Random Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Creator 
Admins 

Legend of Dragoon; Chronicles of Endiness

5 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Legend of Dragoon; Chronicles of Endiness - Page 2 Empty Re: Legend of Dragoon; Chronicles of Endiness

Post by Ragna the Saviour Fri 20 Mar 2015, 1:04 am

Arrow Vs. Raiden

The force of Raiden's blow and Arrow's resolve collided. The air broke as the Red-Dragoon struggled against the giant. "Tch, I won't... give IN!" the empowered blade managed to push Raiden a step back. That was all he needed. The wings blasted out, Arrow leaped straight up and smashed his opponent square in the face. 

Crash! Down he fell onto his back.

Arrow grunted with pain... but he didn't have time to be injured. He sheathed his blade, storing up a plethora of heat within the blade. 

Raiden managed to stand back up. Lightning blasted out from his joints. His hand reeled back and he threw himself at Arrow again. 

"This is the last time you're getting UP! SOLARFLASH!" the built up red magic ejected the sword. Arrow caught it as it left the sheathe. 

A tower of flame ripped straight into the air, meeting the goliath's lightning attack straight on. 

Jark Vs. Hazel

Jark managed to avoid everything that she threw at him, but almost barely. She had an upperhand with speed. Well, not quite the upperhand, but they were more evenly matched. 

Time to take advantage of that.

Hazel formed a blade of lightning in her hand then ran forward. Each step caused a circle to appear on the ground. They branched out, building up energy from causing friction in the air. The lightning blade came down in an arc at Jark. Time for close-ranged battle!
Ragna the Saviour
Ragna the Saviour
Princess of Dicks

Back to top Go down

Legend of Dragoon; Chronicles of Endiness - Page 2 Empty Re: Legend of Dragoon; Chronicles of Endiness

Post by ScorpionWins Fri 20 Mar 2015, 1:20 am

So she took the bait. Good. I hope this works... no. I don't need hope. This WILL work. She can't beat me. She has no power. Because in my world, there is only darkness. In my world...

As Jark charged the girl, lightning blade swinging down to meet him, he thrust at it. He focused, and his perception seemed to slow. He could feel himself moving through the air, feel the darkness beneath him and his opponent. Suddenly, the darkness swelled in size, becoming larger by tenfold mid-thrust. When the lightning blade made contact it simply disintegrated, the nothingness consuming it, heading straight for Hazel.

"ALL IS NAUGHT!"
ScorpionWins
ScorpionWins
Growing Demon

Back to top Go down

Post by Ragna the Saviour Fri 20 Mar 2015, 1:33 am

Seles

The swordsman's words rung true. He wasn't going to give in nor was Raiden going to win this fight. The blazing slash tore through the torso, going through the shoulder. The arm had been completely severed. 

"Huff... huff..." Arrow breathed in while the Dragoon armor vanished in a flurry of twisting flame. "You've lost..."

"... ... ..." no response. Of course, the iron giant pulled its head up to look at its dueling master.

Hazel was a rookie. She had little experience in combat. The stepping spells needed to build up more energy to be much of a threat. However, despite this fault, she had to survive. All for the sake of her mistress. She had to come out of this alive. 

"Ah!" she pulled herself back as the 'hole of nothingness' attempted to devour her. She stepped back, leaping, further until pain assailed her arm. "Gh, what? Wait, Raiden is-!" Her arm got caught in the twisting whirl. It was torn from its socket, blood blasting everywhere as it had been forcefully devoured by Jark's magical sphere. "AAaaah! This... this can't-!" 

Nothing else had to be said. 

Raiden leaped straight into the air, even after its injury from Arrow. There was no time to react. No attack on Jark nor Arrow - Raiden scooped Hazel up into its arm and leaped onto a nearby building to look down at the two new Dragoons. Arrow ran over to Jark, breathing while his injuries worsened by the second. That was fine, they managed to win this battle. "Jark, don't pursue them. We have to... ggh," he shook his head. "Take care of my own injuries then... check for survivors."
Ragna the Saviour
Ragna the Saviour
Princess of Dicks

Back to top Go down

Post by ScorpionWins Fri 20 Mar 2015, 7:10 pm

Purple dragoon armor faded into nothingness. The blind boy moved towards Arrow, letting the taller man lean on him if he needed to.

"Welp, I guess our enemies have been... disarmed." Jark grinned expectantly, but then noticed the state Arrow as in. "So, can you use the white-gold stone to heal yourself? Because you look kinda... fucked up. Man, you can take a hit though. If I got hit by all the shit you did, I'd probably be dead. Fortunately I'm just a bit drained and... tingly. Heh." He reached up to scratch his nose.

Though he couldn't see it, his right arm was red with the telltale sign of electrical burns. He reached into his pocket and withdrew his blindfold.

"So, you have bandages or do you wanna use my blindfold?" Jark asked.
ScorpionWins
ScorpionWins
Growing Demon

Back to top Go down

Post by Ragna the Saviour Fri 20 Mar 2015, 8:12 pm

Seles - After the Battle

The battle was over. Arrow managed to retrieve the White-Silver stone from that crazy girl for Shirley. He managed to fight against the thundering giant, but why didn't he feel like it was a victory? 

Because he failed to protect anything. The person that clung to Erstiel. He watched as his head was crushed. He could've protected that single life. Everything happened so fast that... could he really take any of the blame? It wasn't his fault anyone attacked, it wasn't his fault that Seles now burns in an evil fire. He and Jark fought to get into the city, to fight these two... to make a difference. "I'm... fine... Jark, thanks for the concern," no time to be thinking about his sorrow. The town was burning, people were in danger. He had to take charge of the situation. First he pulled out the White-Silver Stone and held it up with his Red Stone. They both shined bright. The injuries and fatigue of both Dragoon Knights would soon vanish with the warmth of the healing stone. 

Arrow pushed his concern for himself far away afterward. He'd get Jark's assistance in removing debris and surveying the city for survivors. A few rounds of the city would suggest that there were only a handful of people that were spared the untimely fate of the other villagers. Men, women and children... none were spared under their might. The hideous sides of charred corpses and blood-filled streets slowly drove Arrow further and further into anguish. He said nothing, he held it all in. He had to be strong for Jark's sake. 

He passed by a familiar looking house. 
His own, in fact, and he found himself staring inside of it.

The reflection of a youthful boy inside, hiding behind a rocking chair. "M-mom! Dad! Where are you!?"

"Ah!" he ran as fast as he could, jumping over a broken down wheel-barrel. He slammed the door with his shoulder to get it to open. "Come on ou-..." 

Nothing.
Nobody was there.
No boy. No parents. Absolutely nothing. 

The image of a fleeting dream lost in a single day. No, there were parents. Two corpses holding their hands together. No, they couldn't be his parents since they were already long gone. Those... were...

"Sera's...?"

Were they tending to the house when Seles was attacked? "You can't... be serious..." Arrow put a hand to his forehead. He lost his footing, only resting on the burned remains of his childhood home. "Why in God's name did this have to ... happen?" that question shocked him back to reality. "SERA!" 

God no. God no. God no.

The mantra repeated in his mind.

He raced up stairs, throwing charred wood, challenging the eating flames head on just for that one piece of proof. That one piece that she was still alive. Anything, everything, whatever was upstairs. SOMETHING HAD TO BE THERE. 

He rummaged through rubble. 
Of course there would be nothing there.
This was his house. 

He walked back downstairs. Panic had turned to fear. Fear turned back into anger again. The fire inside welled up. He continued on (maybe with Jark following). Not much conversation to be had. He was occupied with getting the remaining survivors on the train heading for Demacia. Since the radiotower fell down, he'd have to explain everything... or at least the 'head of the village now' would have to smooth the situation over. Plus he had to give Shirley. He had to keep his promise no matter what. Arrow pulled Jark along to the train that was stopped from going to Demacia through Seles. The rails weren't destroyed, fortunately enough, so the trip should be a short one. There was some panic - but Arrow managed to keep them calm. He and Jark were the heroes that saved them so they demanded a bit of respect amongst the frightful ones. 

"Take us back as fast as you can. Please," Arrow pleaded while taking a seat. 

The train roared to life.
Arrow didn't take the time to look out the window. He was more preoccupied with his own thoughts. 
The trip was long. Longer than he expected. Going forward, going back. Wasn't it just earlier in the day that Arrow left from Demacia to Seles? ... Yeah, it was. How was Jark feeling about all this? He didn't even give him the time of day. Did he think that he was ignoring him? 

"... Sorry, Jark," he mumbled under his breath while the train pulled into the station. "But... can I ask you to do something for me? I need you to take this stone to Shirley as soon as you get off the train. No matter how you get there, get it to her. I'll be with you as soon as I can. I have to make sure everything goes well for the refugees," he gave the White-Silver Stone to Jark. His grip was firm as he passed on his hopes for the girl onto Jark.
Ragna the Saviour
Ragna the Saviour
Princess of Dicks

Back to top Go down

Post by NazrinTsunMouse Fri 20 Mar 2015, 8:34 pm

Sera - Prairie

"I didn't mean-! Ugh, whatever!" Sera humphed, flipping her hair back in a gesture she hoped came off condescending enough. Stupid people with their weird looks and their suspicious attitude. She didn't need to associate with them at all! With another huff, she walked past the two and headed down the path. Her ears perked at them mentioning Basil, but only gave a moment's thought to it. Surely, they wouldn't be going the same way she was. Limestone Cave wasn't exactly the most popular way of getting there.

Limestone Cave

She couldn't believe it. The wingly was beginning to wonder if she was cursed. Here she was, thinking it would be the last she saw of the elf and the Giganto, but here they were, standing in front of the cave entrance. If that wasn't enough, they somehow managed to beat Sera here! Okay, so maybe she got turned out around a bit on the way, but only for a moment and she was making good time too! 

"Phew, okay Sera, just ignore them again and everything will be okay," She assured herself. Who was she kidding? This was surely a sign of things to come. She could feel it in her bones.
NazrinTsunMouse
NazrinTsunMouse
Admin

Award : Best Admin Ever.... Right?

https://randomroleplay.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by ScorpionWins Sat 21 Mar 2015, 12:39 am

Jark remained silent as the two walked through the town. He could feel people, unmoving, unbreathing. Corpses. But he saw none of the destruction. He kept a solemn expression on his face nonetheless, saddened by Arrow's voice. He could hear the older man's sorrow on the few occasions he spoke, feel him clench his fists and tremble. Jark didn't comment. The blind boy could only wonder why he felt so sad for these people.

Arrow. They were important to Arrow.

He sighed and followed quietly.

----
Demacia

"You got it chief." Jark said, taking the stone. "I'll get it to her lickety-split." Saluting, Jark got off the train.

As he entered the town he broke out into a run, panting slightly as he went, pushing past people when needed. He smiled as the hospital came into view...

He vanished.
--

There was the sound of someone crawling on the ground, under the bed. Jark leaped to his feet, dusting himself off and coughing slightly.

"Ecth, dusty." He coughed again to clear his throat and then looked at Shirley. "Surprise! Guess what I've goooot~" He reached into his pocket and drew from it the White-Silver stone. He held it out to Shirley, smiling.

"And if you're wondering, Arrow'll be here soon. Now, let's get you fixed up, shall we?"
ScorpionWins
ScorpionWins
Growing Demon

Back to top Go down

Post by Simply David Sat 21 Mar 2015, 6:35 pm

"Yeah yeah, I kind of agree with ya anyway," Wendy thoroughly ignored the now leaving and huffing girl, who now she thought of it looked like she had money. Probably should have been nicer to her, but oh well! "We'll catch this guy, who sure enough is heading right to limestone cave. But after this, lets get a bounty that's worth a lot more money, we clearly have a talent for this!" She sounded happy as she said that last part. Yeah, with this guy and her winds, it was easy to catch and take out bandits like this loser, so they should start stepping it up.

----

Here they were! The entrance to Limestone Cave, "Well, I'm not super happy about going into a dark cave, but it shouldn't be too bad," Wendy commented to her travelling companion.
Simply David
Simply David
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GenericSpider Sat 21 Mar 2015, 10:03 pm

"More money's good too," said Heimal. "From this point forward, no more small fries!" 

He pointed his hammer into the air dramatically; as if to make the point. After a moment in that pose, he spoke again. 

"...I should have waited till we caught the bandit to say that," 

--

After several misadventures; Heimal and Wendy had finally arrived at Limestone Cave.

"The dark will probably make whatever horrible monsters we encounter in their more fun to fight!" said Heimal, cheerfully.

He then noticed someone else was arriving at the cave. Someone familiar. 

"Oh look, it's the weird girl from the forest!" he said. "What brings you out here?"
GenericSpider
GenericSpider

Back to top Go down

Post by NazrinTsunMouse Sat 21 Mar 2015, 10:37 pm

"W-Wierd girl?! Just who are you referring to?!" Sera demanded, her face turning a remarkable shade of red. Every muscle in her body tensed and she seemed as if on the verge of exploding. How dare THEY call her the weird girl! They were far more weirder than her!

Sera crossed her arms over her chest, "I'll have you know, I am perfectly norm-..." She then considered the fact that she was only half wingly, further she recalled just why she was on this journey. A bastard daughter to the King of Basil, "So, maybe I'm not that perfectly normal, but I'm still more normal than you two weirdos!"

Shirley furrowed her brows. What was that noise? Slowly she edged towards the side of her bed, hoping to get a peek under it. With a yelp, she shot back as Jark emerged, coughing up all the dust that was under there. She put her hand on her chest and tried to calm her breathing. That was definitely not something she ever wanted to experience again. 

"Is... that it?" She stared at the stone. She knew Arrow could do it, but would it really work for her? Could this stone do what so many others could not? She reached out for it and took the stone in her hands.

A blinding light filled the room forcing Shirley to shut her eyes.

The stone had chosen her.
NazrinTsunMouse
NazrinTsunMouse
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Simply David Sat 21 Mar 2015, 10:55 pm

"Whoa whoa easy there miss," Wendy waved her hands to try and calm the both of them down. She then put her mind to work on several things at once.

1) This girl was here, which meant she wanted to either talk to them or go through this cave. She definitely didn't seem to want to talk to them, so that left the cave.
2) This girl looked rich. Or at least close to rich. This was vital information!
3) This girl had nobody with her to go through this cave, and she had money. Heimal is very clearly a tough looking guy, so his toughness spoke for itself.
4) PROFIT

"Listen, I think we got off on the wrong foot here," Wendy said, speaking calmly and in as soothing a voice as possible (Which was easy for her tiny elf voice), "I think we can reach a mutually beneficial arrangement here. You seem to want to go through this cave, and we do too! How about you pay us a humble fee and we'll protect your back as we all go through it together, what do you say?" She laid the offer on the table, feeling pretty confident that she'd at least given her a decent offer.
Simply David
Simply David
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GenericSpider Mon 23 Mar 2015, 9:48 pm

Heimal had no idea why the girl was getting so angry. Perhaps it was something Wendy did to anger her? Before he could turn to ask her this, however, the elf spoke. 

Charge the girl for protection through the cave? He wasn't entirely sure that was something his warrior's code condoned. In fact, he was fairly sure it wasn't. Then again, it wasn't like they weren't going to end up going through the cave at the same time as the girl. And it wasn't like they wouldn't likely end up slaying monsters that would have been a threat to her anyway. 

Plus, more money meant more meat. He was always partial to more meat. 

"I'd take her up on her offer!" he said. "We're really good at slaying horrible monsters! Not too bad at cooking them up either..."
GenericSpider
GenericSpider

Back to top Go down

Post by ScorpionWins Fri 27 Mar 2015, 12:48 am

Jark could not see the light, but he could feel the warmth. His dragoon stone tingled slightly. He smiled.

"So, I guess the stone worked?" He asked.
ScorpionWins
ScorpionWins
Growing Demon

Back to top Go down

Post by Ragna the Saviour Sun 29 Mar 2015, 3:46 am

Demacia

Arrow left to do what he had to do. Handling the influx of refugees wasn't only going to cause panic, it was going to cause more political duress too. Seles being burned with no one hearing about it? The group that performed the evil act was none other than a group of Winglies. "Another war," Arrow said to himself while walking up the stairs to the City's Council building. "More people are going to die, but for what? A crooked ideaology of the past?" Not just the past. Something that echoes over ten-thousand years into the abyss of time. A boiling hatred for the human race that spurs back to the birth of the human race from a sapling of the Divine Tree. 

The boy clenches his hand as he steps through the main entrance. He takes in a deep breath to calm himself. Explaining the situation while angry isn't going to do anyone any good. The only way to do this is to calm the nerves. Yes, it was terrible. Everything that happened to Seles was unjustified by any goal or any person. The people that lived there were simple townsfolk. With lives, with families - they didn't deserve any of that. 

"Tch," this was the opposite of calming down. The more he thought about it, the angrier he became. Was he really in a set frame of mind to deliver this news? The answer would likely be no. But there was no one else to do the job. A few more deep breaths, a close of the eyes and a step forward - Arrow moved forward to the front desk. There wasn't anyone present, probably on account of the message sent by radio from the train on the way here. Arrow took to a light jog down the right hallway. No one was guarding the door either. Again, good enough. He twisted the knob and entered. 

When Arrow entered, there were two people in the room standing across from one another. One was a man of age. Long brown hair, a beard and piercing eyes circled with wrinkles. Another a fair maiden with pointed ears and silver hair of a Wingly. 

"Seems like our extremist friends want to start the party already," the man spoke with a hand to his chin. "Coulda guessed it, but this soon?... Shit," the man scoffed while looking out the window. "AH, crap, you're that Arrow guy they said they'd send?" Arrow nodded while taking a few more steps into the center of the room. "How are the refugees? The casualties? Don't need precise numbers, give an estimate."

"Most of Seles was wiped out. We did our best to save what people we could. The entire city is in ashes," the images flashed forward to his mind. Inhaling the burning ashes of Seles. The dryness of his throat. His hand rubbed underneath his chin. 

"Here," the Wingly Councilor extended a cup of cold water out. "If they're this quick to move in... no, not the move itself. This will divide Demacia even further than it is now."

"Thank you," Arrow took a drink, washing away the sorrowful memory. "The refugees are in need of help and housing. I came to report about the situation. That's all," the situation becoming more dire than it already is wasn't something he wanted to discuss.

"That's ALL you're worried about? You're a citizen of Demacia too, aren't you?"

Arrow nodded, "And more than that, we heard them talk about a red man and some kind taking down some of their forces according to a witness on that train," that attendant spoke up on his and Jark's behalf? Well, that was nice but really unwanted attention. "Not just any man can put his life on the line like that," he narrowed his eyes. "Anyway... you're right, I guess, how the people take this isn't really your concern. It's something that Vera and I are going to have to deal with..." he put a hand to his forehead. "Tension of the Wingly Civil War. This'll be a great time," he reached for a mug sitting on the desk near the window. He downed half of it then slammed it back down on the wooden surface. "Not that he can do much about it," he sighed heavily. 

"With that attitude, nothing will get done," Vera shook her head.

"NOTHING?," Belos yelled. "I'm already sent everyone in the office to tend to them! What ELSE do you want me to do?!" seems like tension was running high.

Arrow looked out the door he just entered. The building was empty. Did he really need to come here if that was the case? "I was speaking about the situation between humans and Winglies. The only way to stop chaos from spreading is to act as fast as we can," Vera spoke with confidence. 

"Do what you like," the human Councilor shook his head. "It won't be that simple."

It was true that it wasn't going to be that easy. Arrow, of all people, knew that. The scars of the past weren't something that was so easily remedied. No one will forget the loss in the war, the loss of family and friends. He took in a deep breath while Vera and Belos continued to discuss how to take on the matter. Arrow bowed out after explaining things in a bit more detail to the Councilors of Demacia. When finished, he departed from the Council building. He gave thoughts to possible solutions on the matter as he ventured back to the university.

Demacia University - Medical Wing

He made his way back through the medical wing. His thoughts went from his doomed hometown to something more hopeful. The thoughts of Shirley having her illness cured. "... If she can smile, that'll make it worth it."
Ragna the Saviour
Ragna the Saviour
Princess of Dicks

Back to top Go down

Post by NazrinTsunMouse Mon 30 Mar 2015, 9:30 pm

Outside Limestone Cave

"What makes you think I can't take care of myself?" Sera replied curtly. She moved past Wendy and Heimel but stopped suddenly when she came face to face with the dark expanse of the cave. She gulped before swiftly turning back towards Wendy and Heimel, "Well, since we're going the same way, we should travel together. But I'm only paying if we actually do run into any trouble!"

And thus began the start of a very strange friendship.

----

Inside Limestone Cave

As Sera and her new companions traveled deeper in the cave, the girl would occasionally glance at her two companions. She was starting to think they weren't as bad as she initially thought. Still, she wasn't quite going to trust these two yet.  

It was then that she spotted it, a flutter of lights that she knew very well from books. Her eyes lit up with curious wonder, "Rock fireflies... this is my first time seeing them in person," She hurried up to the bugs and looked as if she were studying them, "Did you know? These fireflies have a special ability to heal wounds," Sera reached her hand out and the fireflies lit up even brighter, filling the group with healing energy, "I hear Demacia have been doing extensive studies on how to reproduce their rejuvenative properties."

She then flushed as she realized she was rambling on to her temporary companions, "Sorry, I get too excited about these things." 

---

At the Medical Wing

Shirley was now up and about, talking avidly with her mother. Earlier, she had tied to hug Jark for all that he did, but he didn't seem that he would be that receptive to one. So now, she sat in the waiting room with her mother and Jark. She refused to spend another second in that dreary hospital room.

"Are you sure you're okay, honey?" Her mother asked with tentative concern.

"I've never felt any better!" Shirley replied cheerfully, giving her mother a genuine smile, "You don't need to worry about me anymore, mama."

"It's true then? You're really a Dragoon now? When we named you Shirley, we never truly thought... but this is... I just can't believe it."

"You have to, mama. It's really true," As if to emphasize her point, she pulled out her Dragoon Stone. It shone with a warm light.

Her mother smiled slightly, looking less like the haggard woman from before, "I know, I guess I always knew that you were destined for great things. That's why we wanted so desperately for you to get better. You had so much more to live for and now... we know exactly what it is. I'm so, so happy for you."
NazrinTsunMouse
NazrinTsunMouse
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GenericSpider Mon 30 Mar 2015, 11:17 pm

As Sera walked past, Heimal whispered to Wendy.

"If she doesn't pay us, I'm still going to fight things," he said.

And with that, he followed Sera into the cave.

--

"Learn something new every day," said Heimal, already considering the battle applications of Rock Fireflies. 

Perhaps they could prove useful if he caught a few. But then, how would he train them to fly to his opponents and heal them up? He wasn't even sure bugs were smart enough to be trained. 

Sera seemed to know about bugs. So he asked her. 

"How smart are they?"
GenericSpider
GenericSpider

Back to top Go down

Post by Simply David Fri 03 Apr 2015, 3:53 pm

Wendy was going to argue with Sera a bit, but Heimal's comment made her sigh. As the three of them went in, she shrugged, "Can't be helped, I guess,"

--

"Ohh, these are really pretty," Wendy's eyes lit up at the sight of the fireflies. Yeah, this made the trip really worth it, "Hm..." she considered catching one, but knew that magic had a way of coming back on you if abused. While she was perfectly fine with snatching physical objects and money, little magic bugs were probably a bad idea.

"Well Heimal, they're smart enough to heal people, so I'd say that's smart enough," Wendy snickered at her companion.
Simply David
Simply David
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ScorpionWins Fri 03 Apr 2015, 11:25 pm

"Glad you're feeling better. And welcome to Dragoonhood I guess." Said Jark, smiling at Shirley. "Just try not to die okay? Me 'n Arrow had to kill and maim quite a few people to get that. They were all evil though, so don't worry about them too much. Shit happens."
ScorpionWins
ScorpionWins
Growing Demon

Back to top Go down

Post by Ragna the Saviour Sun 05 Apr 2015, 9:11 pm

Demacia - Medical Wing

How was he going to talk to Shirley now? Arrow took in a deep breath. It would come to him. He would say what he would have to say. He opened the door to see something he didn't expect. The stone shined bright as Shirley was a chosen. "That's-" he didn't intend for the light to shine like that without the assistance of another stone. 

No, he didn't tell Jark to do that. He only told Jark to give the stone to Shirley. Either way, she would have been chosen regardless. "That's ..." what was haunting him like that? He shook his head. It was just doubt, that's all. "I'm glad it worked. I really am, Shirley. Now you'll be able to do everything that you've always wanted."\

Limestone Cavern

Drip.
Water falls rhytmhically in the distance.
Drip.
Drip.

It continues on, uninterrupted until the sound of shifting earth echoes through out the cavern.

The dripping ceases. The ground rocks back and forth. It doesn't sound like a giant stepping through the limestone cavern. It sounds more like a train rushing through the ground. There's a train nearby, but it doesn't run this close to be this loud. There was only one explanation-

"RRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAaaaooooooooooo!" water splashed up into the air, raining down on the group of three. The worm soared higher up into the air then smacked down right through the ground with its drilling mouth. So it came from the ground, through the water, only to burrow into the ground again? It was certainly an adaptable creature! It twisted its body, turning in a loop, then came back up to rear its ugly head. Half of its body stuck out of the ground. Whatever it was doing, it wasn't good for the group! Well neither was tresspassing on its territory, but there you have it.
Ragna the Saviour
Ragna the Saviour
Princess of Dicks

Back to top Go down

Post by GenericSpider Wed 15 Apr 2015, 10:26 am

"So," said Heimal, grinning like a madman. "Who wants the first worm-steak?" 

And then, he charged at the beast with his hammer drawn.
GenericSpider
GenericSpider

Back to top Go down

Post by NazrinTsunMouse Wed 15 Apr 2015, 9:18 pm

"Really?" Shirley questioned Jark, "What happened?"

Before she could get an answer, Arrow appeared in the room. He looked troubled, this much she could clearly see. She had to know what happened on their way to get the stone for her. Standing up, she rushed over to Arrow and gave him a hug, "Thank you so much, for everything."

After a moment, she moved back, but kept at arms length with her friend, "I know something is bothering you, can you please tell me what it is?"

----

Sera stepped back in surprise. Why? She thought these caves were safe to travel now. What changed?

It seemed like there was no way of escape. They had no choice but to fight. She reached to her back pulled out two blades that were previously hidden by her cloak. She got into stance and eyed the monster cautiously. Unlike her ally, she wasn't about to rush recklessly towards the worm.
NazrinTsunMouse
NazrinTsunMouse
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Simply David Sat 18 Apr 2015, 3:55 pm

"Ah crap, that thing is bigger than anything I expected to be in here," Wendy sighed as she stayed towards the back of the group. She knew what was going to be the most effective act here, since Heimal was being predictable as always. She was going to distract this beast so that Heimal could front line safely!

"Hey, princess, hope this means you're gonna pay up!" Wendy said, before 'pushing' the wind behind her to move at high speeds. As she lost some of the acceleration, she started shouting at the monster, "Oiii! Tall dark and ugly! I got a snack for you~!" she then tossed a few weak bursts of wind at the monster. This should at least make it focus her before Heimal landed something that actually did damage.
Simply David
Simply David
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ScorpionWins Sun 19 Apr 2015, 2:22 pm

"Well,"  Said Jark, "There were some bandits or something looking for the stone and we got into a bit of a scuffle. Some fires broke out, and, well, suffice to say we got a fair number of refugees comin' to town. But we got the stone, so at least something good came out of it. Heh."
ScorpionWins
ScorpionWins
Growing Demon

Back to top Go down

Post by Ragna the Saviour Sun 26 Apr 2015, 2:19 pm

Limestone Cavern - Vs. Vial Burrow Worm

It let out another roar as Heimal charged forward. Then the Giganto was accompanied by a short annoying elf with wind magic. It pelted the worm in the face, only long enough for Heimal to land a powerful blow. The bursts of 'wind' didn't do much more than intended. But Heimal's strike? The worm pulled back after screeching in pain. It didn't fall off the side and into the chasm below, but it started leaking out a strange 'fluid' from the its 'face'. 

"RAaaooo!" it let out another roar, causing the entire cavern to shake. 

The drilling mouth started to move. Boiling water burst out from its mouth in the form of a straight line. It was a laser of sclading hot liquid that'd be able to slice through any normal person just upon contact. The worm performs a swinging motion, blasting Heimal, Sera and Wendy if they were unfortunate enough to be slice by the scalding water beam.

Arrow - Medical Wing

The hug came as a surprise. The embrace caused Arrow's muscles to tense. "I'm just happy it worked. Now you'll be able to do everything you've ever wanted..." he mumbled that last part while frowning.

Is this going to be her destiny as a Dragoon? To fight again now that the world seems to be toiling into chaos? "Listen, Shirley. I- no, we'll tell you everything over food. Does that sound alright...?" yeah, he didn't seem too enthusiastic about the whole thing.
Ragna the Saviour
Ragna the Saviour
Princess of Dicks

Back to top Go down

Post by GenericSpider Sat 02 May 2015, 8:54 am

"First blood is mine," said Heimal, preparing to press his attack. 

However, he was forced to hit the ground to avoid the beasts attack. Had he been a second shorter; he'd have been decapitated. At the thought of coming this close to death; he couldn't help but start to laugh. 

He got to his feet; and charged the beast again. He didn't bother to look back at his comrades. If he'd been able to dodge the attack; there's no way it'd touch Wendy. So he was going to focus his attention on the potential fight in front of him. 

"Come on beast! You may just be worthy of eating yet!"
GenericSpider
GenericSpider

Back to top Go down

Post by NazrinTsunMouse Tue 05 May 2015, 7:50 pm

Sera swiftly dodged the boiling water, having been on guard the entire time. Her thoughts swirled around quickly, thinking of a way to kill the beast. If Wendy and Heimel were distracting it, then maybe...

Having decided on a course of action, she moved, running as fast as she could to the other side of the worm. If she could time this right and keep of her momentum, then just maybe she would be able to pull this off.

She jumped, landing on the worm's back and began running along its length. Just as it was about to move to shake her off, she jumped again, holding her swords above her head and stabbed. This would embed the swords into the back of the worm's head.
----

"Bandits?" Shirley questioned. There was still something the two were keeping from her, but it didn't seem like she would be getting those answers anytime soon. She sighed, "Fine, we'll talk over food, but don't hold anything back. I'd like to think we're friends, Arrow so I just, really want to know what's bothering you."
NazrinTsunMouse
NazrinTsunMouse
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Simply David Tue 05 May 2015, 11:55 pm

"Whoa!" Wendy backflipped behind a rock, avoiding the attack as well. She then saw Sera running up the back of the worm, "Yeah! Get him!" She cheered Sera on as she even jumped and stabbed deep into the worm's head, "HELL YEAH!" Wendy put her fingers in her mouth as she whistled at her, then looked at Heimal, "Alright big guy go finish him off!" She called out, feeling like Heimal could finish it off while it focused on the attack to the back of its head, assuming that attack wasn't going to just kill it anyway.
Simply David
Simply David
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GenericSpider Thu 07 May 2015, 4:08 pm

Heimal grinned like a madman as he charged the beast again. He aimed at the spot where he'd made the worm bleed; seeking to open the wound even further. 

He hoped to kill it without knocking it into the chasm below. After all, he'd promised the others worm steaks.
GenericSpider
GenericSpider

Back to top Go down

Post by ScorpionWins Fri 08 May 2015, 12:26 am

"Yeah, good luck with that." Muttered Jark. Louder, he said "Like I said, don't worry about it. It's hardly your fault - even if you weren't sick we probably wouldn't have let them have the stone anyway. Who knows what the hell they planned to do with it, since it's not like you can kill people with healing."

Jark scratched his cheek. Then his stomach rumbled slightly.

"So... food? Food sounds good now."
ScorpionWins
ScorpionWins
Growing Demon

Back to top Go down

Post by Ragna the Saviour Sun 10 May 2015, 12:23 pm

Limestone Cavern - Vs. Vial Burrow Worm

The snake coiled backward as it tried to throw Sera off. That was until Heimal pressed forward to challenge it again. Good enough, the worm could-

...!

Yes, that was a seering pain. Sera's blades dug deep into the worm's 'head', causing it to pull back in writhing agony. Then the second follow up from Heimal's next attack might as well have ended the fight. It spasmed. Its tail started to erratically slash at the earth as it blasted out water from its mouth. The worm rose up into the air then fell straight back with Sera on its head. It may have crushed her if she didn't get off fast enough. After that the worm slinked away as fast as it could go. Its fight or flight was telling it to GET the hell out of there. It sunk down into the chasm and to the body of water below in hopes of escaping the onslaught of the three travellers.

Demacia - Pronged Talon 

The group left the university to go have some food at a nearby outdoor restaurant. There were umbrellas to stop the enroaching sun from disturbing customers. There was a nice balcony view of the strees below. A lot of people seemed to flock here just because of that. And well, it's one of the cheapest restaurants with edible food. 

Arrow ordered some ice water and some white meat in the form of large tuna. He felt like if he didn't eat anything, Shirley might have pressed more on what's bothering him. No point in making her worry too much. Not before giving her some really terrible news. "... On what Jark said earlier, about bandits. I'm sure that isn't the case. They're much too organized," he remembered their riding equipment and armor. If they were bandits - they were really well funded. "They were some kind of military..." memories of the white-haired girl and the strange purple machine come to light. "Some were Winglies, others were humans..." 

This was getting harder to talk about. He sighed while taking a drink of his water, "On the way to Seles, the train stopped. Jark and I got out to fight and... kill them," that word was hard to think, let alone say. "After we fought... we made it to Seles which burned red. Smoke rose up into the sky. There were corpses all around. Bleeding, suffering, rotting. Crying out for help, crying out for me. I ... I couldn't do anything for them. I-I..." he shook. Tears formed in his eyes. His quaking palms moved to his face. His glasses fell to the table. "I'm... sorry," he wiped his tears while placing his glasses haphazardly back onto his face.
Ragna the Saviour
Ragna the Saviour
Princess of Dicks

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next