)   DEX: 16 (+3)   CON: 14 (+2)   INT: 14 (+2)   WIS: 10 (+0)   CHA: 18 (+4)

Saving throws:   STR: -1   DEX: +6   CON: +2   INT: +2   WIS: +0   CHA: +7

Initiative: +4   Speed: 25   Passive perception: 13   Size: Small   Proficiency bonus: +3   

Hit points: 38   Hit dice: 5d8

Armor: Chain shirt and Shield

AC: 17

Melee weapons: 

[*]+1 Rapier (+7 to hit) 1d8+4 piercing damage

[*]Dagger (+6 to hit) 1d4+3 piercing damage

Ranged weapons: 

[*]Light crossbow (+6 to hit) 1d8+3 piercing damage   Range: 80/320   20 bolts

[*]Dagger (+6 to hit) 1d4+3 piercing damage   Range: 20/60

[*]Hand crossbow (+6 to hit) 1d6+3 piercing damage   Range: 30/120   20 bolts

Proficient skills: Acrobatics +6, Athletics +2, Medicine +6 (Expertise), Perception +3, Stealth +9 (Expertise)

Non-proficient skills: Animal Handling +0, Arcana +2, Deception +4, History +2, Insight +0, Intimidation +4, Investigation +2, Nature +2, Perform +4, Persuasion +4, Religion +2, Sleight of Hand +3, Survival +0

Languages: Common, Gnomish

Other proficiencies: Lute, Pan flute, Viol, Navigator's tools, Water vehicles

Racial Traits: Darkvision, Gnome Cunning, Natural Illusionist, Speak with Small Animals

Abilities: Spellcasting, Bardic Inspiration (d8), Jack of all trades, Song of Rest (d6), Bard College (Valor), Bonus proficiencies (arms), Combat inspiration, Expertise, Font of Inspiration, Ability Score Improvement (4th level +2 Charisma)

Equipment: 50 feet silk rope, Lucky charm, Trinket, Common clothes, Diplomat's pack, lute. A nightcap that gives her pleasant dreams.    

Wealth: 235 gp

Magic Items: Doss Lute

Spells known: Comprehend Languages, Dissonant Whispers, Healing Word, Tasha's Hideous Laughter, Thunderwave, Locate Animals or Plants, Phantasmal Force, Stinking Cloud    

Cantrips: Blade Ward, True Strike, Vicious Mockery

Spell slots: 4 first level, 3 second level, 2 third level     Spell save DC: 15     Spell Attack Modifier: +7     Knows 8 spells

Race magic: Minor Illusion     Spell save DC: 13     Spell Attack Modifier: +5

Lute Spells: Fly, Invisibility, Levitate, Protection from Evil and Good, Animal Friendship, Protection from Energy (Fire), Protection from Poison

Background: Sailor
Personality: I work hard so that I can play hard when the work is done. 
I stretch the truth for the sake of a good story. 
Ideal: Freedom. The sea is freedom—the freedom to go anywhere and do anything. (Chaotic)
Bond: I’m loyal to my captain first, everything else second.
Flaw: Once I start drinking, it’s hard for me to stop.

Last edited by GenericSpider on Sat 20 Dec 2014, 11:57 pm; edited 7 times in total
GenericSpider
GenericSpider

Back to top Go down

Post by GenericSpider Thu 11 Dec 2014, 4:47 pm

(putting this here for my tieflings personality and background.) 
Background: Folk Hero (I trained the peasantry to use farm implements as weapons against a tyrant’s soldiers.)
Personality: If someone is in trouble, I’m always ready to lend help. 
I misuse long words in an attempt to sound smarter. 
Ideal: Destiny. Nothing and no one can steer me away from my higher calling. (Any)
Bond: I wish my childhood sweetheart had come with me to pursue my destiny.
Flaw: The people who knew me when I was young know my shameful secret, so I can never go home again.
GenericSpider
GenericSpider

Back to top Go down

Post by GenericSpider Thu 11 Dec 2014, 4:52 pm

Akta Carrion Level 5 Tiefling Paladin (Oath of the Ancients)

Ability scores:   STR: 18 (+4)   DEX: 14 (+2)   CON: 15 (+2)   INT: 11 (+0)   WIS: 13 (+1)   CHA: 20 (+5)

Saving throws:   STR: +4   DEX: +2   CON: +2   INT: +0   WIS: +4   CHA: +8

Speed: 30   Passive perception: 11   Size: Medium   Proficiency bonus: +3   

Hit points: 44   Hit dice: 5d10

Armor: Splint mail and Shield

AC: 19

Melee weapons: 

[*]Battleaxe (+7 to hit) 1d8+4 slashing damage

[*]Morning Star (+7 to hit) 1d8+4 piercing damage

Ranged weapons: 

[*]Long bow (+0 to hit) 1d8-3 piercing damage   Range: 150/600   20 arrows

[*]+1 Arrows (11) (+1 to hit) 1d8-2 piercing damage

Proficient skills: Animal Handling +4, Insight +4, Intimidation +8, Survival +4

Non-proficient skills: Acrobatics -3, Arcana +0, Athletics +4, Deception +5, History +0, Investigation +0, Medicine +1, Nature +0, Perception +1, Perform +5, Persuasion +5, Religion +0, Sleight of Hand -3, Stealth -3

Languages: Common, Infernal     

Other proficiencies: Wagon-maker's tools, Land vehicles

Racial Traits: Darkvision, Hellish Resistance, Infernal Legacy

Abilities: Divine Sense, Lay on Hands (25 hp), Fighting Style (Protection), Spellcasting, Divine Smite, Divine Health, Sacred Oath (Oath of the Ancients), Nature's Wrath, Turn the Faithless, Extra Attack, Ability Score Improvement (4th level +1 Strength, +1 Charisma)

Equipment: Wagon-maker's tools, Common clothes, Priest's pack, Holy symbol, 3 Flasks of Holy Water. Book of Manners and Etiquette.    

Wealth: 204 gp

Magic Items: 2 Potions of Healing, Bag of Holding, +1 Arrows (11)

Current spells: Command, Cure Wounds, Shield of Faith, Thunderous Smite, Aid, Branding Smite, Find Steed

Paladin Oath Spells: Ensnaring Strike, Speak with Animals, Moonbeam, Misty Step

Spell slots: 4 first level, 2 second level     Spell save DC: 16     Spell Attack Modifier: +8     Can prepare 7 spells

Race magic: Thaumaturgy, Hellish Rebuke (once a day), Darkness (once a day)     Spell save DC: 16     Spell Attack Modifier: +8

Background: Folk Hero (I trained the peasantry to use farm implements as weapons against a tyrant’s soldiers.)
Personality: If someone is in trouble, I’m always ready to lend help. 
I try to present myself as something of a seasoned veteran; and know it all. I may not have the military genius of a seasoned general; but I certainly have the confidence of one.  
Ideal: Destiny. Nothing and no one can steer me away from my higher calling. (Any)
Bond: I wish my childhood sweetheart had come with me to pursue my destiny.
Flaw: The tyrant who rules my homeland wants me dead. 

Last edited by GenericSpider on Sun 21 Dec 2014, 5:56 pm; edited 4 times in total
GenericSpider
GenericSpider

Back to top Go down

Post by White Mage Slave Sat 13 Dec 2014, 7:59 pm

Here's your character, David.
DAVID IS HIGHJACKING THIS POST AS OF NOW!

LEVEL 5 Sea-Elf Ranger
Name: Quillathe "Quills"
Appearance: http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/forgottenrealms/images/2/26/Female_Aquatic_Elf

STR DEX CON INT WIS CHA
10   18    14   15   15   16

HIT DICE: 1d10 + 2
TOTAL HP: 39
AC: 15 (Leather armor)

Armor: Light, Medium, Shields
Weapons: Simple weapons, martial weapons
Tools: Navigator's tools, Water vehicles
Saves: Strength, Dexterity
Skills: Perception, Animal Handling, Stealth, Survival, Athletics, Persuasion
Languages: Common, Elvish, Orcish, Dwarvish

Senses: Darkvision 120 ft, Passive Perception 16

STARTING EQUIPMENT
Leather armor, one cutlass (shortsword), one dagger, an explorer's pack, longbow, quiver of 20 arrows, a belaying pin (club), 50 feet of silk rope, a lucky charm, a set of common clothes, 510 gp, a backpack, a bedroll, a mess kit, a tinderbox, 10 torches, 10 days of rations, a waterskin, 50 feet of hempen rope, +1 Pistol, a powder horn, 170 bullets, an undecipherable treasure map.

RACIAL FEATS
Keen Senses: Proficiency in Perception
Fey Ancestry: You have advantage on saving throws against being charmed, and magic can't put you to sleep.
Trance: You have no need to sleep. You meditate deeply in a trance for 4 hours instead.
Gills: You can breathe underwater.
Improved Darkvision: 120 ft
Webbed Fingers: Swim Speed 40 ft, proficiency on swim checks.
Aquatic Weapon Training: Proficiency with spears, javaelins, tridents, and nets.

CLASS FEATS
Favored Enemy: Dwarves and Orcs. Advantage on Wisdom (Survival) Checks to track them, and Intelligence checks to recall information about them. You also know Dwarvish and Orcish.

Favored Terrain: Coastal. 
*Difficult terrain doesn't slow your group's travel. 
*Your group can't become lost except by magical means. 
*Even when you are engaged in another activity while traveling (foraging, navigating, tracking, etc.), you remain alert to danger.
*If you are traveling alone, you can move steathily at a normal pace.
*When you forage, you find twice as much food as normal.
*While tracking other creatures, you also learn their exact number, their sizes, and how long ago they passed through the area.

Fighting Style: Archery: You gain a +2 bonus to attack rolls made with ranged weapons.

Primeval Awareness: You can use your action and expend one ranger spell slot to focus your awareness on the region around you for one mile (six in favored terrain). For one minute, you can tell if aberrations, celestials, dragons, elementals, fey, fiends, and undead are near you.

Ability Score Increase: Traded for Gun Expert

Gun Expert
*You ignore the loading quality of guns with which you are proficient.
*Being within 5 feet of a hostile creature doesn't impose disadvantage on your ranged attack rolls
*When you make the attack roll and attack with a one-handed weapon, you can use a bonus action to attack with a loaded pistol you are holding.

Extra Attack: When you take the Attack action, you can attack twice instead once.

Ranger Archetype: Hunter

Horde Breaker: Once on each of your turns when you make a weapon attack, you can make another attack with the same weapon against a different creature that is within 5 feet of the original creature and within range of your weapon.

BACKGROUND CHOICES
Sailor
Ship's Passage: When you need to, you can secure free passage on a sailing ship for yourself and your companions. You might sail on the ship you served on, or another ship you have good relations with. You can't be certain of the schedule or route, or that every need will be met. In return for passage, you have to work.

Personality: Resourceful and skilled on a ship, Quills likes her some efficiency. She prefers to get things done quickly and hates when someone takes too long for her tastes. This isn't impatience, but an understanding of the minimum amount of time necessary for things to get done- or so she says. She HATES pirates, always taking their treasures through illegitimate means and such, so she personally makes it a goal that she takes THEIR treasure from them, and then usually just keeps it. She also prefers to not be associated with her original clans, personal problems.
Ideal: To be a Superior Captain
Bond: To her Crew
Flaw: Greed for Riches and Treasure

ACTIONS
Cutlass: +7 to hit, 1d6 piercing damage
+1 Pistol: +10 to hit, 1d10 piercing damage, range 30/90. Uses one bullet for ammunition.
Dagger: +7 to hit, 1d4 piercing damage, thrown range 20/60. +9 to hit when thrown.

SPELLS
Known: 4
Spell Slots: 4 1st level spells, 2 second level spells.
Spell Save: DC 14 (8 + Prof + Wis)

SPELL CHOICES
Hunter's Mark
Alarm
Hail of Thorns
Cordon of Arrows

At Will

1/day
White Mage Slave
White Mage Slave
Trap Princess

Back to top Go down

Post by White Mage Slave Sat 13 Dec 2014, 10:07 pm

Here's your other character, David. Needs spells.
DAVID IS HIGHJACKING THIS ONE AS WELL FROM NOW ON!

LEVEL 5 Dragonborn Evocation Wizard
Name: Biri --- Childhood Name: Swim Runner
Appearance: http://www.penandpapergames.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=1612&d=1249252847

STR DEX CON INT WIS CHA
14  14  12  16  15  14

HIT DICE: 1d6 + 1
TOTAL HP: 26

Armor: None
Weapons: Daggers, darts, slings, quarterstaffs, light crossbows
Tools: None
Saves: Intelligence, Wisdom
Skills:  Arcana, History, Religion, Investigation
Languages: Common, Draconic, Elvish, Deep Speech

STARTING EQUIPMENT
A quarterstaff, an arcane focus, a scholar's pack, a spellbook, a book that "Can not" be written in,

RACIAL FEATS
Draconic Ancestry: Bronze dragon
Breath Weapon: DC 12 (8 + Prof + Con) Dex Save.  5 by 30 ft line. 2d6 lightning damage on a 

failed save, 1d6 on a success.
Damage Resistance: Lightning
Amphibious: You can breathe underwater.

FEATS
Arcane Recovery: Once per day, when you finish a short rest, you may recover spell slots 

equal to or less than half of your level, rounded up. (5th level wizard = 3. 3 level 1 

slots, 1 level 2 and 1 level 1, or 1 level 3.)

Evocation Savant: Time and gold cost to copy evocation spells into your spellbook is 

halved.

Sculpt Spells: When you cast an evocation spell that affects other creatures that you can 

see, you can choose a number of them equal to 1 + the spell's level. These creatures avoid 

damage entirely.

BACKGROUND CHOICES
Sage
Wizard's Apprentice
Researcher: If you attempt to learn or fail to recall a piece of lore, you know where you 
can obtain it. Usually, this is in a library, scriptorium, university, or a sage. This may 
require a separate adventure or even campaign to obtain.

Personality: Due to not knowing his own clan despite being a Dragonborn, she has spent his life deep in learning. Her obsession with knowledge is one that is barely rivaled by the amount of knowledge she already possesses after a lifetime of reading. While she may keep her nose in the books most of the time, she is no stranger to communicating with others. She comes off as socially awkward due to a combination of being a Dragonborn and being an intellectual, making it hard for some to really get to know her. She can overcome this at times however simply with communication, for those who are willing to listen. She gets excited when meeting new Dragonborn for the first time, trying to find out as much about their clan as possible, although many remain tight-lipped when speaking to one who is without a clan herself. The reason she is on the crew is to discover as much as she can about the world by experiencing it herself.
Ideal: Attaining Knowledge
Bond: Discovery of her Clan
Flaw: Destruction of Books, artifacts, or things from history

ACTIONS
Quarterstaff: +5 to hit, 1d6+2 or 1d8+2 bludgeoning damage

SPELLS
Cantrips known: 4
Spells known: 14 spells total
Spell slots: 4 1st level spells, 3 2nd level spells, 2 3rd level spells
Spells Prepared: 8 (Level + Int)

Starting Spells Must Be: 8 spells must be 1st level. 4 may be 2nd level or lower. 2 may be 3rd level or lower. 
Spell Save: DC 14 (8 + Prof + Int)

Spells:

Cantrips: Mending, Fire Bolt, Ray of Frost, Light
1st Level: Feather Fall, Magic Missile, Witch Bolt, Chromatic Orb, Unseen Servant, Burning Hands, Thunderwave, Shield
2nd Level: Shatter, Misty Step, See Invisibility, Invisibility
3rd Level: Fireball, Fly

At Will

1/rest

Lightning Breath Weapon: Once every time Biri rests, she can breathe lightning in a 5x30 ft. line. The DC for this saving throw equals 8 + your Constitution modifier + your proficiency bonus. A creature takes 2d6 damage on a failed save and half as much damage on a successful one. The damage increases to 3d6 at 6th level. 4d6 at 11th level, and 5d6 at 16th level.

1/day
White Mage Slave
White Mage Slave
Trap Princess

Back to top Go down

Post by GenericSpider Sun 14 Dec 2014, 12:36 am

(Not actually going to be used in the RP. I just wondered what a slasher movie villain would be like with DND stats) 

Hack N. Slash — Level 10 Human Barbarian (Path of the Berserker)

Ability scores:   STR: 19 (+4)   DEX: 12 (+1)   CON: 16 (+3)   INT: 8 (-1)   WIS: 11 (+0)   CHA: 10 (+0)

Saving throws:   STR: +8   DEX: +1   CON: +7   INT: -1   WIS: +0   CHA: +0

Initiative: +1   Speed: 40   Passive perception: 14   Size: Medium   
Proficiency bonus: +4   

Hit points: 105   Hit dice: 10d12

Armor: Half plate and Shield

AC: 18

Melee weapons: 

[*]+1 Battleaxe (+9 to hit) 1d8(1d10)+5 slashing damage

[*]Morning Star (+8 to hit) 1d8+4 piercing damage

[*]Ranged weapons: 

[*]Long bow (+5 to hit) 1d8+1 piercing damage   Range: 150/600   20 arrows

Proficient skills: Athletics +8, Medicine +4, Perception +4, Religion +3

Non-proficient skills: Acrobatics +1, Animal Handling +0, Arcana -1, Deception +0, History -1, Insight +0, Intimidation +0, Investigation -1, Nature -1, Perform +0, Persuasion +0, Sleight of Hand +1, Stealth +1, Survival +0

Languages: Common, Halfling, Giant     Other proficiencies: Herbalism kit

Abilities: Rage (4 Rages, +3 damage), Unarmored Defense, Reckless Attack, Danger Sense, Primal Path (Path of the Berserker), Frenzy, Extra Attack, Fast Movement, Path Feature, Feral Instinct, Brutal Critical, Spirit Walker, Ability Score Improvement (4th and 8th levels +3 Strength, +1 Dexterity)

Background: Hermit (I needed a quiet place to work on my art. I'm taxidermist, you see.) 

Personality: I feel tremendous empathy for all who suffer. I’ve been isolated for so long that I rarely speak, preferring gestures and the occasional grunt.

Ideal: Free Thinking. Inquiry and curiosity are the pillars of progress. (Chaotic)

Bond: I entered seclusion to hide from the ones who might still be hunting me. I must someday confront them. They'll learn to appreciate my art. 

Flaw: I harbor dark, bloodthirsty thoughts that my isolation and meditation failed to quell. And sometimes I act on them. 
GenericSpider
GenericSpider

Back to top Go down

Post by White Mage Slave Mon 15 Dec 2014, 2:00 pm

Level 5 Mermaid Doctor Druid

STR DEX CON INT WIS CHA
10   14    12   15   16  20

HD: 5d8 
HP: 9 + 4d8 + 4

Armor: Light, medium, shields
Weapons: Clubs, daggers, darts, javelins, maces, quarterstaffs, scimitars, sickles, slings, spears
Tools: Herbalism Kit, Musical instrument (Ocarina)
Saves: Intelligence, Wisdom
Skills: Animal Handling, Nature, Perception, Persuasion, Medicine
Languages: Common, Aquan, Elvish

Senses: Passive Perception 16

Mermaid
Medium Humanoid
Speed: 10 ft, Swim: 40 ft
+2 to Dexterity, +2 to Charisma
Proficiency in Perception
Amphibious

Healer
SKILLS: Persuasion, Medicine
Tool Kits: Herbalism Kit, one language of your choice

Doctors Welcome
You can get food and lodging free so long as you are willing to treat people for injuries and diseases.

Equipment: A wooden shield, any simple melee weapon, leather armor, an explorer's pack, and a druidic focus, 650 gold, Bag of tricks, a healer's kit, an herbalism kit (5 gp)

FEATS
Wild Shape: Can turn into any animal I've seen, with a maximum CR of 1 and that can't fly.

SPELLS
Cantrips known: 3
Spell Slots: 1st: 4, 2nd: 3, 3rd: 2
Spell Save DC: 8 + Prof + Wis
Spells prepared: 8 total

SPELLS
Cantrips: Druidcraft, Thorn Whip, Shillelagh
1st level spells: Cure Wounds, Longstrider, Animal Friendship, Speak with Animals (ritual)
2nd level spells: Barkskin (Concentration, 1 hour), Protection from Poison, Lesser Restoration
3rd level spells: Call Lightning

PERSONALITY
I hate seeing people get hurt, but I hate people who enjoy hurting others more. I aspire to help people wherever I go to make their life better. My clan was murdered by Sahuagin and I don't think I can ever forgive them. I have a gigantic weakness for furry animals.
White Mage Slave
White Mage Slave
Trap Princess

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down