Random Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Creator 
Admins 

David's absolutely amazing game that everyone should play

Go down

David's absolutely amazing game that everyone should play Empty David's absolutely amazing game that everyone should play

Post by Simply David Fri 03 Aug 2012, 10:53 pm

Hello everyone! So, I've been putting a lot of work into the battle system for this RPG. As in, I even managed to neglect RP's sometimes. But, I'm rather happy with the end result! I hope everyone enjoys playing it as much as I enjoyed making it!

For now, this first version is incomplete, so please bear with me. Every song used in it is just a placeholder until I decide on something. Instead of putting out a demo and then much later putting out the full version, this game will be updated in segments of varying length (Though generally in the same area of length). The first version only explores the safe zone you start in, and an area where you experience the first of your combat and puzzles.

The story tells itself in this game, but essentially you play as Jace and Jessica, who've been spirited away from their home and don't know where they are. I wish you luck as you go headfirst into this adventure!

Aaaand I'll be honest, since this is just the first version, what you're really doing is beta testing it. BUT! If you enjoy this small taste of the game, that'll encourage me to go further with this game even faster than I've been working on it! (Just be sure to report any bugs, text glitches, jump failures, etc. to me so I can have it fixed in the next version)

The link for the download:
http://www.mediafire.com/?4vux79175vx8m7d

The RTP Data you'll need for the game:
http://www.rpgmakerweb.com/download/run-time-package

(You will in fact have to extract this to play) (If you have any problems talk to me and I'll see what's up)

IMPORTANT NOTE!
The SP system hasn't been worked out perfectly, so you'll be gaining varying amounts of SP during battle that can be used to purchase skills that, thus far, aren't actually ready to be used. DO NOT TRY TO USE JACE'S PURCHASED SPELLS! Jessica's spells, however, are passive effects that will work perfectly for now, though I'm not sure if these skills will be in the final version. So be aware that these skills can and will change.

FINAL NOTE!
You can post in this topic about the game as much as you want. Reviews are very much appreciated, and any comments on glitches or difficulty will be very helpful in improving the game's quality. However, I'm fine with you just saying these things in the chatbox if that's more comfortable.

Alright, I hope everyone enjoys!
Simply David
Simply David
Admin

Back to top Go down

David's absolutely amazing game that everyone should play Empty Re: David's absolutely amazing game that everyone should play

Post by Simply David Mon 06 Aug 2012, 11:25 pm

So a quick explanation for the characters for those who haven't played the game yet. (I failed to put in an explanation of how the battles work)

This simple explanation only covers how to control the two characters. How everything works visually should be pretty easy to understand if you pay attention to the HP, MP, and TP bars.

Jace can only use magic, he can't do anything except use magic, and trying to do otherwise is just silly. Even if he gets confused, he just uselessly punches anyone on screen for null damage. To make use of him, it will be best to quickly find the one book in the demo and equip it to him. The book unlocks a new option "Read Book", which casts the basic spell "Fireball" for 25 MP. The rest of his spells are under the menu option "Magic". Keep track of his MP, though it does regenerate every turn. If you run out, DO NOT BE AFRAID TO USE THE GUARD OPTION! It gives him a defense boost for the turn (As you would expect) and gives back a minor 5 MP.

Jessica, on the other hand, is actually more complicated in battle but doesn't require a lot of thinking ahead of time (At first as there is only one combo in the demo). When Jessica attacks, you have to look at the right of the battle screen and you'll see five options. Four of them are greyed out at first because they require she equip her weapons. The last of the five, Low Sweep, is activated by pushing the "D" key (As it is shown on the screen as well). You get five moves, so just rape that D key whenever the combat starts. After she equips the Claws (Once you find them) she obtains two of the other move options. You now have access to the combo "Claw Barrage"! In battle, to use this move, hit "QWQ" and you'll use this move. As it has such a low TP cost in the demo, you will never actually not be able to use it since the three moves gain you enough TP to use the combo. Feel free to spam this move that hits eight random enemies! Very Happy

And that's it! Hope things are a bit clearer, and I promise I'll explain every character BEFORE they enter battle in the next demo!
Simply David
Simply David
Admin

Back to top Go down

David's absolutely amazing game that everyone should play Empty Re: David's absolutely amazing game that everyone should play

Post by Simply David Thu 09 Aug 2012, 11:59 pm

I'm announcing an official date for when I release the next version of my game!

Probably to my own sleep-based detriment. Razz

BUT! My next game shall be the "MY BROTHER'S BIRTHDAY SPECIAL RELEASE!" on September 4th! As you may guess, it's because that's my brother's birthday. Razz So, hopefully I can get it all done by then! Or at least, everything I need for this first part.
Simply David
Simply David
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down