Random Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Creator 
Admins 

Medieval, Kingdoms of Ardania and Derangia - Repowered

+6
Hot Elfie
Tom
ScorpionWins
RolePlayingRoxas
Rain
AnnoR
10 posters

Page 4 of 16 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10 ... 16  Next

Go down

Medieval, Kingdoms of Ardania and Derangia - Repowered - Page 4 Empty Re: Medieval, Kingdoms of Ardania and Derangia - Repowered

Post by AnnoR Fri 11 May 2012, 3:44 pm

"Not at all! Not at all!" replied Ariselli, cheerfully now. Oh, this was going to be great! Tielle and the others, they'd be so happy that she found a scribe who was willing to work for them! A lot of people would get confused about their religion and eventually get bored of scribing and wanted to take different duties if the actually became a real part of the religion... But this person didn't seem like that! "I'll even lead you there, come on!"

Ariselli grabbed Vivace's hand and started tugging, trying to get her out the door.

----

"Anywhere in particular?" Rosalie asked, looking contemplative. Well, it had been a long while since she'd been out into a town like this... perhaps she should take a look at the shops? "I would merely enjoy being brought deeper into the market district."
AnnoR
AnnoR
Queen of Lolis

Back to top Go down

Medieval, Kingdoms of Ardania and Derangia - Repowered - Page 4 Empty Re: Medieval, Kingdoms of Ardania and Derangia - Repowered

Post by NazrinTsunMouse Sat 12 May 2012, 4:12 pm

"Of course I know dwarven," Lyra stated as if that fact should have been obvious. Which it would be, if she was back with her Elven tribe who knew she was a Silvertongue and thus would know quite a few languages.

But before she could remark even more on the stupidity of the dwarf, the guard spoke up. Dammit, now she was going to get arrested for something this idiot did. Just great. "Ack... Stupid dwarf, this is all your fault!"

------

"No, I'm fine," Lance told the maid simply, hoping she'd leave quickly. He wanted to discuss privately with his sister, about what happened. The problem with that is explaining how he knew to some stranger. He couldn't very well say he was the fiance to the Deragnia Queen. And that's only assuming the maid even knew. He knew his sister and she would try her best to suffer in silence.

Milano fidgeted slightly, looking between Alice and her brother. She could feel a lingering tenseness in the air. The questioned remained, why was her brother here and how did he get hurt so badly? He didn't know... did he? "Uhm... brother why the unannounced visit?"

"There was something.... I wanted to discuss," Lance replied uneasily. No one could blame him for being uncomfortable in this situation.
NazrinTsunMouse
NazrinTsunMouse
Admin

Award : Best Admin Ever.... Right?

https://randomroleplay.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Molly Sat 12 May 2012, 4:52 pm

Alice could take a hint, surprisingly enough; the brother and sister wished to be alone, which was fine with her. Alice turned to leave, before pausing as she seemed to remember something. Reaching in the one of the pockets in her apron, she pulled out a small pouch, turning around and placing it in Milano's hand.

Inside was what was left of the paste Candy had used on her face before when she had gash wounds. She guessed that Milano had given it to her, as Candy had no such thing on her person, even if Milano said she had 'dropped' it.

With that, Alice turned and started back up to the castle, unwilling her overstay her welcome any more than she already had. She wondered if Milano would tell her brother about.. what happened. It did make her feel better that he was here, and it no longer agitated that unpleasant feeling in her gut to acknowledge that he would comfort his sister if she did.

She guessed it was almost time for the princesses' lesson, and she needed to get back to her soo-. Alice paused as she noticed a bunch of the maids in the doorway, watching the exchange. Which a side, Alice marched up to them. "Go on, there's not any kind of romantic gossip here. It's her brother." She heard some grumbles of disappointment as the young ladies went back inside. Like a bunch of crows, picking for gossip.

It was then that she noticed a green-haired young man loitering nearby, and he too had apparently been watching the goings-on, but she doubted her was here for idle romantic gossip. She vaguely recognized him from.. somewhere. Ah well. "Sir? Is there something you need?"

-----------------------------------------

"Sounds good to me. It's my favorite place in the city, after all." Sofi cheerfully lead her friend back into the market distract, reaching the center where a few stalls were set up, mostly selling food and a variety of trinkets, and shops lined the streets.

"You'll definitely find something you like here. This is the busiest part of the market district."

Molly
Molly
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rain Sat 12 May 2012, 6:28 pm

"Hey, slow down!" Vivace asked, firmly planting her feet and carefully shutting and locking her door before allowing the tugging to draw her off, "Where in the city are we even headed, anyway?"

The white-haired scribe really wanted to know that, first. There were certain parts of the city where her presence had... other connotations and she didn't want to slip back to those actions so quickly...
----
"I-It's too bright..." Maria mumbled, getting dragged along by the kitsune, "I can't see well except in the dark, I didn't know where your hand was..."
Rain
Rain
Holy Magical Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by AnnoR Sat 12 May 2012, 8:28 pm

"Huh?" Ariselli frowned, turning towards Vivace. That... why had she stopped her? She was going to take her right there! What was the problem? This was just... mean! And reasonless! And stuff!

"The temple is by the market district!" Ariselli said, "Now come on! Open the door and stuff!"

----

Adjusting her parasol, Rosalie followed Sofi into the market district. She peered around curiously. There was so much hustle and bustle... and all the shops. Even if none of it was remotely appetizing to her, it was still interesting to see all the food around... It was Maylene who did her shopping, of course. It had been a long while since she had been here...

"Could we perhaps find a tailor?" asked Rosalie.
AnnoR
AnnoR
Queen of Lolis

Back to top Go down

Post by RolePlayingRoxas Sat 12 May 2012, 8:33 pm

"Well, as good an excuse as any!" Makoto laughed, guiding the young girl by the hand. "...Seriously, though, I'm here, so don't worry too much about that, okay? Yer guardian fox's right here~"
RolePlayingRoxas
RolePlayingRoxas
Dark Magical Girl

Back to top Go down

Post by Simply David Sun 13 May 2012, 1:26 pm

"MY FAULT?!" Valery allowed herself to be pushed forward by the guard. Even when she was this angry, she knew fighting a guard wouldn't end well, "If you hadn't run into me none of this would happen! And stop knowing my people's language you -"

"OI!" The guard spoke up, "You two both be quiet or things will only get worse for ya," He pushed both Valery and Lyra forward and towards the large castle at the center of town.

------

Candy and the Head Mage had similar paths to take to get to their next destinations, so they had walked together. While during the lessons Candy may be allowed to get volatile and the two were not what you'd call "Kind" to each other, outside of that Candy upheld her lady-like attitude, as was what she's been taught since she was born. Therefore, the two were able to have a calm and idle chat as they walked together through the halls.

They would separate once they got past the main entranceway of the castle, or so that would be the case if they hadn't walked in to notice that a bunch of disappointed maids were walking in from outside. As soon as they saw Candy and the Head Mage, they straightened up but continued walking, managing to avoid coming off rude in front of them.

Candy and the Head Mage looked at each other, "Want to go see what happened?" Candy asked, a childish grin on her face. The Head Mage rolled his eyes but surprisingly didn't argue. Candy walked towards outside, and once she looked out, she noticed Alice...

------

Jack was a bit upset that he had been noticed, but he shrugged it off and decided to see if he could get inside. There was still a guard nearby that had been watching him, making sure he doesn't sneak inside the actual castle.

"Why yes, actually, there is something I need. Do you think you could get me inside so I may visit with the Head Mage?" He raised up his box of potions (Which would only look like a small box) and before he could say anything, a delightful young maiden stepped out from the castle and had spoken to the maid.

"Oh! Hello Alice!" Candy said, smiling as she walked out.
Simply David
Simply David
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Molly Sun 13 May 2012, 5:22 pm

"A tailor? Yeah, I know a good one. Sewn for royalty, you know?" Which wasn't all that impressive since they were in the capital city, but still. Grabbing onto Rosalie's hand, she pulled the girl along behind her across the expanse of the market and into a little stone building with a thatched roof.

The building was surprisingly cool inside, with the windows opened and letting in gusts of air that caused all the patterns and such in the store to rustle. A young woman with curly hair in ringlets turned to face them as they entered, smiling pleasantly.

"Sofia! Good to see you again. Do you need more fabrics for you dolls?" Sofi seemed to sigh as the other woman called them 'dolls'. She preferred to call them 'plush familiars', but still. "Not today. My friend here said that she wanted to visit a tailor, so I brought her to the best person I know."

The young woman walked around her counter and went over, reaching out to shake Rosalie's hand. "A pleasure. Any friend of one of my best customer is a friend of mine. I'm Natalie. Welcome to my armory and accessory shoppe."

Sofi chuckled. "A fancy way of saying she makes clothes and jewelry. Her father does all the metalwork. He's probably in the back."

-------------------------------------------

"The Head Mage? Hm. He should be free if he's done with his lessons, I'd be happy to show you the way." She remembered where she recognized him from now. He was the bartender from the Drunk Sparrow pub. She couldn't recall his name, as she had only seen him once or twice, but she at least knew he was, probably, harmless.

She had continued up the steps a bit after she was done talking, ready to take the young man inside, when she heard the princesses' voice rather close to her, and when she turned to look she realized she had almost walked right into her. Quickly stopping, and almost causing herself to lose her balance and fall backwards down the steps, she reached out to place her hand on the princess' shoulder to further steady herself. She really needed to learn to watch where she was walking. She quickly removed her hand, stepping back down a respectful distance away and curtsying.

"My princess, I wasn't aware you were done with your lessons. I apologize for being tardy to get you." As she lifted her head back up, she noticed the Head Mage lingering behind the princess, and she looked over at Jack, motioning for him to come up. "Head Mage, this young man is here to see you about something."

Remembering that Milano and Lance were still at the foot of the steps, she guess they were probably bothered by all this sudden activity. She glanced down towards them, seeing if they had fled to somewhere more private or not.
Molly
Molly
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by NazrinTsunMouse Tue 15 May 2012, 5:50 am

Lance opened his mouth to speak to his sister, but quickly closed it when not only had the maid not left yet, but more intruders to their privacy arrived. The young man's eyebrow slightly twitched, something that didn't go unnoticed by his sister. It was obvious her brother was a little annoyed. This was nothing like the Deragnia he was used to. It was alot noisier.

Milano placed a gentle hand on his arm, hoping to ease his tension, "Brother, it's okay. We'll talk in my room."

He nodded, but made no move to go yet. After all, he had no clue where Milano's room was. She would have to be the one to lead him.

----

"Hey!" Lyra shouted at the guard as she was pushed forward. She was definitely a bit miffed at this whole situation. A pushy guard wasn't helping matters either, "No pushing! Is that how your mother taught you to treat a girl?"
NazrinTsunMouse
NazrinTsunMouse
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Simply David Tue 15 May 2012, 4:37 pm

Candy was a bit surprised that Alice had taken so long to notice her, but that was fine, "There is nothing to worry about, I was on my way to my room to wait for you anyway," Candy had a big smile on her face. She certainly didn't mind deviating from the norm somewhat. Then she noticed some people at the bottom of the stairs.

She got a bit closer to Alice for a moment, "Oh, who's that handsome man talking to Milano?" Candy asked, kind of under her breath to Alice, not wanting anyone to hear something odd from the princess.

The head mage had immediately recognized Jack and motioned for him to come inside, and Jack made sure to be very careful as he maneuvered around the Princess and her maid, giving a polite "Good day, your highness" to Candy on his way in. Sexy as that brother of a maid was, Jack had momentarily more important business to attend to.

--------

The guard didn't even respond, but didn't seem to do any more shoving. Unless Lyra or Valery stopped, anyway, which would warrant a "Keep moving,". Valery was grumbling the whole way, though, and had a sour expression.

Wasn't long before they reached the front gates of the castle, either, which would surely not bother Lance at all that more people had shown up.
Simply David
Simply David
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Molly Tue 15 May 2012, 4:50 pm

Yep. Milano and her brother were still at the bottom of the stairs. She had offered to take them to the infirmary before, both to get the young man's wounds checked out and to give them some privacy, but in her embarrassed state her ability to speak was.. even less graceful than usual. And she was never all that graceful. Hopefully they could find somewhere quieter, and what was left of that herbal medicine would help.

The princess's voice caused her to snap back to attention, turning back to face Candy. Noting their proximity, she blushed a bit, her heart fluttering once before she calmed herself back down. She was professional, and she couldn't let all these odd feelings she was experiencing today get her off-track. Not like this was the first time she had felt this way around the princess...

But now wasn't the time for this. Even if the princess's use of the word 'handsome' made the feelings stir up again. "He's Milano's brother, my princess," she answered, somewhat more curtly than she meant to. "They are trying to have a private discussion, so I was making haste back up here when you and the Head Mage arrived."

The second part she said a bit more eagerly, driven by more than wanting to give Milano and her brother some private time. Something inside her was telling her to try and get the princess as far away from that young man as possible. She wasn't sure if it was her sense for danger or.. a simple feeling of jealousy. The sudden acknowledgement of her feelings made Alice start, and she looked.. agitated about it.
Molly
Molly
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by NazrinTsunMouse Wed 16 May 2012, 6:13 am

Oh great, more noisy people. Lance could not help the urge to rub the bridge of his nose as Lyra and Valery appeared. He was just about at his wits end when suddenly he looked up and his attention became fixated on that other woman with the maid. It was obvious she was younger than him, but not by much. He wasn't sure why, but something about that girl just grabbed his attention. It wasn't until Milano called his name that he snapped out of it.

"Lance, is something wrong?" She asked with concern lacing her tone. She looked to see where he had been staring. "Did you want to meet the princess?"

'Princess?' So she was the princess... Lance quickly shook his head, "No, let's get to your room quickly, before anymore distractions come."

"Oh, alright," Milano agreed, albeit with some hesitation, "But are you certain you don't want to meet her?"

Meanwhile, Lyra had her arms crossed over her chest and her cheeks slightly puffed. She was not pleased with this situation, not one bit. But she would keep silent for now. Of course, she could have used her ability, but she doubted it would work on the guard if he had to inclination to let them go in the first place.
NazrinTsunMouse
NazrinTsunMouse
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Simply David Wed 16 May 2012, 6:02 pm

Candy felt someone staring at her, and took a glance at Lance to see him turn away. She shrugged it off as coincidence, "Ah, her brother. I see," Candy wasn't really sure who Milano was, actually, having never really acquainted herself with the maids aside from Alice.

Then Candy looked at Alice again, and she seemed... very agitated, "Alice, I think- eep!" she was interrupted by a loud crashing noise.

The guard that was getting Lyra and Valery to come along was now holding onto Valery so that she was off the ground, by the back of her outfit.

"I WASN'T TRYING TO RUN I SWEAR!" Valery shouted out, now struggling to escape his hold.

"Oh? You sure seemed like you were, and trying to get away still even," The guard said, annoyed yet amused it seemed.

"HEY! I'm just trying to get out of your grip! Isn't that right? I wasn't running was I?" She directed this at the elf that was with their group, Lyra.

Jack noticed the commotion, as did the Head Mage. The very old looking man shook his head, motioning for Jack to take their business further in. Jack agreed easily, the box he was holding was very delicate business after all.
Simply David
Simply David
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Molly Wed 16 May 2012, 6:19 pm

Alice was forced out of her sour mood at the crash, instinctively reaching for the sword attached to her belt and standing in front of the princess, turning in the direction of the noise. There didn't seem to be any particular threat, though, and she relaxed, now looking puzzled at the appearance of the guard, who seemed to be herding and elf along and carrying a dwarf by the back of her shirt.

Turning back to face the princess, she gave her a puzzled look. "Troublemakers?" She turned back to face the disturbance before heading down the stairs and over to where the guard was. The princess was safe right now, with all these people around as well as other guards, so she saw no harm in checking out this.. odd occurance.

"Sir Guard? What's going on here?" Alice looked at each of the.. unwilling guests. They didn't look like any criminals she had ever seen, but you never knew.

"Did these two cause some sort of issue in town?"
Molly
Molly
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Simply David Wed 16 May 2012, 6:56 pm

Candy peered curiously at the situation as Alice seemed to be handling it.

"They were arguing in the middle of the market, dang near started fighting! You'd think they were a couple of drunk sailors," The guard explained the situation.

"HEY! Don't compare me to some seagoing idiot!" Valery shouted, "And I didn't try to escape neither! So put me down!"
Simply David
Simply David
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by NazrinTsunMouse Thu 17 May 2012, 6:23 am

"For the love of..." Lyra muttered in elven, rubbing the bridge of her nose. This dwarf was really gonna get her in some serious trouble. Sigh... she didn't want to resort to this, but desperate times calls for desperate measures. Simply talking her way out of it wasn't going to work, time to pull rank and get out of this mess. "Ahem... please ignore this incompetent dwarf for a second and allow me to introduce myself, I am Lyra Silvertongue, a representative sent by the Valish elves." A lie of course, but her last name should be enough to convince them otherwise. And if not, she had other methods of convincing them, though she'd rather not go to that extreme.

"I can't say I approve of your methods of welcoming guests." Maybe that remark was too much, but she was extremely annoyed right now. This was simply her way of venting.

Meanwhile, Milano tugged on her brother's arm and began pulling him away from the crowd. She couldn't help but notice how he would occasionally glance at the princess as he was pulled. The mention of Valish elves caught her attention though, the Valish lived very close to Deragnia. In fact, Lance and Milano's grandmother was a Valish elf. Though she left the clan long ago to marry a human. This was definitely interesting information, something that she would be expected to relay to her Queen's messengers. But now wasn't the time, her and Lance had alot of talking to do, especially if she suspected happened to him did. Milano was a perceptive girl and what she known of that man, she would not have put it past him to have told her brother, possibly even gloating about it. It put a foul taste in her mouth just thinking about it.

NazrinTsunMouse
NazrinTsunMouse
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Molly Thu 17 May 2012, 3:50 pm

Alice looked at the elf as she started to speak. So she was an ambassador from the elves? Huh. Well she guessed that wasn't too out of the ordinary, since there was a wild elf camp nearby, but she didn't know much about her or their people other than the rumors she had heard about their thieving ways and their magic. Still, they were allies, so she had to be polite. At the insult towards Ardanian hospitality, her brow muscle twitched involuntarily as she put on a smile.

"I'm terribly sorry, but the guard was just doing his job if you and the dwarf were about to start a brawl in the middle of a busy marketplace." Alice spoke as respectfully as she could, restraining any of the irritation she felt.

Alice then turned her attention to the dwarf, who was struggling in the guards grasp, then looked at the guard, motioning for him to put the dwarf on the ground. "You may put her down. If she tries to run, I'll take care of it." She then looked back down at the dwarf, approaching the two shorter girls. "Are you a representative from Moria? If so, I really wish you both would've sent some word ahead of your arrival.."

It was weird to have one representative just show up out of nowhere, let alone two.

Last edited by Molly on Sat 19 May 2012, 2:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Molly
Molly
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Simply David Thu 17 May 2012, 11:36 pm

The guard set Valery down, who immediately began to dust herself off and stand straight. 'Deal with her' this maid said, hah! Who did she think she was talking about a dwarf like she could handle her?

Valery huffed, "Nah, I'm here on a mission. I'm supposed to get a material from a Dragon for crafting, so I came here for directions to the nearest dragon. Got a bit sidetracked though..." the last sentence was stated very low. The rest in a very grumpy attitude.

Candy became very curious, especially at the mention of Silvertongue, and decided to step closer to the conversation and listen in on what was being said.
Simply David
Simply David
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GenericSpider Fri 18 May 2012, 7:06 pm

"That was someone I just met," said Polly. "We just had a friendly conversation in which nothing ackward or embarrassing happened at all!"

--

Lily, who had once again been following Alice, spoke up.

"Maybe you should try Derrangia. I hear they've got more dragons than they know what to do with," she said. "Someone really needs to do something about their surplus dragon population..."
GenericSpider
GenericSpider

Back to top Go down

Post by NazrinTsunMouse Fri 18 May 2012, 7:37 pm

"I did not start a brawl," Lyra scoffed at the maid. Honestly, the audacity of this maid was astounding, "The brute of a dwarf over there almost attacked me, I was only preparing to defend myself."

Stupid irritating maid, it was as if she had no idea who she was. Little did Lyra know that Alice indeed had no idea who this scrawny elf was. To her, she was probably another wild heathen elf.
NazrinTsunMouse
NazrinTsunMouse
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Molly Fri 18 May 2012, 7:46 pm

"It takes two to have a fight at the very least, elf. I don't really appreciate you waltzing in here and acting as if you are the queen." Alice sounded clearly irritated. She was still offended about the hospitality comment from earlier, as by insulting the kingdom's guard it in turn insulted the queen and princess, which she simply could not tolerate. Even if the elf was an ambassador.

"I'm unaware of what rules your.. people.. follow, but here, we take responsibility for our actions. Pardon my rudeness ambassador, but I'd assume this is common sense." This representative.. she looked more like a simple messenger to her.. so she thought it was a bit otu of line for her to come in, start a fight, and then insult her homeland's hospitality.

Last edited by Molly on Sat 19 May 2012, 2:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Molly
Molly
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by NazrinTsunMouse Fri 18 May 2012, 7:55 pm

Lyra opened her mouth to reply then closed it. She was utterly baffled by the foolishness of this maid. Had she really been an ambassador for her people.... this probably would not have ended well. Elves were a bit of the touchy sort. And if she had been accompanied by her guard? That would have been worse. They didn't take kindly to their heir getting insulted. Well, if the maid wanted to play like that, she might as well have a bit of fun and teach the barbarian maid a lesson while she was at it.

"I believe you've failed to realize who you are speaking to," Lyra said, crossing her arms over her small chest. Even though she was much smaller, she managed to give an imperious stance, "For your offenses against my race, I believe I should report this to my grandfather. I doubt he would be pleased to hear how I was treated."

This was of course a lie. Lyra would never report something like this. But might as well let the maid freak out over it.
NazrinTsunMouse
NazrinTsunMouse
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Simply David Fri 18 May 2012, 8:02 pm

Candy tapped Alice on the shoulder, "Uhm, uh, Alice..." She looked clearly very worried, and spoke quietly, "You should probably apologize to the elven princess before things get out of hand..."

Candy couldn't believe Alice was talking to her like that. Why would Alice treat the heir to the elven equivalent of a throne like that? She was very confused.

Valery wasn't quite getting what was going on here, having never worried about who was who in other civilizations. But Lyra threatening to tell her granddaddy was something that made Valery sneer. She didn't say anything though, since that Guard was already pissed at her.
Simply David
Simply David
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Molly Fri 18 May 2012, 8:09 pm

All the color seemed to drain from Alice's face at Candy's words. "She.. is.. a princess?" Her expression was a mixture of honest confusion and sheer horror. She.. she just snapped at royalty. She could've just caused an international incident. She tried to say more but all that came out was a kind of fearful, strangled noise.

Turning back to face Lyra, the maid dropped to one knee and lowered her head so far it was nearly touching the ground. "I'm terribly sorry for my rudeness! I was unaware of your rank- no. That doesn't make up for it. I shouldn'tve acted in such a manner in the first place.. not to an ambassador and especially not to a royal."

Keeping her head low, Alice seemed to be actually shaking. She was causing even more trouble now. First the Gawain incident, and now she was out here insulting visitors to the kingdom. "Please, accept my humble apology.. and please do not blame my princess or my queen.. they were unaware of my foolishness and ignorance." Why did she always let her feelings get out of hand when she felt the kingdom was being insulted? It wasn't like she was directly insulting the queen or princess but.. it felt like it to her.

Last edited by Molly on Sat 19 May 2012, 2:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Molly
Molly
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by NazrinTsunMouse Fri 18 May 2012, 8:23 pm

Lyra had to cover her mouth to keep from laughing at the maid's sudden shift in attitude. A snerk managed to escaped, however, "Heh, haha, you humans are so stiff. Or maybe it's just the maids, Now stop groveling, I'm not going to tell my grandfather. I was just messing with you~."

"Next time you'll know to hold your tongue, you never know who you may be speaking to," She stated smirking down at the maid, it seemed messing with this human had relieved her irritations.
NazrinTsunMouse
NazrinTsunMouse
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Simply David Fri 18 May 2012, 9:00 pm

Candy frowned at that point. What was her problem laughing and joking around about such serious things? Alice also seemed honestly upset about what she did. She really didn't recognize the name Silvertongue?

"Miss Silvertongue, you really shouldn't joke around about foreign affairs," Candy stated, stepping forward, "That isn't proper etiquette,"

Satisfied that she made her point she let that sit for a moment before she would speak again.
Simply David
Simply David
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Molly Fri 18 May 2012, 9:10 pm

Alice flinched at the chuckle, for a moment not moving as she let the information sink in. So the elf was just.. messing with her? That... was just pointlessly cruel! Apparently all she was going to learn about the elven people today was more negative aspects. Raising her head, she stared back up at Lyra, her expression impassive as she stood back up, now the one 'looking down' at her, due to their obvious height difference.

Alice did hold her tongue, though. As much as it irked her, she really didn't have a place to speak anymore, and as much and she wanted to tell the stupid pointy-eared girl a thing or two, it would not be even more out of line. So instead, she merely gave her a scathing look, having always been bad at hiding her emotions, before stepped back next to her princess, trying not to make her embarrassment too obvious.

Her cheeks were colored red from embarrassment and anger, but she did look appreciatively over at her princess. As much as it was probably not the best idea to defend her ignorance, it did make her heart feel warm when the princess stood up for her like this.
Molly
Molly
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by NazrinTsunMouse Fri 18 May 2012, 9:29 pm

"Hn, my apologies," Lyra quickly turned docile at the princesses chastising. Well, she didn't want to insult the human royalty, "It wasn't right of me to trick her. However, if it had been any other ambassador they would have reported her and no matter their station in life, my grandfather would have found offense with her behavior. My ranking should not have mattered, all of my people should be treated equally."

This was a rare moment for Lyra. One of those few moments where she showed the qualities of a true leader. It was during those moments when the powers in her voice unconsciously slipped out. But not enough for anyone to feel it drastically.
NazrinTsunMouse
NazrinTsunMouse
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Simply David Fri 18 May 2012, 9:44 pm

Candy was impressed, greatly impressed. And of course Lyra was right, Alice's actions weren't exactly appropriate.

Candy sighed, realizing she may have been backing up Alice simply because she was her friend. This was enough reason of course, but still.

"Very well, then. Would you like to come inside? It is a rare pleasure for a foreign heir to visit," Candy gestured for Lyra to go first, and then turned towards the dwarf, "As for you, I'll leave you to the guard I think,"

Suddenly it occurred to Valery she had attacked some princess. Or rather, that the princess attacked her, but it certainly didn't look good here! "Uh..." Valery couldn't even think of what to say.
Simply David
Simply David
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Molly Sat 19 May 2012, 11:03 am

And there went any good feelings Alice had about the situation. It was like some sort of force made a lump appear in her throat, guilt gnawing at her once again. It wasn't a strong force, but it was enough to make the feelings of disappointment she had in herself resurface.

It seemed it was time to broaden her horizons a bit more. As soon as she was able, she would have to stop by the castle library and get a few books on elven culture. Somehow, she doubted this elf would be the best source of information on the true nature of the elven people. Plus, she didn't particularly like her after that whole tricking fiasco.. plus the guilt trip. Alice sighed, trying to release the bad feelings.

It seemed reality was a good way to slap the ignorance out of someone. But even ignorance didn't justify her rudeness. It wasn't like she disliked the elves as a people, no. Just just didn't like someone disrespecting his kingdom's hospitality.

The dwarf seemed to be having the same sort of issues at the moment, as small an amount of comfort as that was. Alice was tempted to be the one to deal with the dwarf, if only because it would keep her separated from the princess and the new arrival for a short amount of time. She didn't particularly want to show her face around either of them right now.

It was then that she remembered Lily suddenly showing up, and she turned to speak to her friend. "You have a good point about dragons and Derengia..." She looked back at the dwarf, going closer to her and crouching down somewhat, speaking in a low voice. "If you'd like, you may join the Ardania Mercenary force. If we go to war with the Derengians.. there wile be plenty of dragons to fight." She spoke in a low voiced due to the fact that she didn't want the princess to hear her discussing war. The princess was such a kindhearted girl.. and she knew she probably would not like hearing such talk. "If that doesn't appeal to you, the guard can escort you to a cell for attempting to incite a fight, and you can just serve out your sentence there."

Either the dwarf would be punished for her crime, or they would gain a new ally in case war with Derengia broke out. She didn't really like giving the dwarf such an impasse, but it wasn't like her sentence would be too harsh if she refused.. plus she seemed eager to kill dragons, and she was giving her a chance to. Either way, she could make up for the ruckus she caused.
Molly
Molly
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 16 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10 ... 16  Next